Hey, Thought id best start another one of these 8)

My name is Ian and a few of you will remember i was on the forum years ago when i had my first Glanza. I sold that so i could fund another project but to be honest i still missed my old V. Soooo needed a new daily and decided it was time to come back to the starlet scene. Ive managed to pick up a tatty looking Glanza. Its all superficial stuff however and nothing i cant put right. She is spotless underneath, nice and straight with no sign of accident damage, mechanically spot on and also has a few nice bits on her :) My plans are to get her running as sweet as possible with good usable power. Im also going to restore her back to a thing of beauty in hopefully near showroom condition. It wont happen over night but by the end of it i should have a car to be proud of.

For those of you that are interested this was my old Vee - http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/45698-toshs-glanza-v/

And a few pics of its successor-

20150429_162445_zpsuyinl4xj_edit_1430325

20150429_162506_zpspnzbjhwb_edit_1430326

20150429_162527_zpsrytpaeqy_edit_1430326

b970e8e5-5237-4913-8c4b-25faed454c6c_zps

d7e785dc-2c86-4f94-81aa-8f5578c32d84_zps

bcd2ad69-ed6e-4db3-b73e-a9d9b295f66a_zps

815a7086-57e0-4586-8c09-01ef758610ba_zps

d261b6b2-e261-4bc9-ad8e-813fbfbce723_zps

And her Spec is as follows-

-Fresh rebuilt standard 4efte

-Still running stock engine management

-Ct9 turbo

-Zisco Externally gated ramhorn Manifold

-TurboSmart 38mm wastegate

-Stock Suspension with lowered Springs

-Rota Grid Drifts

-One piece Custom Exhaust

-Zisco Decat

-HDI FMIC

-Brand new OEM Headlights and clear indicator lenses

-Uprated Magnecore ignition leads

-Walbro Fuel pump

-Rear OEM Strut bar

-Carbon Kevlar Corbeau Pro-series Bucket seat

-Carbon Kevlar Corbeau revolution Bucket seat

-2x Genuine 4 point Takata harnesses

-Stripped out interiour

-OEM front optional lip

-Cruise wide front fenders

-OMP Snap Off Stearing wheel

-Exedy Paddle Clutch

-Shitty BOV

-Trd short Shifter

First step is to get her running sweetly(leaking oil from somewhere) and make the most out of her current setup. Im going to strip and repaint the interior. Carbon Kevlar seats will be coming out (if anyone's interested give me a shout) and putting the full Glanza interior back in. I need to get her rolling on wheels that actually fit as the grid drifts are scraping like HELL! :bad:

Once thats done i will then be looking at the body work. Plan on getting an OEM rear lip and ducktail for the back, maybe a 98 spec front (not yet decided) 98 spec rear lights, a few wee finishing touches and then a full respray in original colour :thumbsup:

Hope you all approve :give_rose: and bring on the updates!!!! 8)

cheers :D

Edited by ianmcintoshi
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small Update

Been shopping for some bits over the last couple of days :) Managed to pic up the following:

-Brand new set of Rota Track R 15x7 ET40 so a nice simple fit for a Starlet...NO RUBBING lol

-New Blue D1 Spec Wheels nuts (for the new shiney wheels)

-Carbon scoop for the bonnet (why not)

-Racespec rocker cover with An fittings and braided lines (think the existing cover may be the cause of the oil leek)

-Alloy catch can with An fitting (kind of a must with the racespec cover)

-Jam Plug in and play ecu (For Performance :) the car has enough mods to warrant some increased engine management capabilities, will get an electronic boost controller soon and probably run her at 0.9 bar)

- HKS Bov (its goes pttshhh)

More pics to follow as parts arrive-

2015-05-02%2018.54.44_zpseyuemty4.jpg

20150415_101008_zpshlgdvgpb.jpg

jam%20ecu_zps9v9emijg.jpg

cheeers :)

Edited by ianmcintoshi

Looking smart I woulda been all over those seats if they were a matching pair! Can't stand miss matched seats does my head In ha!

