Haha she wouldn't leave me alone. I kept hosing her down to make her leave but she just wanted to go for a ride!

Anyone have any recommendations on how low to go? Sitting 30mm front and rear atm, putting the d2's in tomorrow and no idea how low to go. First time putting coil overs in will be interesting I'm sure... Haha.

Edited by bdohohh
  • Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha she wouldn't leave me alone. I kept hosing her down to make her leave but she just wanted to go for a ride!

Anyone have any recommendations on how low to go? Sitting 30mm front and rear atm, putting the d2's in tomorrow and no idea how low to go. First time putting coil overs in will be interesting I'm sure... Haha.

Personally I wouldn't go any lower than 60 depending on the sort of roads you drive on! And if the cars as nice underneath as it is on top you'll have it done within the hour!

How much work is involved in removing bump strips? Really annoying me but don't wanna take them off if it's gonna take me a week to get it looking nice again :L

Edited by bdohohh

Personally I wouldn't go any lower than 60 depending on the sort of roads you drive on! And if the cars as nice underneath as it is on top you'll have it done within the hour!

Yeah it looks good so far, haven't had it on a ramp but just from seeing it jacked, looks almost entirely untampered with!

I was being told 45-50 but I saw some people have them dropped like 80! Think I will be safe and keep to around 50/60.

Major plans this weekend is D2's, change back to my tom's wheels until the speed lines are done being painted, and put my noise box back on and take off any silencers boxes that are currently there :p

How much work is involved in removing bump strips? Really annoying me but don't wanna take them off if it's gonna take me a week to get it looking nice again :L

Absolute nightmare, I ended up using petrol, and a credit card to scrape it off. Too many hours on it. :L

Ive heard since, using a caramel wheel lifts it quicker.

Absolute nightmare, I ended up using petrol, and a credit card to scrape it off. Too many hours on it. :L

Ive heard since, using a caramel wheel lifts it quicker.

I'm sure I could get my hands on a caramel wheel. I was just going to try tar and glue or adhesive remover.

I really don't like them but can't decide if its worth it haha.

I'm sure I could get my hands on a caramel wheel. I was just going to try tar and glue or adhesive remover.

I really don't like them but can't decide if its worth it haha.

You'll make alot of people angry for "defacing" such a mint SR. haha.

I hated them at first, but now seeing them on the SR's with the stickers, I can see why thy're loved.

You'll make alot of people angry for "defacing" such a mint SR. haha.

I hated them at first, but now seeing them on the SR's with the stickers, I can see why thy're loved.

yeah i've already got some heat for saying I plan on putting glanza bits on hahaha. I've no intention of being another person who ruins an sr but I will be modding it. All reversible so it can be put back to standard one day though.

I'm not 100% about the bump strips. I could be convinced to keep them but I just don't like how they look.

This car is soooo clean! :thumbsup: I'll keep my eye on this blog, cant wait to see what you do with her! :) keep the updates coming!

Lee

Cheers buddy! Will do, few car shows over here in the next few weeks so will be trying to get stuff done asap. :)

bump strips are a prick because of the glue, but I'm sure the lads have something that could be used to remove the crap from the paint.

it will of course then leave holes in the decals. Someone here can source a solid version of the decals, meaning u could swap the whole lot.

looking forward to seeing this weekends progress!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil.

yeah I'd definitely not swap them if they were factory but I'll see! Still unconvinced. I look at the car in some light and think, hey they look alright, then in another way and they look vile haha.

So susan got her low on tonight. sitting pretty. first time i've driven a car with coils, it's an experience anyway :p But it looks class and sticks to the road like poo to a blanket now.

didn't have time/got too tired to do anything else so the new exhaust system, HKS air filter and some blue tubing for the engine bay is all going on tomorrow.

Plus might put my purple Tom's back on, just to have purple wheels again, and so the speed lines can get rubbed down and ready for paint.

All in all, a good first days work on her!

E6345CB8-4CA3-4E60-8C70-8EB8DEFB9C93_zps

A06CD4FC-AA41-4FE8-8A11-EB3E9E22B059_zps

CF1FAD3C-E2C3-4BE3-B7D1-5EF6ED10C55E_zps

6623F6A7-FEE3-42ED-9A7E-0EDA612BCA5D_zps

2B0E46C1-7B1E-4753-B78F-FE906029E3FD_zps

Looking really smart, I would keep the bump strips, it splits it up and matches the alloys. If you took them off it would just be massive white panels and look very plain imo.

Cheers mate. Yeah I totally agree..when I see it right :L Sometimes I look at it and just think their horrible, but it'll take a spontaneous decision one day for them to come off, until then they're staying.

I just colour coded mine, think they break it up just enough having something on the door. Newspaper and masking tape, Rough them up n rattle canned.

I can get In fill strips for the bump strips or complete solid ones if you do remove the strips but want to replace the Sr decals.

610F95A8-C24A-4AC2-B75E-AA5F10DB443F-893

Air filter is now on! Getting the wheel alignment done and then wheels and exhaust system. Will take it somewhere to get some nice snaps today maybe :)

Cars coming together well now!,

Very clean! Keep the updates coming! :thumbsup:

Thanks pal!! :)

Susan found her voice today.
Drives mint with the new coil overs! and just sounds perfect now.

bitta custom blue tubing and the new mushroom filter.
75D1B2C2-41CC-418D-9028-5EED382578E3_zps

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuA0MsmyatU&feature=youtu.be

that induction noise

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T0STPk3F78&feature=youtu.be

Sweet exhaust! Had a HKS back box on my old blue one! sounded mint!

Air filter is good also! Keep the updates coming! ;)

air filter and HKS together make it sound so good, might get someone to video a drive by cause it sounds sweeeeet on the road!

Thanks pal!

Still getting used to the coil overs, almost shat my pants earlier coming round a corner, roads over here are a bollocks so it was bouncy as f*ck :L My foot jittered up and down on the pedal and ended up losing it a little and flooring it when I finally made it round the corner.

Van behind me actually had a dropped jaw, probably thinking "the funk is this girl doing" hahahaha

air filter and HKS together make it sound so good, might get someone to video a drive by cause it sounds sweeeeet on the road!

Thanks pal!

Still getting used to the coil overs, almost shat my pants earlier coming round a corner, roads over here are a bollocks so it was bouncy as f*ck :L My foot jittered up and down on the pedal and ended up losing it a little and flooring it when I finally made it round the corner.

Van behind me actually had a dropped jaw, probably thinking "the funk is this girl doing" hahahaha

Lmao haha! Fair play for holding it and not loosing it lol!

Yeah defo get a vid up! Always love the sound of a hks! :)

Lmao haha! Fair play for holding it and not loosing it lol!

Yeah defo get a vid up! Always love the sound of a hks! :)

yeah I'm still not used to the power of this wee beast, only a little step up but compared to my yaris this feels like a feckin supra hahaha. plus I'm a bloody bollocks of a driver.

i'll see if I can convince someone to stand on a roadside or maybe even near a tunnel to get a drive by of it! Would quite like to see how it sounds from the outside myself anyway.