• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So luckily i didnt fit my reflet rear lights as someone reversed into my car, whilst on my drive, smashed my 96 spec ofr light and left a nice mark on the bumper.

Theyre paying to get it fixed but its still an annoyance being this is the 2nd time its been hit on my own fucking driveway -_-

It was dark and my cars black, not really an excuse, but its done now.

Last time my brother left the handbrake off in a volvo and it rolled into it. Had to winch the back end out against a tree then fit a V bumper!

Not as much damage this time but needs paint.

Had a closer look today, bit more damage than i thought. Light and housing have been pushed in a bit so it sits out of line from the boot, its also creased and split the paint at the corner where the light meets quater panel.

The bumper seems to be pulling in at the arch area so might have been distorted a bit too!

After removing the light looking down under the bumper beneath it you can see all the way through where as on the other side theres something blocking it so might be something properly bent under there as well 😕

Anyway heres some pics

Boot is closed in both these pics. Also note gap between light and quater panel.

20160116_103414.jpg

20160116_103406.jpg

With light removed looking down. Hit side

20160116_103240.jpg

20160116_103246.jpg

20160116_103158.jpg

Clear dent under the bumper...

20160116_103232.jpg

Comparison

20160116_103227.jpg

Bumper sitting down a bit as well

20160116_102732.jpg

Guess ill have to get it up a body shop and get it priced up. Dont want to leave it too long now as the crack in the quarter panel is probably exposing bear metal which will soon start to rust.

It will be getting repaired even if i have to pay for it myself. Quarter panel will need a bit of paint which has annoyed me but I've got a local bodyshop guy coming down to look at it, I've seen his work and its really good but not sure what it will be like on such a metallic paint.

For the time being I've stuck a make shift plaster over the crack in the paint to stop rain and moisture getting in as much as possible.

20160118_174711.jpg

Got a set of speedlines at the powdercoaters too, 1st set will go on my corolla then the set on that will get done, they will then go on this, followed by the sparcos on the car getting done afterwards.

So still ticking things off the list regardless!

Hopefully mate, I've seen some and been impressed but I've seen others and they seem to loose all depth to the paint.

I guess it depends on who does it, hes got front and rear bumpers to do and possibly the side strips so has plenty to practice on before the quarter.

• 2 months later...

Well its booked in for the repair work but unfortunately thats not till august, but I've decided to brush the cobwebs off and make a bit of progress on the few bits that need doing for MOT.

The main thing i did was finally mounted the powersteering pump.

20160408_183828.jpg

20160408_183818.jpg

20160408_183813.jpg

Easily accessible for topping up viewing the level which is good and doesnt look out of place either.

I've got to move the header tank bottle but that can go over the other side easy enough.

I popped to a hydraulics place yesterday to see what they could do and although the cant match the fittings exactly they should be able to do something that works sealing on the front faces of the rack and pump rather than relying on the tapered fittings they currently use. once thats done it needs wiring in which im hoping i can either get it speed variable or have it switchable so i can have it heavy or light or maybe even have a range of settings. Not too sure how it will work yet so only one way to find out!

Also Going to order a universal sports cat to get welded in to replace the rx7 cat thats currently in there which doesnt do anything and then a case of throwing the bumpers on and changing the rear light it will in theory be good for its MOT, Albeit with a scuffed rear bumper and a blue front one.

Theres loads of other stuff to do which im hoping ill get the interest to do once I've driven it again. Kinda hard working on a car you've lost the love for :/

Cheers man :)

Not much of an update, gaskets holding up good is about the only news. Other than that got good shot from snetterton and a couple from a corolla club meet i infiltrated :)

CCC80A55-78F6-4B0F-8B23-AF2E48362563-860

75852525-EB40-4C0D-A60E-7C5B0B838DD4-851

7A44A48D-8D75-4825-B316-BD217BFAD7D1-851

Pics from the meet were taken by sammy off of here with a Gt. so thanks for them :)

Nice to see some old pics of my gt

Yours is my fave SR buddy it's lovely. Will be great to get it back on the road. If you sold it you'd miss it. Sorry hat I haven't had he chance to get my rear bumper off yet

Haha thanks but its nowhere near as clean as yours is, especially now its been driven into... again! Tbh im not sure if they'll help but it certainly wouldn't hurt to have some extra reference.

Was couple months before I brought the car was shock when I saw it while scrolling through the thread epic build mate!

Ahh right, we were fairly evenly matched on track, dont know what it was running then but think it was stripped out.

Appreciate the words bud, hopefully i get things back on track and get the thing out and about again :)