Seriously debating breaking my glanza before it's even ready :( what do I do....

As above I am seriously considering breaking my V I have just lost all interest it's been of the road for over 5 months now I bought it as auto with suspected bottom end knock.. Carried out a full manual conversion dropped a TMD forged lump in there cusco dif etc built it up from nothing and now I just don't no where to go with it :( my heart says keep it get it in for mot and enjoy it just with the bills amounting up I could break this as well as my savings I have could buy something pretty serious :/ really struggling lol it's getting to the point where I'm losing sleep over this pissing glanza haha very stressful cars!!

Five months is a quick turnaround for the work you've done. It would be a shame to not drive it after all this hardwork. That would be a real waste of your time and money.

I've been the same, had my car for 8 months and I've driven it 20 miles approx. It's been nothing but problems. But I've spent too much time on it to give in. Money is bollox at the end of the day. What's important is your time. There is only a limited amount of that, and you need to make the most of it. If you've spent 5 months making an animal of a car that you knows for a fact you're going to get the most out of, then make sure you do.

When all is said and done, that car doesn't have to have any more money chucked at it. Let the bank balance sort itself out and finish it off at a later date. The end result will be worth it. So many people go down this rabbit hole, and I think you'll struggle to find someone that says it wasn't worth it!

Best of luck mate

if its getting you into debt and your not enjoying it then having it on the road a while may make you feel better but after a while you will want to break it for parts again, been there done it, tried to enjoy it again but just dont happen, for the cost of money you get breaking a glanza as you have already said theres alot more that you could buy to replace it

if its getting you into debt and your not enjoying it then having it on the road a while may make you feel better but after a while you will want to break it for parts again, been there done it, tried to enjoy it again but just dont happen, for the cost of money you get breaking a glanza as you have already said theres alot more that you could buy to replace it

no mate isn't getting me in any debt lol just its a major money Pitt!! my list of mods which I want is endless just thinking with the money I've spent & am about to spend I could of got myself something much quicker/ more reliable

Heads battered with the thing lol.. Always wanted to build a well spec'd starlet now I have I'm seriously regretting it lol simple fact being I haven't driven it yet I'm just hoping it goes through its mot with flying colors if that's the case then I'm hoping it will open a few doors for me & I'll hopefully fall back in love. I haven't even driven this glanza been using my ep3 for my daily so I have completely forgotten what they are like to drive..... Only time will tell its booked in for mot tomorrow fingers crossed!!

You know what I think already mate... Keep it, finish it. There will be no better feeling than driving it after its done.

I no matey I'm hoping to get the bug back soon once it bites it bites hard just at the minute I'm hating the thing lol

Heads battered with the thing lol.. Always wanted to build a well spec'd starlet now I have I'm seriously regretting it lol simple fact being I haven't driven it yet I'm just hoping it goes through its mot with flying colors if that's the case then I'm hoping it will open a few doors for me & I'll hopefully fall back in love. I haven't even driven this glanza been using my ep3 for my daily so I have completely forgotten what they are like to drive..... Only time will tell its booked in for mot tomorrow fingers crossed!!

Oh mate...as soon as you drive it you'll know why you wanted a custom Starlet.

My brother drove me to get my Starlet in his EP3. He test drove my Starlet and within the next month we took a flight to Ireland to pick himself up a Starlet and sold his beloved EP3 and never looked back lol.

He loved his Civic as well, but as soon as he got into the retro EP82 he just fell in love with the whistles, boost and classiv vibe.

Haha I've had good few starlets before mate I had a glanza before this ep3 just I've forgotten what they are like to drive now :( cars booked in for mot tomorrow praying it passes it's mot !! Hopefully I'll change my mind after my first boosting session in the V

Mate keep it I not drivin mine for over 2 years and currently still rebuilding it I

Spent 20 k plus that including buying the car 8 years ago and I been in your

Shoes many a time

But yes there are other quick cars but there nothing like

Boosting past someone in a bigger engine car and then having the great pleasure of saying it a 1.3 :p keep at it buddy

Best thing I did was break my Starlet and sell all the bits, bank balance has kept me very happy indeed.

As good as Starlets are, ploughing money into a car that's at least 16 years old and knowing how much you've put into it is disgusting lol.

I agree with Adam I broke mine and got a sports bike for a bit of fun the amount of money I piled into mine was ridiculous prob not as much as others but still a stupid amount of money I love ep,s as much as the next person but I always find they are never done and you always want to buy more or change sumthing was never 100% happy got my bike now new set of golf clubs lol and a fair bit of savings for the first time in about ten years all thanks to no starlet lol

I agree with Adam I broke mine and got a sports bike for a bit of fun the amount of money I piled into mine was ridiculous prob not as much as others but still a stupid amount of money I love ep,s as much as the next person but I always find they are never done and you always want to buy more or change sumthing was never 100% happy got my bike now new set of golf clubs lol and a fair bit of savings for the first time in about ten years all thanks to no starlet lol

haha love this!!!!

I'm kinda in the same boat as you mate. My car has been off the road over two years now in a garage 80 miles away I know what ya mean about the stress of it. I'm in two minds about mine as well weather to break it or not I got to see it the other day and the fella that has it is after doing a bit of work on it so I'm kinda excited again I think you should stick with it there a fun car and its funny when you piss all over faster cars

Ty, you were looking so pumped up to get your V sorted and get it driven when we were speaking to you at the TD rolling road day!! Don't get rid, you'll regret it. Sure, you spent a fair bit on it, but you spent that amount to gain enjoyment out of it. What would the point be in getting rid of it before you have a chance to see your hard work and money put to the use that it was intended?

Well it's official the car is getting broken :) it's passed its mot with flying colours absolutely loved boosting been out in it none stop since last night just the car isn't for me I need comfort and reliability so onwards and upwards still staying with boost just going down the diesel route ;)

Edited by BoostAddictt

It's a lovely car just the old interior and its old looks just ain't doing it for me anymore lost all love car puts a huge smile on my face just I need something bigger and safer even lol.. 335d ;) always have a place in my heart for starlets just I need comfort test driven a 335d earlier absolutely fell in love

Engine as already prov sold as well as coilovers turbo kit LSD etc :(