HELP! Pretty sure I've been sold a standard ECU (fake PNP)

Bought a "Fisco plug and play ecu" from here. In terms of appearance, the box is completely identical to the standard ecu, except for a crude "Fisco" sticker that has been applied OVER the standard Toyota markings.

I fitted it and have noticed that there is no increase in performance and the rev limiter is identical to the standard ecu.

I'm guessing I have been ripped off?

Opened her up. It actually has a small sister board, but then how can the limiter be at the same level as my standard ECU? Could the sister board itself be faulty? Previous owner has now admitted to having had the unit open, which i'm led to believe can cause irreparable damage.

It can if the uv resistant tape is removed from the chip and it's then exposed to sunlight. I've had a p+p open before to check chip for what it was mapped for/to with no I'll effects.. As have many others.

It certainly hasnt stopped the daughter board from working as if it had the ecu wouldn't work at all.

Is there any info on Fisco ecu's in general?

Can you put some pictures up of yours with the cover off? (No flash)

Fisco are quite rare to find info on I had a good look once, as above turn the boost level up I don't believe in the whole open case ecu chip destruction av had them open in the past

Edited by Gainzy
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought id flop these up to show you guys eventually. Seems legit, just can't understand why the rev limiter isn't different. As someone said they're all different and perhaps this Fisco ecu doesn't effect the rev limiter. I'll try and get some dyno time and do some further testing.

zbFcUF.jpg

UENwtm.jpg

88ryXg.jpg

• 9 months later...