• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awwww :') and no i know a few car girls :) its nice to see a female in a decked car and one that can take a bit of stick aswell, its okay being into them but the boys will give them stick, as long as they can give it back and not cry in the corner its soooo much nicer

Haha well I grew up with two brothers so I can definitely take stick hahaha.

ok so aside from that silliness ^ haha
It has been decided I shall be getting an underseat sub/amp thing (I know nout about sound systems etc) and maybe a double din.
Double din wise, I really really want the pioneer FH-X700BT cause I've always wanted a double din and my boyfriends brother has one in his mx5 and it looks so good! plus bluetooth and/or usb connectivity is a must.

Sub wise, no idea what I want. My boyfriends brother has an alpine, pwe-v80 I think.
It has to be underseat, not a huge big box. I want it to go under the passenger seat or on the parcel shelf so needs to be slim and light. And good sound, like 150w+. So if anyone has any recommendations, please let me know!

Beth.

Good girl ;) and also what have you done to your exhaust (taken cat out ect ect) to make it spit flames or is you flicking the ignition ??

haha well exhaust is a custom system, HKS back box, decat custom centre section and OBX manifold, but pretty sure none of that matters :p

It doesn't drive like this, because its a bitch on fuel.. BUT if you unplug your idle control valve then rev her up, it does this hahaha. Pops and bang and shoots flames. Shows up a fault on the dash but its so much fun to do for a little while, or to surprise people with bee*r's who think they're the only ones who spit flames ;)

Im not sure what cars it can be done to, not sure I'd recommend it on some, tried it on my boyfriends ae111 trueno and flames shot out the inlet manifold and he lost half an eyebrow hahahaha.

Beth.

Edited by bdohohh

Oh wow okay lol i need a decat in mine really :) but im not paying all that money for the manifold and stuff like that lol :')

mine was free... haha the benefits of a boyfriend who buys things compulsively then realises he doesn't need them so gives them to me :p also his plans for his starlet have changed about 4 times and every time they do I get his old plan.. :p

Have you had it MOT'd with that exhaust? Curious whether an FE can pass emissions without the cat

Going for MOT next monday but it'll be fine! or at least it should... :p

Hodamn, good luck, hope she sails through. Can't imagine there's much for her to fail on tbh, you take good care of her. I just get this feeling of dread everytime one of mine has to get tested, I've got a 0% success rate so far for first time passes.

She's been all looked over, only chance is the front driver light is fogged up but it clears with a hair dryer so just gonna do that before she goes in and replace it properly after. Brakes are fine, coils are fine, no blowouts, tyre pressure and tread is good, no faults, all electrics work so.... What could go wrong haha

^^^i have another trick for fogging of the front lights as I had the same issue on my crystals.

see the rubber boot on the back of the light unit? leave it off. headlight should then clear itself of fog. I left mine off for years, just be mindfull when washing the car is all.

Phil.

Will try that Phil! Was just gonna hair dryer it before MOT and fix it after. Joel obviously has a set of lights so if needs be I'll just replace them.

Thanks though guys! I'll try both those things if I can't be assed changing them completely and see if either work!

Beth

Edited by bdohohh

Something weird happened last night. I was down at Carrick Car Cruise and had the car off for about an hour sitting chatting away. Nothing was left on, key was out of the ignition and lights were off. Went to start, it started, did the usual revs up to about 1200 or so, then usually it falls back to 8/900 when cold. But it went up to 1200 then just all the way down... And cut itself out. Turned it on again and no issues. No issues this morning either.

It's clearly not battery or starter motor, right?? So I'm just totally baffled as to what the hell it could be. Not worried as it hasn't done it again but I'm just curious to see if I did something wrong or what....

Beth

So approximately four hours of unboxing later, my rep glanza duck spoiler is here!

Wooooo!

Posted Image

Will bring it down to all the other parts sitting waiting patiently haha, have almost a full car chilling :p

Beth

Something weird happened last night. I was down at Carrick Car Cruise and had the car off for about an hour sitting chatting away. Nothing was left on, key was out of the ignition and lights were off. Went to start, it started, did the usual revs up to about 1200 or so, then usually it falls back to 8/900 when cold. But it went up to 1200 then just all the way down... And cut itself out. Turned it on again and no issues. No issues this morning either.

It's clearly not battery or starter motor, right?? So I'm just totally baffled as to what the hell it could be. Not worried as it hasn't done it again but I'm just curious to see if I did something wrong or what....

Beth

Mine does this aswell dont think its anything to worry about it sounds like mine over fuels itself then cuts out but starts fine after

Mine does this aswell dont think its anything to worry about it sounds like mine over fuels itself then cuts out but starts fine after

Hasn't done it since that one time! So not gonna worry about it. She was just having an off day I guess? haha thanks though, good to know its not just her!

Nice Looking Sr :thumbsup:

Thanks chum!

Beth.