Mot with a different turbo?

There is SO much false info on this its laughable.

This is straight from the MOT book and every car has to follow it does not matter if its an import or not.

20140114_125309_zpswipwnsfx.jpg20140114_125436_zpshivemlmx.jpg20140114_125632_zpsg31wgtyl.jpg

The 4EFTE engine might not be on the system, if its not then the car still has to pass the minimum standards, they are different depending on the year of the car.

Hi guys just wondering how is it people get through a mot once you've changed the turbo due to having a decat? Cheers

What year is your car ? This is possible, my old GT was TD04 with a decat and it was under the emissions, it was a '94 so the emissions are more lenient for this year.

With the new MOT rules on decats a friendly tester is the only option.

Im not aware of this do you mean DPFs ?

No such issues with the Govt operated stations here in NI - with the age of our motors, no CAT is required. And this is straight from the mouth of an MOT tester whilst he was testing my daily as I was doing my homework for putting the EP back on the road. One of the few benefits of the MOT system in NI.

Phil.

It has to have a non cat test yes, but not a full on emissions test.

Have you actually read the flowchart ?

Isn't having no cat on a car that came with cat a automatic fail anyway?

On a diesel yeah.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=w1-sVK-_E4v-UPLMgIgJ&url=https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/346222/emissions_17th_edition.pdf&ved=0CB0QFjAA&usg=AFQjCNFAdLdcjZEMGMf6OjayotcsIYkK5w

It's an automatic fail on petrol now too

As i understand it that is only on petrol cars which require the full emissions test, not a BET.

" On vehicles that qualify for a full cat emissions test, check the presence of the catalytic converter."

This whole thing seems to be the grey-ist of grey areas lol.