• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally home from an awesome weekend at JAE and Alton towers! I've missed little Susan so much, might take her out for a spin tonight depending on petrol haha.

Got some big plans, hopefully changing the manifold and a few updates to the induction side of things to get a little bit more power. Also going to get a little mini air filter because I think they look cool.

Will be painted all the new body parts so hopefully she'll look completely different soon!

Changing the wheels too :( to a set of sparcos in terrible need of refurb, but they have snow tyres and I'm not risking chipping my paint.

So now that JAE is over my car will be getting a lot of tlc the next few weeks! Updates to come! :)

Ps Phil, we have cake and stickers for you and Mrs Badger :)

Beth

^^yes, I got a pre-drunk phonecall about that from Mr Bower on saturday night lol! I look forward to receiving and distributing said items to the NorthStar community!

Looking forward to seeing some updates on this over the coming weeks/months, as always, I know he doesnt need any help, but if he does, the Joel-Meister just has to shout!

Phil.

Did some playing and got the air filter front facing now to get a bit more air so a little bit more powa :) need to change the filter tomorrow though as I broke the hks haha oops...

Next up is source a catch can or breather filter to get rid of some unsightly tubes.

Also would quite like an apexi rsm as I'm having a few issues with the revs and want to keep a closer eye on what they're hitting.

Still can't wait for the new body to go on, she's going to look so different! :D

Beth

Edited by bdohohh

Replaced the broken HKS with a pipercross filter and having it sitting sucking in so much air!

Car feels a lot more responsive already and so much fun to drive, also fixed the idling issue by adjusting the timing which was a little off so she's a pleasure to drive again :)

d8522efb1d96ec32041cca588f713d31.jpg

Edited by bdohohh

That looks awesome, so shiny :)

What exhaust mani is that? Doesn't look anywhere near as damn ugly as the stock one.

Cheers pal! The filter is a pipercross, love how it looks so different to the last one :D

The exhaust mani is obx :) was aerosoled black to stop it rusting so that's why it still looks quite clean xD

Beth

Replaced my dirty old battery with a new, smaller Jap one so my air filter has more room, as it was sucking in warm air cause it was so close to the exhaust mani. Also my boyfriend surprised me with a new breather filter :D I think they look sweet and it gets rid of an unsightly pipe. Will replace it with a catch can once I source one.

Next up is corolla mani I have to go on, move the battery back a bit to move the air filter over a lot more to get it sucking even more cold air in.

and then, or maybe before, body part time. Still just waiting for it to be painted, I'm so excited to see what it's going to look like. Never seen a starlet with quite the same combination of parts so I can't wait to see what it looks like! :D

Beth.

Ok I need help! Next weekend is a busy busy one. Removing bump strips to prep for getting the body done, painting my new inlet mani and smoothed rocker cover.
BUT I wanna put something on the rocker cover. I'd love to put a domo but my boyfriends brother has that so I don't want to copy him!
Something mascot-ish like that though, I just can't decide! Wouldn't mind something a little girly but not too keen on anything really really feminine cause I quite like people thinking its a guys car until they meet me haha people act weird once they find out I'm a girl so I'd rather something a little androgynous.
Any ideas welcome though, HELP!

Beth

Minion. Something from mosters inc. Disney/pixar?

Not a big fan of the minion thing.

Disney/pixar sounds like it could be a winner though! Now just gotta narrow it down haha. I have until this saturday to get it so no pressure... :p

Go old skool. An american tail fievel goes west ;)

haha that would make sense cause my best mate is obsessed with that and wants to call his child fievel...

I was thinking stitch from lilo and stitch maybe cause it would be easy to get a little teddy of him too, and the colour scheme is blue and purple.

I need to find the right size sticker now, might make Joel do it.

Haha I've never met anyone i know thats even heard of it. Surprised you knew tbh lol

haha I was brought up on old recordings rather than current tv and my brothers were obsessed with fievel so I was forced to watch reruns over and over again.

I'm great in pub quizzes lol