• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love the black SR I've only ever seen one :-D

Cheers :) I've only seen about 3 out and about in 7 or 8 years. Obviously more at shows but they dont count lol

Thats not a skid! Sounds good thou :)

My hub nuts arent torqued up im not going to take it up the road doing burnouts 😂

Plus my handbrake doesnt work so it would just launch me into a speedbump haha

Does annoy me how it sounds like quite a noisey engine in that video lol

• 2 months later...

Finally did some more to this today. Changed the handbrake cables wooo!

Done all 3, which was a absolute mission the single front one was a bitch to get out and back in and all the bolts in the brackets on the cables broke so its just cable tied in place now lol. Also i followed someones guide to setting up the handbrake so if theyre not working now im going to swap back to drums 😂

Also test fitted my wheel spacers on the back.

Current stance

20151004_170102.jpg

With a spacer but not all the way home, maybe another 5mm further in to go.

20151004_170052.jpg

Might get on with some brackets for my horns and PS in the next week or 2. So should have some more progress soon :)

• 2 months later...

What spacers are you using mate? Have you had to swap you studs? I've been on to WMS for a while but think they're really busy and I'm not really getting anywhere. So I think I'll just go for some H&R 5mm with extended nuts.

5mm should be ok to keep the original studs shouldn't they? Just I'm struggling to find a decent set. Keri at WMS said they could sort me a set so I said lets do it and heard nothing. Maybe I'll just email again as they do make quality kit.

• 3 weeks later...

Read this from the start, great build looks very good I must say 😊 Was it hard doing the 4age swap ? Would be looking to do this in the future when insurance goes down a bit. Was there any driveshaft problems, how many custom mounts needed making and how did you work the engine and interior loom ?

Read this from the start, great build looks very good I must say 😊 Was it hard doing the 4age swap ? Would be looking to do this in the future when insurance goes down a bit. Was there any driveshaft problems, how many custom mounts needed making and how did you work the engine and interior loom ?

Cheers man 😊

The 1st 16v swap me and a mate did aged 18 in a glorified shed barely big enough for the car so in the scheme of things not overly as long as you have a head for getting around problems.

Mounts are all custom but nothing a welder and some sheet steel wouldn't fix.

Driveshafts, the driveside is from a corolla gti. Passengers side is custom.

Both hubs were machined out to fit a passat wheel bearing and then press fit the corolla gti stub axles.

Wiring, used the 4age engine loom and spliced it into starlet dash loom and starlet engine bay fuse box.

You can cut both chassis rails rather than just the gearbox one like myself and use starlet shafts.

Cheers man 😊

The 1st 16v swap me and a mate did aged 18 in a glorified shed barely big enough for the car so in the scheme of things not overly as long as you have a head for getting around problems.

Mounts are all custom but nothing a welder and some sheet steel wouldn't fix.

Driveshafts, the driveside is from a corolla gti. Passengers side is custom.

Both hubs were machined out to fit a passat wheel bearing and then press fit the corolla gti stub axles.

Wiring, used the 4age engine loom and spliced it into starlet dash loom and starlet engine bay fuse box.

You can cut both chassis rails rather than just the gearbox one like myself and use starlet shafts.

Quite a full on job then, will definitley be looking at doing it in the future, cheers !