Lovely looking car dude, and great power for the boost!

What's the serial code on your TF035 out of interest, would you mind checking please?

And what ECU are you running?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha I would do but girlfriend has joint problems so that would be abit rude 😂 Right I see is that the springs that have come on the coilovers? Really interested to know what they're like. How much where they all in by the way buddy out of interest? 😊

Ah that's fair then buddy! I've gone for the 5kg front and 4kg rears, same Spring rate as miesters. £700 all in, ordered mine from ID-works but tuning developments sell them too.

Ah that's fair then buddy! I've gone for the 5kg front and 4kg rears, same Spring rate as miesters. £700 all in, ordered mine from ID-works but tuning developments sell them too.

Ah I see mate well for the money I guess it's a toss up between which is built better. I've always had my eyes on the meisters but there roughly the same price so I think I might look into the bc's. Stunning build mate by the way really interested in this tf035 route aswell seems like a good middle ground between ct9 and td04l. Keep up the good work buddy the cars stunning 😊

Lovely looking car dude, and great power for the boost!

What's the serial code on your TF035 out of interest, would you mind checking please?

And what ECU are you running?

Cheers mate! The serial code has been taken off the turbo, not too sure why haha. Just running EMU.

Ah I see mate well for the money I guess it's a toss up between which is built better. I've always had my eyes on the meisters but there roughly the same price so I think I might look into the bc's. Stunning build mate by the way really interested in this tf035 route aswell seems like a good middle ground between ct9 and td04l. Keep up the good work buddy the cars stunning 😊

To be honest I'd planned on going for the miesters but they were out of stock for a few months so went for the BC's. Hopefully the car will be more of a toy in 2/3 years so the BC's being slightly stiffer may come in useful! I can't recommend the TF enough to be honest. All the TD04 boys might get on my back but I think it's the best suited turbo for stock internals. It'll push to 230bhp at 1bar I'd expect so on the edge of the stock engine potential with less lag than the TD04

Edited by ReeceGolliker

To be honest I'd planned on going for the miesters but they were out of stock for a few months so went for the BC's. Hopefully the car will be more of a toy in 2/3 years so the BC's being slightly stiffer may come in useful! I can't recommend the TF enough to be honest. All the TD04 boys might get on my back but I think it's the best suited turbo for stock internals. It'll push to 230bhp at 1bar I'd expect so on the edge of the stock engine potential with less lag than the TD04

Ah I see mate can't believe they were out of stock for so long that's mental! 😂 But like you say it may come in handy in a few years time. I'm definitely interested in the tf035 where was it you got yours from? I don't plan on going forged for a while either so seems perfect if it's suited for stock internals and minimal lag is always a bonus! 😄 Where is it you live mate? Where you at japfest by any chance or do you plan on going next year? Would be nice to see the car and the TF see what it feels like 😊

Ah I see mate can't believe they were out of stock for so long that's mental! 😂 But like you say it may come in handy in a few years time. I'm definitely interested in the tf035 where was it you got yours from? I don't plan on going forged for a while either so seems perfect if it's suited for stock internals and minimal lag is always a bonus! 😄 Where is it you live mate? Where you at japfest by any chance or do you plan on going next year? Would be nice to see the car and the TF see what it feels like 😊

That's the thing, if your not planning on going forged anytime soon the TF is perfect, then swap it for a bigger TD series turbo when going forged! I was at japfest this year, always seems to be in the middle of my exams 😂 I'm in Lincolnshire mate! Yeah it'd be nice to get a little starlet meet set up. Yours looks super clean mate 👌

That's the thing, if your not planning on going forged anytime soon the TF is perfect, then swap it for a bigger TD series turbo when going forged! I was at japfest this year, always seems to be in the middle of my exams I'm in Lincolnshire mate! Yeah it'd be nice to get a little starlet meet set up. Yours looks super clean mate

Yeah exactly thats what I'm thinking mate. Seems the only way to get fun out of the TD turbos is to be forged. Ah i see i probably have photos of your car on my laptop tbh haha. Well maybe sometime soon we can do some sort of starlet meet it needs to happen feels as though not much happens with this club anymore compared to a couple of years ago. Thanks very much buddy I'm trying to do it right don't want to do the usual and rip the interior to shreds I want to do it tastefully. I can see you're sort of going the same route. Not sure how far lincolnshire is buddy but maybe even a meet half way for a cruise and to chat starlet shit would be good!

Yeah exactly thats what I'm thinking mate. Seems the only way to get fun out of the TD turbos is to be forged. Ah i see i probably have photos of your car on my laptop tbh haha. Well maybe sometime soon we can do some sort of starlet meet it needs to happen feels as though not much happens with this club anymore compared to a couple of years ago. Thanks very much buddy I'm trying to do it right don't want to do the usual and rip the interior to shreds I want to do it tastefully. I can see you're sort of going the same route. Not sure how far lincolnshire is buddy but maybe even a meet half way for a cruise and to chat starlet shit would be good!

I could have gone for a bottom mount turbo kit to further reduce lag but top mount setups look the best haha! That's the way to do it mate, mines still got the interior it's just false floored instead of the rear seats. Send me over a PM mate, sure we could get something organised

I could have gone for a bottom mount turbo kit to further reduce lag but top mount setups look the best haha! That's the way to do it mate, mines still got the interior it's just false floored instead of the rear seats. Send me over a PM mate, sure we could get something organised

Awesome buddy definitely will do once i find out what my time off is like! It looks sick as hell man with the top mount. Is it much more expensive for the top mount from sacha? Just wondering how much roughly all in the TF is over the TD.

Thanks! Was wondering because compressor side looks bigger than mine but I might just be imagining it!

Getting mine mapped shortly, seen various figures being reported so was wondering if you had the smallest TF variation like I do. Idrees ran 252 at 1.2bar but I'm thinking he might have one of the larger TF035s. Bussey ran 238 at 1.4

Ah fair enough! Yeah I've seen other people's results, idrees proved that you just don't need a TD04 on stock internals haha! I think it makes pretty good power considering I'm running less boost than everyone else haha. You'll have to let me know what yours makes

Also if anyone has any advice on geometry set ups could you let me know, don't know a massive amount on alignment setups, dampening and tyre pressure so any help appreciated! Currently just got BC's and that's all really, no panhard rod or anything yet

Edited by ReeceGolliker

Will do, need to update my thread badly ha

Geometry wise, -2 camber and neutral toe works a charm. I've run various camber/toe settings and this is what feels best to help turn in, reduce understeer and have good tyre wear rate

Oh and a RARB/panhard rod helps a lot

• 2 weeks later...

So as some of you may know I've been putting this back to stock, and the car is really starting to piss me off! (Not driven it in over 3 weeks and somehow have a 30cm crack in the windscreen!?)

So I decided to get something little and fun around some back roads. The obvious choice with not wanting to spend too much as I'm going into my last year and uni and could do with the extra money, is an mx5. Very nice one popped up on here from RichGlanzaV and it's now in my possession ???????? really happy with it so far, obviously lots slower in a straight line than the glanza but that's not what this is about! The glanza is still with me, slowly putting it back to stock and then deciding what to do with it but I'll probably end up selling it with enjoying this so much

post-12691-0-70630400-1471714252_thumb.j

post-12691-0-54420500-1471714266_thumb.j

Edited by ReeceGolliker