Haha yea maybe i missed a few points lol. 20v ftw! Try and source some silvertop internals bud, much stronger than the blacktop internals great if you want to add supercharged or turbo charged power down the line with out costing the earth. Fine unless you go chasing huge power. Aways wish id supercharged my levin :(

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dont worry I've done my research, the late 16v's and the St's use the same rods which is what i have left over from the first engine ;)

Im all about n/a so if i can find a set of bt pistons (or cheap hi comp ones) crank and another head ill get some cams and management and see what she can do with yet another heart :)

Well managed to get the headlights fitted saturday lunchtime and gave her a quick clean! :)

Also just found out my Mot's ran out again, im sure this car has one twice as often as my corolla :/ so gotta get it booked in for a new windscreen soon!

Pictures of the lights

02B1CB4B-6D84-434E-8FCF-6EDDDCA78446-545

D6129F4B-C7CE-4F43-895C-5C95E1C20D99-545

And after a quick clean :)

E1094472-CCB0-469C-A248-310F7EE63A09-545

Edited by morgey

Cheers, not sure on the clear conrners atm, might try my ambers back on and see which i prefer! :/

Yeah will do mate, gotta dog up the fitting guide and have ago at it this weekend if its not snowing. If it is ill be helping my friend put his 4wd swift turbo bak together :p

Mate defo keep the lights like that they look mean!!! It's made me now want to do that to mine....and let me know how you get on with fitting the ignition light, I haven't got the first clue when it comes to electrics and I've got one sat ready to go on! Love the car though man

Mate defo keep the lights like that they look mean!!! It's made me now want to do that to mine....and let me know how you get on with fitting the ignition light, I haven't got the first clue when it comes to electrics and I've got one sat ready to go on! Love the car though man

I ended up selling my ignition light as when i came to fit it on the sr there's a ignition chip that recognises the key and that stopped me fitting it, there were a few ways around it but would have been a huge pain in the ass! as the chip was in the actually barrel surround and it plugged into it not sure if all are like this or not! could have cut the chip out and cable tied it to the barrel and so forth but yeah..,. wiring is easy you need to send the red wire to a live and the black to an earthing point and as for the red wire with silver stripe in it you need to wire that upto either the interior light on door mode or wire it to the switch that is in the door sill that activates when the door is open! :)! Also i noticed when getting mine to power up that you have to make sure that which ever way you use as a switch make sure that is earthed also as on the light only the bulb holder is earthed by the black wire so make sure the switch mechanism is earthed! this is how I got mine to work have pictures to prove :)

3jEK7lM.jpg

Edited by Matts

Cheers Sr rat :) still going to test the ambers tho :p

Thanks for the heads up and the fitting guide matts :)

I think my clifford has got a secondard chip reader though, under my dash theres a key with a wire wrapped around it which i think is for the remote start function so i might not actually need the one around my ignition barrel. Either way ill have a butchers as see what i end up with

Thanks again :)

Right, test fitted my bonnet today, definately heading for the amber corners again. Just looks really odd with the crystals imo.

Anyway heres a couple of pictures!

68526768-3322-4157-92E1-DC65C3B6F6AC-857

81DB4644-79E7-47F9-B6CD-FC455B9460BD-857

52BAF3B5-382E-4AD4-B98A-2E0A40E975CA-857

CA305B40-EFD8-469C-A42E-EB05D700BD4E-857

The vent isnt 100% even but meehh slag bonnet, its to serve a purpose rather than look good :lol:

Opinions welcome people :)

Right, test fitted my bonnet today, definately heading for the amber corners again. Just looks really odd with the crystals imo.

Anyway heres a couple of pictures!

68526768-3322-4157-92E1-DC65C3B6F6AC-857

81DB4644-79E7-47F9-B6CD-FC455B9460BD-857

52BAF3B5-382E-4AD4-B98A-2E0A40E975CA-857

CA305B40-EFD8-469C-A42E-EB05D700BD4E-857

The vent isnt 100% even but meehh slag bonnet, its to serve a purpose rather than look good :lol:

Opinions welcome people :)

Looks good mate looking forward to having a look around this and getting some photos, my dad loves this build as he is always talking about wanting to AGE a starlet also! sendin you a pm right now about something buddy!

Edited by Matts

Cheers dude, I've replied to your pm as well ;)

Yeah can't wait for the summer and shows and stuff, be good to meet some people and show people around it and take some people for a spin etc

Its just a shame the winter brings the worst of the engine bay out unfortunately :(

Cheers dude, I've replied to your pm as well ;)

Yeah can't wait for the summer and shows and stuff, be good to meet some people and show people around it and take some people for a spin etc

Its just a shame the winter brings the worst of the engine bay out unfortunately :(

Same here buddy looking forward to the summer a lot! loads of detailing and meets/shows :) will be good! i like the sound of a spin in this monster! dibs on that i would love to see how it goes!

Yeah me too, im swaping my clears for matts but needed to fit some for the mot so these will do untill the new ones arrive!

And yes but i really cant deside on what i want, Tte isnt deep enough neithers the cupra, laguna has been over done so now im like what next!

Any ideas??

Liversports n/a front lip

Can't say I've ever seen one tbh!

Anyway good news!

MoT passed and the 1.6 passes emissions as well due to the cat :p

Got advisories on rear brakes being crap and binding (no surprise there) and the fronts are slightly unbalanced so think i need to re-bleed them!

But im happy at least :D

Yeah.....are you gona stick with clear side repeaters? I've literally just got some square plates through the post and looking at your front end I'm having doubts about them kinda thinking long plates suit SR's......I'll crack them on and make my mind up at the weekend!

Im not too sure about sides, they're quite small so in not that worried about them, but if someone wants to swap them out I've no issue with doing so.

The main reason i haven't changed my plates is down to the stock bumper having the cut out for the long plate. Well that and i think some square plates make cars look a bit like beavers :lol: