Haha afraid not, im not made of money!

I did have if fitted before but was on an old setup before upper brace and before the BC's so couldn't warrant it as it was on glanza 14's and some really low tanabes which i couldn't raise up so was easier to just remove it!

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

id love the SR stickers once my beast is built, they look flawless bud

Yeah no problem dude, they are ever so slightly different in the spacing between the red and green is slightly smaller but tbh i think it looks better for it. Once i find out how much it is to send them ill get you a price will be around £35 delivered with paypal,

Just read the full build thread and gotta say pal its very impressive, keep up the good work and keep the updates coming. Also very interested in some sr decals if you can supply them. :thumbsup:

Cheers stevie, its been a long time getting here but its been worth it :)

I've asked the mods about selling decals on here so will find out in a few days if i can sell them on here or not, I've sold the extra set already and he seems happy with them so fingers crossed :)

more parts arrived today :)

got these from ShafzC

9FCAC39C-58E5-4558-BDFF-E8108DDD4920-263

and thought i would see how they looked against my matt black bonnet

3866166C-3755-4311-B04C-0951EDB30A29-263

bit of UKSO love :thumbsup:

623A7E8B-9392-4D1B-AF17-6C68CA692662-163

Also the Fuel tank Idrees sent over a month ago turned up today, which is great, but Shaun sent me a tank as well as Yodel had lost the 1st, so i now have another one on the way :lol:

That just leaves some powder coated wishbones, OMP rep wheel and boss from james @ cj, but think im going to make a start on it all this weekend, be nice to be able to drive the thing without rinsing gallons of fuel out the back!

Edited by morgey

Nothing worse than a leaking tank. Petrols more expensive than a virgins blood now. Least you should have it back up and running for the good weather. Be good to have a good look at your car. Only had a guick look at jae from what I can remember haha

Yeah tell me about it, it normally turns out 30-35mpg last time i filled it up it was only 19mpg... Needless to say i havnt used it much since lol

Im hoping to make the Dave B memorial meet, so maye see you there? be good to meet everyone whilst im sober for a change :p

Well had a half day friday so set about preping the new tank to hopefully make it last!

Started by wire wheeling all the surface rust off the new tank, nothing too bad, leagues better than my old one :lol:

Prepping

DC33BCFC-CFF9-43FF-A93A-69FD10B0D103-715

Hung it up to paint all over it in one go.

8E70945F-AADF-4E23-8A8C-5768B19DEAC5-715

Removed most of the paint and down to bare metal, then applied red oxide to it

422539E7-1D07-459C-810C-3BE6C62A401F-715

Hopefully this should minimise the chance of rust coming back and eating away like the last tank!

After this i gave it a real thick coat of waxoil (forgot to take pictures) especially on the top as this is seems to be the place where the rust sets in the worst, my old tank was completely covered in the top but the bottom half looked fine!

And just incase anyone ever wondered where i was doing this, this is the garage that we did the first engine swap in, my dads now claimed it and filled it with all his crap though!

668676EF-D5A3-44CC-9C1F-F9F80EACF7EE-715

I took the car and tank to a self service garage and changed the tank over, gave the area behind the tank a coat of waxoil as well so now the whole cars got a good covering of the stuff :)

Also fitted the whiteline 24mm FARB, this was pretty straight forward apart from it was mm's away from a lip on the chassis where it comes out of the exhaust tunnel, fairly easy fix. Smacked the lip with a hammer to bend it out the way, applied more waxoil to cover the bare metal and job done!

No gap here!

E626F77F-C7BD-44A2-9B17-D6D000259460-715

Refitted and covered in waxoil where it needed bending a bit, hence the black on the bar :)

AD638AA8-792C-435B-B335-B9569A5E70C9-715

If the weathers good tomorrow im going to set about fitting the headlights and the armrest hopefully :)

Shall post an update when i get them finished :)