Wideband reading 18 off boost

Hi guys. Only just finished my forged build and took the car out for its first run. On idle it sits around 12 afr on the wideband but i took it for a short run around the block and it went straight up to 18 at about 10 mph.

Im running emanage ecu which was mapped to my tf035 before the rebuild. Ive got a fresh forged engine in there with the same turbo. Thought it should be fine on fueling under normal driving before i get it mapped again

Anyone got any ideas why it goes lean so fast?

mine goes to 16.5/16.9 at times guys.always has done.when driving and cruising under barely any load it will go from 14.7 as far as 16 .

the reason is a lean mix mixture under bearly any loads isnt a problem for the engine.

all I know id that under wot with boost shud be hitting 11.0 to 11.5

and 11.0 to 11.5 on cold start also

If its fine at WOT then alls good.

Most modern cars have a lean burn map at low throttle % also whilst coasting in gear and for cruising about an shit like that.

Edited by daniel_g

mine were all other the place, would go from 12 all the way up to 18 and all other the place. But on boost yeh it was fine. It never did it before so in my case there is obviously an issue

Personally wouldn't be happy just ignoring it. Whether its gonna cause damage or not it is not right

Edited by Ollieh17

to much fuel seems like a reason for nitrous!

but yea on a serious note mine maxs out the gauge on over run and bangs flames out the side. under boost all goes to normal. been like that for over a year now since i had it mapped on the gt28 and i give it absolute death every chance managed to kill 3 tanks of fuel on saturday alone. i wouldnt worrie to much just avoid over run and idling the engine and get it mapped asap

Edited by _shaun_

Are you sure your exhaust is not leaking and letting fresh air to the sensor? Stock lambda working properly? You can see 16-> AFR on overrun, but shouldn't be over 15 under load in any case.

See what its like after you get your map tweaked and fueling checked.

Widebands tend to make everyone worry haha.

After reading these I don't think I want to buy one lol it makes no sense to me basically why go for a map get it all set up to run and control then buy one of these to not put it where it's meant to go and worry about it not to mention drilling into the exhaust which does no favours, is it really worth it? If it's safely mapped why buy one...

I had one in my old GT, but that wasnt mapped, was only a Mines ECU.

They are good for peace of mind i suppose.

But they do show what it seems to be some mad figures at times.

Its mostly the reading on WOT that mattrers imo.

Plus the standard o2 narrowband sensor is as basic as it gets.

In the ideal world youd have a standalone with a vast array of sensors to keep an eyr on things and give proper readings to the ECU.