★ Project 赤い脈動 EP 九一 ★ 14/06/12 - Interior and Exterior Update! ★

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the support guys :huh:

Sometimes I have to pinch myself that Ive gone this far and am almost there with the car and the engine.

The scary thing is I could have improved on so many things and taken her to different places for work but Im still very pleased with progress so far.

Not long now.

Joz

Thanks for the kind words Lew and Si.

Once she is running and tuned with the itbs Im gonna enjoy her for a while. Its still unchartered territory with this spec and level of mods but I hope I get the results I want, it will all be down to the tune.

Im still doing my homework on the itbs finding out new things each time, its gonna be interesting.

Im really looking forward to what she can do on the track (after the weaning process of course :lol:) as I reckon she has only touched the surface on the road.

There is one important piece of bodywork I want to get sorted also then I guess I will not mod for a while (how many times have I said that before??? :lol:

Its crackers what I've spent on this but its one of my only few vices and I can safely say I look out the window everyday and still smile at something that Ive uniquely built from the ground up.

I also hope the n/a gearbox holds up :lol:

Joz

Nice idea but Im not overly keen on the six speed Rich.

I would want something stronger as they are not reknowned for that, and I have not read much benefit from the one you get in the G6 either.

The thing is I have an NA LSD on its way and it only bolts up to a C150 housing, Im quite keen on a C56 but I dont know if I can reuse my Quaife as the C56 has a different housing with 2 extra bolts to hold the diff.

Joz

Project Red EP91 Update

MOT PassLogo-1.jpg

Fujitsubo Full N/A Exhaust Received

CIMG0546.jpg

Those panels in the background aren't mine lol

CIMG0551.jpg

CIMG0545.jpg

People who say the Fujitsubo Legalis R System looks skinny or not much of an upgrade over stock is talking out their ass.

The pipework is a perfect 2" and is thicker than it looks, this is the exact mandrel bent goodness I wanted for my motor. The Hotshot manifold has a 2.5" collector pipe but Im having it shortened/tapered down to 2" for a near perfect fusion with the exhaust. The workmanship on this system is awesome, so if you see one on the auctions dont hesitate to get it.

I also need to make a custom pipe and have it welded onto the end of my 4-1 Hotshot exhaust manifold so it can be mated to the end of the Fuitsubo, the Fuji came with a pipe that connects to the oem downpipe which I dont have anymore but I didnt fancy hacking at that so I asked my local SS works to sort something, should be ready near the end of next week.

Once I have this pipe for the manifold I can get my bodyshop to test fit the whole exhaust system, if all is well then :)

Waiting for the Quaife LSD to arrive, then I can book my mechanic in to remove the engine and gearbox so I can take the gearbox away for the LSD fitment whilst he rebuilds the engine.

Things are moving more rapidly now and it feels great to have acquired most of the parts I need, I just need to order diff bearings, ds seals, fuel filter and that should be me.

I want to get the 5EFHE up and running first and get it emanage base tuned before I start work on anything else but the car will have the uprated engine, lsd, lightened flywheel and uprated clutch fitted. Once everything is fitted and run in, I can put all my energies towards finishing off the itbs and getting hold of any small parts I need for them, all in all an excellent week!

Joz