Posted Image

Starlet central is busy this weekend. Helping Joel with Red Ranger tonight and Friday, and painting a few bits in my engine bay and doing a few cosmetic bits to Susan on Friday and Saturday too.

Feels great working on Joel's car, getting to help with the legend and finally progress!

Beth

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First stage of beautifying the bay! Corolla inlet mani painted purple and a new cleaned out throttle body painted gun metal grey. Painting the smoothed rocker cover next weekend hopefully and getting some more blue piping!

Posted Image

Sexy. Was there a noticeable performance boost with the new inlet?

seems that way, although difficult to tell right now because the fecking throttle cable keeps getting caught under the new throttle body/inlet so I'm sitting at like 2000 rpm, idle hahaha. Probably going to cable tie it out of the way.

It seems to pick up a lot easier though! Like, fifth gear, going round a corner so ease off a little, then when i throttle again it just goes no bother. And it also rides the clutch better, when i lift off the throttle she really goes just by herself. It's hard to describe but it seems to have made a positive difference!

going to get an upgraded radio tonight, finally! I have loved the little pioneer i had, first car radio I had with bluetooth!
But I've wanted a double din for 6 years, since playing with my boyfriends touch screen one in his first starlet, now dead RIP. So I'm heading out to Halfords to get a Pioneer FH-X700BT. Not a touch screen but looks awesome!
Teaming this with the Alpine under seat sub I'm getting for christmas will hopefully turn my little SR into a mobile club. :yahoo:

Beth

Taking this to get dyno'd on the 25th hopefully, I won't say what I'm hoping for but would love anything in the 70's and more than that is a bonus considering what little I've done.

Id be happy if she's just held her horses from stock to be honest.

Also fitting my tte front lip to my new bumper this weekend so it's ready to paint.

Still hoping on painting before 30/11 but it's a bit up in the air.

Still need to paint my rocker cover, maybe get that done this weekend too.

And still have a momo steering wheel and evo 8 recaros to be fitted.

So much to do so little time! Especially with uni getting in the way, although most of my loan has gone into this car haha.

No picture updates as I park under a tree in uni all day so she's stinking and needs a good snow foam.

Hopefully have some real updates soon!

Or shoes and bags ;)

Haha I have two pairs of shoes and a school bag :p no dolla left for spending anything on things I don't need like shoes when I can buy things like new manifolds instead.... Hahaha.

That will look sweet! The interior will look great with those recaros in!!

thanks! I'm so excited to see what it will all look like done :D

Small update, I finally sold my yaris! So i can put some TLC into this girl like she deserves now. New timing belt is number one, and fixing a blow out that is causing some serious power loss, I'm a little scared to look underneath at how big it must be...

im so ready to just have this little girl looking right!

Beth

Edited by bdohohh

Slight hiccup, think she's overfuelling! Feels bogged down in all gears after 2/3k rpm, there's a decent amount of white smoke coming out if I accelerate hard and I smell fuel when I throttle.

Will try some fuel cleaner and fix the blow out, and check the spark plugs too.

Probably reset ECU too just to be safe.

Won't be doing any of this for a few days as I was paintballing with my boyfriend and his friends yesterday and right now I feel like I'm never going to feel happy again!

Beth

Love the tte lip! Always wanted one for my SRs ive had!

Gunna look awsome

Thanks! Yeah my boyfriend bought a black sr a few years ago with one on it and when he sold it on he kept the lip! And since his project has a glanza front end, I'm the lucky winner :p

Beth

Thanks! Yeah my boyfriend bought a black sr a few years ago with one on it and when he sold it on he kept the lip! And since his project has a glanza front end, I'm the lucky winner :p

Beth

Yep! Youve been lucky with that, such are rare item too! Cant get better than that!

pumped some redex fuel injector cleaner in today because 99% sure she's over fuelling. Hopefully that'll fix it, if not gonna reset the ECU and might have to take the rolla mani out and replace it with either another standard n/a one or maybe an ep85 one or something, just so it's a little bit upgraded.

She's finally cured, ish.

After thinking the worst and presuming the lower piston rings were fooked, or that she was overfuelling, turns out a combination of four blowouts at once (I know, right), needing wheel alignment done and also the fact she's now 16 years old is the reason for the problems.

The funny smell was from the breather filter I put on. Still not sure why I get white puffs of smoke but compression tests went very well, 200-205 in each one. Plus the spark plugs looked nice and clean.

Either way took her out for a spin last night not scared to go over 3k rpm for the first time and she went sooooo well.

So now, back to the excitement :D I'm hoping that within the next week or two my little girl is going to become something a bit different :D

Beth