Just a question don't judge!

if you just fitted a turbo then it would blow up very quickly.

with all supporting mods and low boost it should be ok.

Don't be tempted to run anything about 0.5 bar id say on an na engine.

personally would swap a 4efte in if you want to go turbo as thats what youll end up doing in the end anyways i reckon ...

to do it properly its not a cheap affair, however there have been some impressive results from race-tech and tuning developments who have both done this.

the one big bonus of doing a 4efe-t is that when the engine blows a replacement engine is cheap and you just swap the turbo stuff over and off you go :)

just my thoughts :)

james

Ive done it.

Its a bit more work than just bolting a turbo on. There are also a few ways to do the conversion, way i done it i used GT looms, ECU, MAP sensor etc.

Theres lots of threads in the Tech section of you have a dig :)

The map sensor can't read boost. It just reads it at 0. It will just run extremely lean and bye bye engine. There's no missfiring or any crap that people mentioned above. With a set of 4efte injectors, a 1:2 rrfpr and the lambda unplugged it will run great but get like 5mpg lol

Edited by richardc9052

The map sensor can't read boost. It just reads it at 0. It will just run extremely lean and bye bye engine. There's no missfiring or any crap that people mentioned above. With a set of 4efte injectors, a 1:2 rrfpr and the lambda unplugged it will run great but get like 5mpg lol

If goes into a fuel cut safe mode when it comes on boost. It's in a video. And KidV had it when he made his 4efe-t

Look lads I know what I know. I have seen, driven and even taken down a drag strip a starlet running 4efe with a ct9 strapped on. Missing only the lambda but with added 4efte injectors and an fpr. Believe me. I was there when the car was being turbo'd and know how it works.

This was on not 1 but 2 engines in the same starlet. The BIMoto.

The map sensor can only read 1 bar below 0. Giving some allowance to atmospheric pressure based on being above or below sea level.

The ecu doesn't know what boost is so can't react when it sees it. The map sensor can't even detect it to warn the ecu. It just reads that it's under full load and follows the fuel and ignition map as if it's still n/a

I've seen someone running NA ECU on turbo engine, All that he did was a 4E FTE MAP sensor and injectors double the size. <They compensate the MAP, and the MAP reads the boost correctly...

Even if a 4efte map sensor was compatible (is it?) the voltage range would be divided up further and so would only send the voltage that the n/a ecu knew as WOT at 1 bar of boost. On an n/a you won't be going over 0.5-0.6 (which has the same ECR as an fte at 1 bar)

So you will only ever get 3/4 of the way through the n/a map. Meaning adding way more fuel with fpr and or bigger injectors.

Again. It all works but it's not something you want to do on anything for the road

Thats a 4age. Not 4efe. I don't know much about them but that's exactly what I said above. It doesn't make the ecu read boost it just divides up the voltage range. I the ecu will think you are only at 3/4 load at all times when boosting. Might as well keep the standard map and dump loads of fuel in. Same thing as he will also need an adjustable for to add loads of fuel for boost.