Proud owner of Hybrid TDO4 99 Glanza

Just bought this today and all I can say we've already had a funny journey on the way home. Front 2 tyres were bald so I was sliding on the motorway so had to get them done on the way home which was 150 miles! But other than, new oil seals for the turbo next, and 2 cv boots then that's it. Couldnt ask anymore at 19!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should try an insure it correctly just for your own well bring and not being screwed over by a company.

I'm 20 and I have a 96 glanza v insured correctly and it cost my slightly over £1400.

That might be expensive for some of you older chaps but at a young age I thought it was pretty good.

The only issue I have is constantly being pulled over by traffic police because i am a ypung driver in a glanza so they can "run checks" I think they are looking for if it is insured as just a non turbo starlet.

Been pulled 3 times in the past 2 months and every time they let me go.

The only issue I have is constantly being pulled over by traffic police because i am a ypung driver in a glanza so they can "run checks" I think they are looking for if it is insured as just a non turbo starlet.

Been pulled 3 times in the past 2 months and every time they let me go.

That is a very very good advice right there this guys got his head screwed on when I wanted a glanza at 20 and couldn't insure one Legally I bought a sr instead just not worth the risk

Edited by burty

But like I said it's only for the next 7 weeks till the start of April then ill do it properly! Chill

Mate you are being given sound advice, it's not really a matter to chill about, it's irresponsible.

But you go ahead and risk it, be my guest 👍

John

This is where your lose instant respect on here mate, people on here like to do things right, weather it's temperary or not, as it stands it's still a few weeks, it's not about seing a police car, it's also about if another driver goes into you or someone steps out in front of you, your screwed but it seems like you'd have an answer for that too yeah, do the decent thing and don't drive it

Pretty sure people on here dont do stuff right. Being sold a glanza with 2 bald tires, and yes I did notice but drove 150 miles while it was dry there and didn't expect the heavens to open on the way and was going to get them done nearer home where I know. But going at 50 down the motorway and sliding. Half rad missing a bolt so is bouncing round. 2 broken cv boots, people don't do stuff right on here all the time. I'm not having a go but I'm not being picked on when I'm far from the first of alot of people on here who have done the same as me. Many glanzas around and for sale I've seen all say standard 1.3 on log book so cheap insurance. I've done what the 2 owners before me have done but mine isnt for 3 years. It's temporary and will be changed. Respect lost or not I know what people are doing and have done and I am included for now and need the car on the road asap to take the girlfriend to hospital every few weeks on a Saturday. So the car isn't a daily and it used rarely. So I'm sure being sat out the back for the next 7 weeks used 3 times running down the road to keep it ticked over won't hurt anyone. If I was living in a city or town I'd have insured it properly straight away.

The difference is it's temporary for a few weeks mate. It's not forever.

Would you drive around with no insurance and no license for two weeks as a temporary measure too?

Just insure the thing properly, its not hard.

Edited by RobSR

Oh dear lol this will be fun, so you bought a 1.3 registered Glanza with a hybrid td04 and bald tyres with shot cv boots and the rad hanging out ? Then insured it as a stock 1.3 and then told us all about how you slid it at 50 whilst fully knowing about the bald tyres ....

How can you come here and then tell us people on here don't do things right ?

Did you not expect any comments about your attitude to your invalid insurance that puts yourself and others at risk ?