• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the new drivers seat frame welded and fitted today, got to say that the lower position is amazing! I can now actually fit inside the car and driving position is loads better. Next up, big brake kit....

No big updates this weekend as I was with family but my ashtray for the cupholders arrived... Came with a lovely free gift! I can't actually believe it was sent like this. Going to take quite a bit of cleaning I think.

B123E1A6-95EA-41BD-9606-978510D99240.jpg

And also finally got hold of a working clock- it's been bugging me for ages so really happy it's sorted. Had to use my original plastic surround though as the 'new' one looked like the guy had removed it with his teeth. Was only £6 though.

FA51F7C1-439A-4B95-87A1-754B7803CF14.jpg

Fitted the cup holders tonight while spraying the seat frames up. Also fitted a new rear number plate so decided to clean the boot while I was at it and this turned into a full on clean and polish as usual

2CDB4812-66AF-4045-8A31-50A77CC3A0F6.jpg

7F0CB3AB-CA15-448A-8B09-5759DFF03761.jpg

DFAEFCFD-4C4B-4C20-8677-3240326D60B8.jpg

And the levin twin pots along with braided lines. Some will call it over kill but I call it being able to stop. They need a clean up but are pretty good. Was wondering what colour to do them- black to be stealthy or silver?

D28C0EB4-6989-4797-A315-5E2FB9423E84.jpg

And the whiteline rear anti roll bar. I'll probably re paint it black but other than the blue it's brand new. That's my spending done for a while now though as I'm now officially skint and want to save for the paint work next.

49E8BE53-1433-4852-A11D-711C8A8EDA25.jpg

Edited by Pikey009

I've got pretty angry in the past about recieving shite things like that but getting angry isn't healthy lol. it was that bad i just laughed my head off that they'd actually send it like that. Gave them crap feedback and didn't even email them though as they should know why.

Cheers mate hopefully they fit without any issues and stop nicely

Edited by Pikey009

Did that some time last year, the old brakes were literally falling apart lol.

Luckily the levin discs bolt straight up on the corolla so no spacers or spigots needed, but if you wanted the same you could use celica st202 cariers with astra discs skimmed to 275mm with a spoigot ring to locate the disc and away you went.

I had these laying around from when i binned my trueno just needed the carriers which i got for £20 from a scrappy.

Just been reading this thread from page 1, firstly I have to say wow, your attention to detail is awesome and much like myself, I too have a starlet SR with loads of the same spec, will get some pictures up for you at some stage, but I will have to pick your brains where you get some the parts from, I know where you can get the usual bits from ID Workz and such but there is certain things that I just cannot get my head round how you found.

My SR's spec is as follows:

- All TTE extras such as remus back box, spoiler etc.

- Apex lowering springs 35mm

- ST205 callipers with drilled and grooved disks.

- Glanza Turbo Interior.

- 5x Speedline alloys in black.

- Glanza Strut Brace

- Corolla Intake Manifold

- K&N Panel Filter

- Tints on all rear windows.

- HID Conversion.

- Unfortunately high mileage at 130,000 but she is still going strong and pulls hard.

I will have to put up a thread with mine in all it's glory, but I just wanted to post on here and say that you have an amazing example mate and will have to get the opportunity to see it at some stage down the line

P.S. very jealous of those fog lights....

Cheers Morgey I hope so too as my brakes are non existent at the moment!

Carmenfal: thanks for the awesome comments mate. Which bits do you mean with regards to them being hard to come by? Yeh defo get a thread up mate i love SR's through and through. I can't explain why though and I probably look daft in mine but I don't care ha ha. Mileage isn't everything mate and if the car is in good condition it really doesn't matter I don't think. I didn't like the dogs at first but they've really grown on me.

Just fitted the k&n panel filter tonight but haven't had a chance to drive the car since as I've re carpet cleaned the seats and floor carpet after all the work on the seat frames so it's drying at work over night. It's a shame you can't tell the seats have been modified because so much time and effort went into them.

After seeing motions red needles on his build thread i quite like them in red so decided to do mine. If you've never removed the needles then using a teaspoon each side to leaver them off works quite well :) I then used wet and dry to get rid of the orange paint, masked up the needle and carefully repainted them red. I used the Mazda paint as pictured- took a bit of a punt at the colour but it's perfect. Will get them fitted tomorrow when they're dry

FF7EBA53-EA05-4CB2-A3B2-0FCF429B7E4E.jpg

7A9654D0-68FE-4393-82B3-D79E1D35D1F4.jpg