Ok lads i'm just fresh up from bed was watching the super bowl last night , what a game!!

any that's not why I'm here,

so i read how this one guy from wales former member here had scammed people on here and on facebook etc, and i was like how the fuck he do that.. then i got thinking he could have done it this way..

this may get confusing lol.. maybe im wrong but just what i was thinking

so lets say I'm selling jam ecu for £300

i get a pm, saying ''hey bud, il buy that first thing in the morning waht's your pay pal''

i reply ''my pay pal is davjones@gmail.com''

then he reply's ok sound can you send the ecu to Amanda Smith, church road, peterborugh,64k84 uk''

i reply ''ok no probs''

first thing in the morning i get the payment in my pay pal and its from Mark Reilly

i post it off tracked etc.. then week later after it is arrived and be signed for i get hit with pay pal dispute, what the hell why is this, you wonder, he put in a dispute cause as he saying didn't get it,..

but he did, he used a different address maybe its his gf or friend etc, now he saying he never got it and Your shipping info is for Amanda not mark, so he can say i don't know who that women is,..

now your fucked.. its not like pay pal are gona say he is who he is on the car forum...

so you lost the ecu and the £300..

if there is any flaws in this let me know, just what i was thinking as to how someone could get away with it..

moral of this story is send the item to the person who paid you by pay pal,

there address should be there on pay pal once they send payment

Edited by Rock-Kick-Ass

I always put return address on things I post, you can leave a additional message for the driver so if it's a female not to sign either way you keep the proof of you sending it and have proof from the driver that someone has signed for it paypal can't argue with that? Then police is the next stage I guess, if the address is near or have any links to the person who has bought it you could put up a strong fight, it would be a waste of time for the buyer but you have to have proof of postage and send it to paypal in a good time frame I would imagine.

I get what your saying here and it's bloody sly, seems if anyone says to paypal I didn't receive my item surely there not like ok we believe you and get the money back? If someone has signed for that item, at whatever address its up to the courier you use to track it back down or even the police get involved and they go round there? Surely paypal don't take the money back off you just like that? Sorry if I sound dumb but touch wood never been in this situation but I would like feedback on how people get around this with what you just said mate 👍

im not usre if pay pal will take it off ya strait away but im sure they will as questions...

like the guy in question who is now banned , he scammed alot of people from what i was told and im thinking how.. seen that he sent them money on pay pal to get parts then get refunded by them

its obvious then that if this guy kept doing it that the cops were prob not involved..

Edited by Rock-Kick-Ass

From what i seen and heard too he was using his girlfriend paypal and wanted a bank transfer before he gave out paypal details so you can see he been very sneaky

Plus the amount of people who wanted his blood on facebook and you could see where he liives in uk and if you did enough research you could find the exact town/village where he lives and go and find him after a while but for all the talk i dont think no 1 went after him never mind the cops

ok rock now you got me paranoid to !!!!

just send to the adress on the paying paypall account so no isseus arrise

thats what im gona do for now on, well i mean the guy who wanted them was new only joined 3 weeks ago,

il be more ok with proper long members on here ya know, and of course people who have bought stuff from me in the past..

Only send to the verified PayPal address on the payment. It's the only way to be safe.

If the buyer disagreed then refund the payment and ask him to send it again with the preferred address on the payment shipping address.

Only send to the verified PayPal address on the payment. It's the only way to be safe.

If the buyer disagreed then refund the payment and ask him to send it again with the preferred address on the payment shipping address.

staff should make it a new for sale/buy rule use paypal and use the address given on it that would be 1 step closer to not being scammed

If that has happened to you, then screen shot all the messages and send them to paypal in the dispute. Explain he has already been banned on the forum and is using a different name. If it really is him again and he's ripping people off then you should probably get the police involved.

As per addzz comment but it's really disgusting how much scamming is about now and how complicated it's becoming.

It'd be a huge shame for the admin staff to be forced to shut down the for sale side of things as it saves sellers a huge amount in ebay fees and is a very easy and fast way of buying and selling niche parts.

There's a select few on here I'd truly trust sending money to. I mentioned to socks and something I've always been warey of is breakers. I've seen it time and time again... they think they won't be on forums any more and don't bother sending or are hugely dishonest - the funny part is they usually arrive a few months later apologetic or acting as though nothing took place.

I don't currently own a starlet but every time I've sold up and put bits on here (3 times) I've always been honest and sent the parts swiftly. I don't understand how people can sell parts knowingly faulty or not even send at all.

Look at the community that has evolved of the starlet scene it used to be semi matured decent guys now it's full of teens living off mummies titties still abusing these cars and the community.

Edited by TurboTobz

As per addzz comment but it's really disgusting how much scamming is about now and how complicated it's becoming.

It'd be a huge shame for the admin staff to be forced to shut down the for sale side of things as it saves sellers a huge amount in ebay fees and is a very easy and fast way of buying and selling niche parts.

There's a select few on here I'd truly trust sending money to. I mentioned to socks and something I've always been warey of is breakers. I've seen it time and time again... they think they won't be on forums any more and don't bother sending or are hugely dishonest - the funny part is they usually arrive a few months later apologetic or acting as though nothing took place.

I don't currently own a starlet but every time I've sold up and put bits on here (3 times) I've always been honest and sent the parts swiftly. I don't understand how people can sell parts knowingly faulty or not even send at all.

Look at the community that has evolved of the starlet scene it used to be semi matured decent guys now it's full of teens living off mummies titties still abusing these cars and the community.

It's not related to the forum, the whole scene is the same. Ebay, facebook etc. I think the whole car modifying scene is dying because of idiots.

Also I feel we all just focus on the negatives recently. I seem to be having an argument every other day with someone about something completely stupid when we should be having a laugh instead.

Everyone seems full of anger and hate lol!

I'm gonna go post something funny and cheer everyone up for a change haha.

No certainly not the forum - blaming the forum for it would be naive. I think the popularity and availability of 4efte equipped vehicles means that just about anyone can get one relatovely easy now. Where as 'back in the day' they were ultra rare you'd see another then be chasing eachother to pull over for a chat. Prices were massive parts were all mainly from japland. It's the evolution I guess hopefully one that'll be phased out when vxrs etc becone dirt cheap lol.

No certainly not the forum - blaming the forum for it would be naive. I think the popularity and availability of 4efte equipped vehicles means that just about anyone can get one relatovely easy now. Where as 'back in the day' they were ultra rare you'd see another then be chasing eachother to pull over for a chat. Prices were massive parts were all mainly from japland. It's the evolution I guess hopefully one that'll be phased out when vxrs etc becone dirt cheap lol.

Lmao aren't vxrs already in a bad position?? I see what you mean though. Eventually it will go back like that before they all die out I guess. Maybe then we can get a vxr because it's hard to come by lol!