• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah doors and boot probably do but i'm not going extreme. just thinking about making it a bit more lively but keeping it subtle :)

wheels i have, they're around the 4kg's mark.

windows are a possibility.

might consider ditching the electric windows for manual if there was a huge difference but highly unlikely.

@chris I've had it stripped and it is quite bad but for how often im using it atm its deffinately a possibility.

wont ever be a full blown track car, not with me owning it anyway haha

Edited by morgey

@cherry I doubt ill be selling them, good spare track wheels can use them on this or the trueno/levin when I get another one.

@billy haha they would be epic, mad acceleration y0! But like you say I doubt they'd fit over my brakes lol

forgot to say, mum's just bought a 3 door 1.4 in green :D time for some mpg comparison

Edited by Billy SR
  • 1 month later...

What ecu are you running on the blacktop dude? I read somewhere the 5spd ecu vs 6spd does have a few differences and raised rev limit. Can try dig it out if you want

Only just seen this. I'm actually running an auto ecu, I've read that there were differences between manual and auto but not between the 2 manual ecu's.

So Not much has happened as per. Just been sitting really. Been slowly stripping the trueno for parts to sell and have kept this for myself. Not sure on the plug side of things yet as it's from a manual but we shall see.

20140130_192939.jpg

Got the cams to remove from the trueno for this and also the half shaft setup I'm going to attempt to use to try minimise any torque steer and aid traction :)

Edited by morgey

forgot to mention I've got another dyno day on the 8th march at the same place as the previous dyno's so hoping to get the cams in for then and will get the management on after as its the same place that can map it as ill be getting it dyno'd at.

will be hoping to top 176hp 121lbft with the cams and the hopefully top that again with a map!

See if you can get a manual ecu - few more revs and slightly more aggressive midrange (although emanage would sort that).

Is the drivers side shaft two piece aka with hanger bearing? Makes HUGE difference.

cheers shorty.

@ stu. I've heard the auto's respond to mods better though? and so far it would appear true. mine revs out to 8400 now anyway which for a stock motor is plenty imo, i wont be adding to that (if an emanage can?) I've got a 6 speed ecu with wiring to play about with if i need it but ideally i would like to sell it to recoup my losses on the trueno!

and yeah thats the one, bolts to the back of the block. to create 2 equal length shafts. Glad to hear that as thats what i was hoping :)

• 2 weeks later...

ok so been continuing to take my trueno apart over the last week/weekend and was quite surprised to find this...

IMG-20140207-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20140207-WA0011.jpg

exedy hyper carbon single plate clutch kit! i knew it wasn't stock but i wasn't expecting a full on track clutch not considering how easy it was to drive!

however, it did have its issues! the clutch and pressure plate must have been replaced at some point as they are almost new, but the flywheel has got seriously hot. and i mean seriously!

phone022014554.jpg

phone022014553.jpg

phone022014551.jpg

needless to say im going to take it into work and skim it up but im a little concerned about the side of the clutch thats been biting against the flywheel after I've skimmed it. how will it mate up with it etc? dont fancy getting a new plate as they're £330 + shipping and import duty etc!!

on another note got confirmation on the cam specs that i will be fitting. 264 duration and 9mm lift. not overly wild but for free (So to speak) im not going to complain.

phone022014537.jpg

not sure if im going to get them fitted before i go on the dyno but we will see. need to bribe my mate into using his garage haha

Edited by morgey
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok so been working on this over the weekend and evenings.

Firstly swapped out the diff for the oem ae111 lsd put it all back on and forgot to put the release fork back on! So off that came again just to fit that back on :lol:

Opted against using the exedy carbon clutch due to it having heavy scoring on the flywheel. Could skim it at work but the clutch plate is also worn from it so wouldn't fancy having a nice flat surface against a rough one and having biting/juddering issues. And a new plate is circa £330

Secondly came the cams. Relatively straight forward. Checked all the valve clearances before and after and everything's in tolerance which is a bonus. Used my current vvt pulley as it's much lower milage than the 95k one from my ae111 which had a hesitant patch low down which might have been caused by it.

And lastly came the halfshaft from the trueno. Good news is it will fit. Bad news is that the cv joint had a bit of play so want to replace it, tried the joint from my exsisting shaft but it has a different spline count and I'm yet to find anywhere that can supply one, so I might be talking to some friends with friends in Japan about seeing if they can get one!

Toyota can do the half shaft with tripod bearing as well for $505 on toyodiy but fuck paying that for a Cv joint ill just use my old one for now haha

Anyway it's all back together and tomorrow is the test run! :D

Edited by morgey