• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm I may be interested phil! It'll be a while before we paint as we've to wait til Alan has time as it's all getting spray painted. But I'll be in touch about the rocker cover, smooth would look good with the paint colour! 😉

So was up at Ireland's biggest car show on Sunday, good day out, some fantastic drifting going on.

Had my car in the show and shine and found one photo of it so far, but there's at least two more coming hopefully.

10517561_697905273615455_870296870530653

Also got blitz oil cap and radiator cap as well as a front strut brace :) And my paint arrived! :D So will hopefully get the wheels done as soon as we can, and then whatever we have left over will be used on bits and pieces around the car.
IMG_0098_zps3c057584.jpg

@Phil, turns out Joel has a smoothed rocker cover for me that he neglected to mention! Sorry for saying I'd buy yours pal had no idea Joel had one sitting around. Probably should have known to be fair hahaha, he keeps buying/acquiring random parts for my car without telling me :L

Looks amazing on that pic. Just along the lines how i want mine!

Very nice

cheers! I love how it looks I have to admit, I can see me playing with kits and all and then just bringing it back to standard haha.

lol no worries B!

looking good in that pic and nice Blitz parts!

Phil.

Sorry again pal, like I said I wouldn't have opened my big mouth if I'd known Joel had one sitting for me, blame him for not telling me!

Thanks chum :D

lol its no bother, honestly.

looking forward to seeing this new paint!

Phil.

Me too! Hopefully get the wheels rubbed down this weekend, so will be running around on mismatched alloys as I'm gonna paint my two rears, my spare and one of joels spares :L

Can't wait to see how they'll look!

Also slight slight chance I'll get my lip, skirts and rear bumper painted soon! :D

Edited by bdohohh

I love the original sr stickers looks great on the white!

They've grown on me! I love them now. Gonna get a full new set from morgey as the ones I have are a little scratched up and the rear has been removed.

so parked in town today and some dick reversed into my car while parking. Luckily we were sitting right across the road so saw it all, pushed the whole car back like a foot he hit it that hard.
Luckily damage is very minimal, tiny scrape/gouge out in the front bumper and some paint chips, nothing I can't get replaced and fix really easy but we asked for details just incase.
Clearly he wasn't insured, he went nuts on us claiming there was no damage, didn't seem to understand that that wasn't the point. wrote his name so we couldn't read his surname, we asked for his number and he got back in his car and tried to drive off, shouted after him so he flicked it in reverse and tried to mow us down, my boyfriend only just missed being smacked cause I pushed him out of the way, and he was inches away from running over my feet.
Luckily we got a photo of his number plate and his make and model etc and we know his first name at least.

waiting on police to get up to my boyfriends now, I wanna find the bastard and get him done for a hit and run. hope he suffers.

Small update, peelers been up and away again already. Really impressed with them. Offered me the choice, if I wanted him given a disciplinary warning which is where it'll all go on record, or take it to court.
not bothering with court cause the damage is so minimal and because I don't have the time or energy to deal with going through all that. Hopefully the guy will learn his lesson. Police are saying they'll get in contact with me again when they've talked to him.

A little bit of me hopes he tries to fight the police and gets done for that haha.

as said to Joel yesterday, really sorry to hear about this B.

the main thing is that you and Joel weren't in the car, and that you's werent harmed by his behavior following the incident. Boys like that need a swift smack in the teeth. but the main thing is you're both ok and the car is in the best possible hands to be repaired and look better than it ever has!!!!

as I said to Joel, if there's anything I can do to lend a hand, just shout!

Phil.

Thanks very much Phil! Yeah it's scary how close he came to hitting Joel, couldn't believe someone would do that just to save his own ass.

Looked at the car again this morning with a clear head and it's not so bad. As you said it couldn't have happened better with me having Joel, he thinks he has an n/a front bumper that we can put my lip on and spray all as one so it's all new and shiny.

Hoping the police do get back to me would love to know what happens.

On a positive note, serviced the car today. Oil change, new fuel filter, ran a diagnostic, fault 33 came up, issues with the idle control valve probably because we had it unplugged to make my car go pop for a bit of fun yesterday haha.

Only took it out for a second but anyway, reset the diagnostics and the fault was gone so all good.

Adjusting the suspension today, one side is sitting a bit higher so dropping it down to sit the same as the other side. Also might play around a little with camber, not sure yet 😜

yeah can't let it get ya down! we'd nout else to do today anyway.

got the suspension all evened up and rubbed down two wheels so they can be painted. tomorrow will rub down the others and maybe mess with the camber then.

also fitted a glanza strut brace and it makes it hold together so well, together with the coil overs the handling is unreal now.

If anyone has an n/a front bumper for sale, please let me know! looking one to replace my current dinged up one.
Trying to get everything sorted for being painted and put on. Wheels hopefully painted this week or next, can't wait.
Then got the glanza skirts and rear bumper sitting waiting, tte lip as well which I'm gonna attach to the bumper and paint all together.

Also gonna save up to buy some HRF spats to complete the look of the back, oh and I'm getting a duck spoiler for my birthday in a few weeks hopefully!
Also asking for a momo/omp steering wheel for christmas (Parents think I've gone bloody mad haha)

and hopefully have the seat rails from my yaris modified to fit my recaros back in.

I'm hoping to have this sitting pretty by christmas to be honest, but knowing my luck something will go wrong and i'll have nout done until january 2020.

So things are happening! Been on ebay a bit much the past few days, considering my bank account is negative until I get paid, buying little things. Got a luke tow strap, in purple of course, and a few decals.

also some rather more important developments happening this week! My wheels are being painted on wednesday (eeeeeep!) So excited for this, as I'm currently running around with two of the toms from my yaris on the back (kindly lent back to me by my boyfriends brother), and a set of unpainted, sanded down toms evolutions on the front :L although the purple on white looks amazing so I can't wait for the speed lines to go back on all sparkly and purple!

other developments include my parents telling me to get a quote for a duck spoiler as this is my birthday present - couldn't quite believe they suggested this as they have no clue about cars and have never bought me anything for mine before, not even asked if I wanted anything haha. so very happy about that, will hopefully be buying it asap.

also planning on saving up to get myself a set of HRF spats. May have to wait due to money but asap :D
And then I want a new front bumper. Could paint my current one again but would mean having my car off the road for a few days/driving around with no bumper haha. As Phil said, she deserves a shiny new front end!

My current ultimate goal (which will change again as soon as I reach it) is repainting/getting a new tte spoiler and tailgate, buying, painting and putting on HRF spats and front bumper, painting and fitting the glanza side skirts and back bumper and tte front lip I have already.

Would also love to get the doors repainted, but will be keeping the bump strip even if I have to buy new doors and refit it!
And would love to get the quarter panels repainted too.
Essentially I want a full respray but can't afford that so just going to work on each part as I can. Gonna get a touch up kit for the worst of the paint chips.

As picky as I'm being I love this little car, how it looks even with chips and odd wheels. I just want the best for her, if I had the money it would be all new body parts and full respray!

Oh and also planning on getting my rear three windows tinted, probably medium/dark smoke depending on how they look.

So much to do, I keep forgetting all the things I need haha.