Proton Satria GTI what do you think?

Hear me out on this one this is a Proton Satria GTI

imagejpg1_zpse1574b5e.jpg

Theese cars make me curious and i was wondering if anyone has owned or driven one, i seen a not bad one for sale locally for only 500 bucks and i cant help but think it could be fun!

With a 1.8 litre engine producing 132 bhp the parts are mitsubushi and the handling by Lotus, so why are they so cheap is it the brand image? Or are they just plain old poop. Id never replace my starlet for one but i would own one for fun but they are mad on insurance!

imagejpg1_zps7cd5ee15.jpg

Look alot like the recaros you get in a Glanza!

imagejpg3_zps89302325.jpg

imagejpg4_zpsa5e9d305.jpg

I looked at these a few years back, all ill say is do an insurance quote it may answer a few questions lol

also the evo engine isnt capable of turbocharging like its bigger brother which is a real shame but I have driven one and its actually quite a fun car

I looked at these a few years back, all ill say is do an insurance quote it may answer a few questions lol

also the evo engine isnt capable of turbocharging like its bigger brother which is a real shame but I have driven one and its actually quite a fun car

Definetley wouldnt be getting one at this age same insurance quota as a glanza aint a pretty sight

Its based on a mitsi colt.

Chuck the mivec head on it from a 4g92 mirage cyborg with some management and you're pushing towards 200hp.

My friend had the cyborg and it was a brilliant little car. Handled really well on b roads comfy and well built, the engine had a lovely roar to it. And that was from a 93/94 so id like to think with another 6 7 years to improve on that the proton should be a great car

Its based on a mitsi colt.

Chuck the mivec head on it from a 4g92 mirage cyborg with some management and you're pushing towards 200hp.

My friend had the cyborg and it was a brilliant little car. Handled really well on b roads comfy and well built, the engine had a lovely roar to it. And that was from a 93/94 so id like to think with another 6 7 years to improve on that the proton should be a great car

My mate swapped his Glanza rep for a cyborg it had massive spec but blew up within 5 minutes haha!

screw it and get a subaru justy ! not sure what tuning or engine swaps are available but theres a swift near me the lad was bragging it cost him about 30k over 10 years.

but 30k thats nearlt a high spec r34

Ohh no you mentioned Justy, Morgey will make a mess in his pants haha :p

Nah kidding on, finding one of those Justys is a bit of a task i think. Another cool wee car is the Daihatsu Charade DeTomaso, almost bought one of a dude on here but someone else was quicker to put a deposit down.

Ohh no you mentioned Justy, Morgey will make a mess in his pants haha :p

Nah kidding on, finding one of those Justys is a bit of a task i think. Another cool wee car is the Daihatsu Charade DeTomaso, almost bought one of a dude on here but someone else was quicker to put a deposit down.

It is actually the same guy who has the justy who owned the cyborg lol

Low down torque they are nice. Handling wise they piss all over starlets tbh and the Recaros are pretty Comfy. You can boost them relatively safeley. With a bit of boost one would be bloody epic.

There's a thread with mine somewhere on Rotas etc, if I'd boosted it I'd have kept it!

The Proton is a rare wee car, looks ok aswell, if you can get a hold of one cheap then go for it !!

Id have a Colt / Mirage, theres one round this way with a FTO V6 in it, quite quick like.

is it silver??? my mates old car if so as he sold it to some one local but they have just sold it...

was OK nothing mental fast thow.. but handled amazing as all evo stuff swaps over ok

There's a white one with wide arches that goes to a lot of the shows, satria bottom end with a mivec black top head and boost. Engine was built by a company in Newbury and it bloody flies.