Pretty sure my engines pooped itself

Hi guys,

Today is not a good day.....

I'll explain,

So the other day I was driving back from work when I came across a row of slow moving vehicles. In my ignorance I thought I'd overtake these cars a piece of cake and be on my merry way. I dropped her down a couple of cogs and gave her some sugar, I got about mid way past the cars when I felt a splutter but I kept my toe in, looked down and saw the engine management light. Little did I know at this point the car had boosted to 2.6 bar! I resorted to driving like a grandma and the very row of cars I had just overtaken, one by one, overtook me.

So I limped her home, checked the fault and it came up with knock sensor so I changed that which solved the engine management problem.

Started the car up took her for a spin still not realising the vac pipe had come off the wastegate, give her some beans and looks at my boost gauage straight away which popped round off the scale. I obviously limped her home again.

I've started her up a few times since and shes lumpy on idle. I purchased a compression tester and it came up as, wait for it....

45psi - 50 psi - 0 psi - 50 psi??

Either I'm retarded, the compression testers dodgey or my engine is seriously fucked???

I've done each cylinder a couple of times and even got third party help from my brother and we get the same results each time!

Anywho, pretty sure my engines knackered. The spec is TF035 @1.1bar mapped on emanage blue. Been running a treat up until the other day and I think the boost pipe popped off whilst I was passing them cars and my boost controller (not currently connected to a solenoid) read a max of 2.6bar!

Also the fault sensor thing confused me?

And is it possible to get such low readings across all 4 and even a 0 on one of the cylinders??

Edited by Haresign

On a compression test isn't there a thing where you put oil (not sure how much) down each spark plug hole (plugs out obviously) (one at a time) and if you get a much higher reading then before your rings are shot? Can anyone confirm this to help him know for sure 👍

Sounds like mine... and the result of that wasn't good :/

mine had 0 compression on 3 and 4 and about 50psi on 1 and 2. very lumpy idle (obviously) and oil/smoke

pistons and rings had melted horrendously on 3 and 4 and started to go on 1 and 2.

That was about a month after a £670 emanage and remap, but I will say no more on that matter =@

Sounds like mine... and the result of that wasn't good :/

mine had 0 compression on 3 and 4 and about 50psi on 1 and 2. very lumpy idle (obviously) and oil/smoke

pistons and rings had melted horrendously on 3 and 4 and started to go on 1 and 2.

That was about a month after a £670 emanage and remap, but I will say no more on that ma

I hear you Charl..... :)

Sorry to hear of the trouble HS

I personally can't see there being an issue bottom end as it was only at 2.6 bar for a matter of seconds so just imagine its ruined the rings and/or piston.

Unless extra boost pressure could cause bottom end failure but I thought that was caused by oil starvation?

I personally can't see there being an issue bottom end as it was only at 2.6 bar for a matter of seconds so just imagine its ruined the rings and/or piston.

Unless extra boost pressure could cause bottom end failure but I thought that was caused by oil starvation?

If you have a cracked piston or ring... Blue SMoke will puff out the dipstick tube when you remove the dipstick... It will be misfiring on that cylinder too..

IE if you remove the HT lead to that cylinder the engine will not change how it runs...