Scottish Independence

Wondered when this thread would pop up lol. Its a bad idea, Salmond is a fat cunt who just wants to be the king of Scotland, he has no plan B on the the Pound or if we'll be able to stay in Europe, and hes basing our future on the amount of oil we have, but thats just a guess. His whole scheme is based on ifs and buts, he isnt thinking long term at all.

What fucks me right off is not being able to vote on this. Nothing against any Scots on here, but I'd vote yes to independence for a few reasons, and it's not like it doesn't affect us in England when our tax pounds are going north of the border paying for scot uni fees etc.

On a personal level, I want devolution for Cornwall, the scots getting independence would set a nice bit of precedent for that.

I personally don't care either way we will be shafted by some posh twats. What annoys me is all the propaganda with the English saying they send there pounds to us to survive or our yes voters saying we just send our oil money down south to fund a country filled with in unemployed immigrates. The fact is as a whole we spent more money than we had and ended up in debt. Doesn't really matter if we spend more north or south of the border when the United Kingdom as a whole spends more money than its making but still feels it nessesary to give away billions of pounds to other country's every year

It doesn't matter if your talking about Scottish independence, freeing Palastine or how high you can piss up a wall when your drunk. Having one of these debates online is the equivalent of being in the school yard talking about how hard your dad is. Because you can pretty much claim or say whatever the hell you want with no proof there's always some daft website or meme that will back you up.

I agree. In my opinion this is a car forum and one of the only places to escape the news and general shit of life.i know i can just ignore them but dont really wanna read about racism, terroists and scottish independence on a car forum. Not saying i dont have strong opions on the subject buts there better places for it. Thats my view anyway if others wanna argue the toss on here who am i to say

EH?! The future of our country and how it's run is a huge waste of time?......

Whoever runs it, it will still be run by idiots, just passed from one idiot to the next. Do you really think all these promises will be kept....I say NO they won't

Whoever runs it, it will still be run by idiots, just passed from one idiot to the next. Do you really think all these promises will be kept....I say NO they won't

There's only one way to find out. Vote yes

• 3 weeks later...

Fuck it, take the nhs, free prescriptions, free university off them.

Wish England got to vote... Only be fair. Personally stand at the border with my fingers up when they try and worm back.

Were you bullied by a Scot as a child or something Ollie ?

Tbh i want it to happen, i want scotland to prosper and develope without being held back by our government.

But im struggling to see where the income is going to come from. Theres too much weight being put on the oil and not much being said about what else is about.

But what ever happens Scotland going to win, if it doesn't go ahead the english government has made so many promises to keep scotland in that its laughable lol