• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha Ive always battled with the exhaust on my car trying to get them lined up and the clamp pulling down evenly, but have recently discovered the male/female ones with the step so once they are together they don't slide. Totally worth the few extra $ they cost.

What you need to do it unbolt the exhaust from the headers, remove the headers, throw all that away then add one of these

112a25u-960.jpg

You can thank me later :)

Then get...

Ecu

Exhaust manifold

Downpipe

Injectors

Intake plenum

Front mount

All pipe work

Boost controller

Forged pistons and conrods

Arp head bolts

heavy duty clutch

Various gauges and extra sensors

Tune.

And anything else i forgot lol

But any freebies will be greatly received 😉

• 1 month later...

Stopped in after work on friday to make a couple of little brackets to mount my header/overflow tank. Still need to shorten the hose and Will have to whip the bumper off to bolt the lower bracket to the chassis rail but you get the idea.

20160618_132948.jpg

20160618_132754.jpg

20160618_132939.jpg

Also ordered a CF skinning kit to wrap the center part of my TRD brace. Hopefully that will come out ok.

Will now have to raid my spare doors for a new door handle though as i think i broke mine opening the door 😕

Finally my mates free in a couple of week to help wire in the PS pump so might be ready for an mot early july! 😃

CF Skinning kit turned up, can see it being a right pain but will watch some how2's on youtube and go from there.

Heres what it contains. Basecoat, Resin, hardener, mixing pots and 1mx30cm Carbon sheet. I measured the section of the brace i want to cover at about 77cm x 17cm so i only get one shot at it!

20160620_200814.jpg

A mate did it on his mk2 golf, did the mirrors and center of a momo steering wheel, they weren't perfect but still looked good for a diy job.

Ill whip the brace off tomorrow, need to spray the ends gun metal first then i can crack on with the wrap.

Well had some pretty mental weather thursday night, got stranded in a village nearby so ditch my corolla and had to wade home through golf courses, foot deep roads, fields and god knows what else ahaha surprisingly it had mostly cleared up by the next day though which is good as my garden was getting to be 5' deep near the bottom! Fortunately i have a big garden and its a slight hill so the cars were fine :)

Anyway back to cars, Popped up to see a guy who does classic car restoration to see about cleaning up my trd brace mounts and the guy had mentioned he had a sodablaster, i fancied having them bare ally again and nitromors just wasn't cutting it so this seemed to make sence.

He ended up leaving me to it so set about cleaning them up, he then mentioned he was havig some stuff sprayed early next week and could have them lacquered so thought fuck it why not, only charging £10 for the soda, airgun and spraying :)

Results are pretty good too!

20160625_152648.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Right where are we, mates not been free yet so Still not wired the P/S pump in, getting to the point i might just do it myself 😂 wont be as neat but i just want to drive the fucking thing.

Goes in for repair/paint beginning of August so not sure if i need to do anything before that. Might swing by the paint shop and findout.

Finally made a start on carbon wrapping my strutbrace. I knew this what going to be a bit of a nightnare but all things considered its came out all right (i think)

20160716_074920.jpg

20160716_074928.jpg

Its not perfect, the weave isnt perfectly straight and stupidly i lent on it whilst trimming some excess 🙈 but This is the 1st clearcoat, this just seals the carbon, I've now got to flat it back to get rid of any high spots and loose strands. Once thats done it gets about 4 coats extra of clear, then needs flatting again then bringing up to a high gloss through various grit papers and some polishing compound supplied

Did think your battery tray was missing. Mines still there and I'm trying to figure a way of mounting the bottle. I've a civic rad in NA with stock intake pipe for ct9 so I can't mount it where it was originally. Just got it floating around near my battery ATM. cheers Paul.

You'd need the mounting bracket and to drill the holes to be able to mount it. I've put a thread up and researched Into it as I'll be going for a civic rad soon. But for all the hassle I might just stick with my NA over flow in the stock position

Edited by Pikey009

I didnt mind mine where it was, its only because of where I've put the mr2 p/s pump i needed to relocate it.

Couple more pics of my brace. Flatted back the 1st layer and resprayed the ends to tidy it up.

20160717_134018.jpg

IMG-20160717-WA0008.jpeg

20160717_135057.jpg

I got some fairly fine sand paper and blended the black onto the brace since the last picture so not quite as sharp as that. Next up is a few clear coats then the final flat and buff up after that. Should see some good results all being well ☺