Cheers mate :) Yeah i know what you mean. The seats are awesome! lightweight and comfy too for buckets... but the car isnt a race car so they are defo going.

Who's is that GORGEOUS RX7!

I find it amazing that there is something about these cars that gets people coming back, time and time again!

Why is that?

MINE!!! :p:D:thumbsup:

Thanks mate, and as to why im back im not sure haha :crazy:

I loved my old glanza as they are just such good fun! so when i was looking for a wee car for a daily, it was an obvious choice :D

That rx7 is a thing of beauty the seats look pretty maad too

Thanks mate :)

Nice set up !

cheers dude :):thumbsup:

They always come back ;)

:p indeed... had a look at your own car mate since coming back. It was an animal when i was on before... now =@ it is going to be insane lol

I wondered how long it would be till i saw this on here. A mate of mine was looking at buying it and kept umming and arrring even though i told him repeatedly to just go for it lol. Smart car mate look forward to the updates.

Small Update

Not much of an update but thought i would share anyways. Had a day off today so i got the new Rota's wrapped in T1R's and got them fitted. They are not as nice to look at but are sooooo much more functional than the Grids... I can actually go round corners now! :p

Also my oil catch can arrived :)

Pics:

c8978343-6818-4af5-82a3-824fbdaee081_zps

and the catch can:

2015-05-06%2014.44.56_zpsfnhfm5ec.jpg

I also decided get stuck in to the interior. Haven't decide yet if im going to run with rear seats or keep the back stripped. Either way i wanted it tidied up. So i removed the oem rear strut and gave it a lick of blue paint to freshen it up a bit. I then started on the cabin. Steam cleaned of much of it is i could to try get 18 years of grime loose. Once it was as clean as i was going to get, i got a few coats of white down. Anyways on with the pics! 8)

BEFORE:

20150506_140338_zpskqwdv0gi.jpg

20150506_140332_zps6ngwtftl.jpg

AFTER:

f777a590-c4a4-4283-8438-88a23a995af3_zps

2ee23eed-7f98-4c9e-9010-0c8608d1a500_zps

Hope you like :)8) :thumbsup: :D

Very nice, looks a lot cleaner is that boot a hand painted job or spray painted, looks better & are you going for white colour all over, them new wheels suit the car very much, I'm not a fan of big fat wheels on a glanza v, they look stupid.

Good progress bud! That wheels actually look smart on her

John

Cheers mate, like i said they wouldnt be my first choice but suit the car much better.

That's looking so much better !

James

Cheers :)

Very nice, looks a lot cleaner is that boot a hand painted job or spray painted, looks better & are you going for white colour all over, them new wheels suit the car very much, I'm not a fan of big fat wheels on a glanza v, they look stupid.

Cheers mate :) im keeping the car Silver but im toying with the idea of a black and white interiour.... not sure if it will look wank or not :crazy:

Edited by ianmcintoshi

Update

Finally got around to fitting my Jam ECU... was fairly impressed with the improvement even at standard boost. Im looking forward to maybe trying this on a new turbo soon! 8)

And my race- spec rocker cover arrived a few days ago but it needed painted. Had a day off so got it sanded back and sprayed in smooth gold :) Connected up the Catch can it it looks great! :)

e4a2eed4-2ac1-4a56-a7c0-6611f89f3acb_zps

3820a125-2b76-440a-8fb4-b1aba531c8fb_zps

Also my carbon scoop arrived so got that fitted just to smarten up the front end a bit :thumbsup:

2015-05-08%2023.15.52_zpsqgxt4qph.jpg

bd7c67ae-e41c-4086-a3f8-cb2c3b5e069f_zps

9b6063bf-b014-4fbe-b4bd-baf235ca7268_zps

Still loads more to come but slowly getting there 8) :thumbsup: :)

Cheers :p

Looks sweet man, will hopefully see it kicking about soon! :)

Soon enough im sure mate, couple more bits and bobs need done first then ill be fleeing around in a starbo again! For now i will just need to put up with the rex!

6a6e1a15-7ea8-403b-8190-cfe290237b22_zps