• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There much work involved doing a 4age swap?

If you look in the alternative engine discussion area I've covered most of whats required to do it. But as with many thigs theres more than 1 way to skin a cat lol

After the paint it'll be all good again mate and it's a lovely engine conversion. Those engines are getting pretty rare now.

it still wont be fully mint unless i had the full car done which im not, yeah they sure are, id be tempted to use the 2zz now as theyre more common.

Damn! I want that reflet bumper :(

Haha not for sale im afraid

Also i ordered my sports cat tuesday turned up weds, £70 delivered for a 200 cell stainless cat isnt too bad!

• 2 weeks later...

Haha id get some help from my mates. We'd make it work somehow!

Got a high pressure line made up and a bit of normal return line back to the bottle and got it all fitted.

IMG-20160422-WA0003.jpeg

Im going to make some nice ally cable clamps to hold them apart and one ill mount on top of the engine mount as theres a thread in the top of it which i may as well use to tidy it all up.

• 3 weeks later...

Exhaust is back, will be fitting once my axle stands are freed up again.

In the mean time i made some hose brackets for the PS lines to stop them rubbing on things.

20160513_162803.jpg

20160513_162845.jpg

Also test fitted my cupra splitter to the reflet bumper and threw it on the car to see how it looked.

20160514_152055.jpg

20160514_151957.jpg

Wasnt a huge fan of the bumper without but now im very happy with it just got to wait for paint!

Still got to get the pump wired in, spray bumper brackets and remount bumper. Torque hub nuts stick rear bumper on then take it for MOT. once thats done will be getting arches rolled, spacers on, both sets of wheels powder coated and then i think ill be happy with it.

That means time to enjoy it hopefully!!

#fatmanproblems 😂😂

I sprayed my bumper brackets up yesterday had a couple of stainless bolts so mounted them with that but could do with some more for the crash bar.

If i can find a torque wrench ill do the hub nuts today, stick the rear bumper on and i think my bros mate is towing his swift gti home so will have my axle stands back to do my exhaust 😊

Worth it though mate obviously you think so too. I think I was very very lucky with mine. Next best quote I had was £850! Paint shops can be pot luck unless you know people who have had decent experiences with them. Because I've only lived where I am for a year it's difficult to find places to trust

Edited by Pikey009

I hope so, first time if had any work done so its all new to me! Just hope my instinct is right haha.

Tbh i didnt even go anywhere else. These guys were happy to come down check the car over, give what i felt was an honest opinion and then quoted me after they had some time to assess it themselves.

The other places near by have been open longer which is probably why theres more horror stories about but I've spoken to a few of them previously on various occasions and they just came accross wrong. One guy hates anything thats not a high end german car and detests jap motors so thats an instant no go and another did some work for my brother and they were more than happy to rush things which id rather they didnt do.

Cheers, i thought it needed something and i had some ally laying around at work so stopped in after hours and knocked them up.

I've mounted the middle one ontop of the engine mount since there was an M-8 hole in it but im a bit concerned about the movement from the engine causing it to wear through. But for now im going to leave it, ill keep and eye on it and i can always knock up a bracket to mount to the body work if i think its causing any damage.