5efte carbon clad submarine.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got off the dyno after a little check. Pinged coming on boost and was the same up top. Pretty reflective of slightly more CR. 192hp on 11psi. Actuator pressure brings the boost on pretty gradually. Given the stock engine, might be for the best. 7200rpm limit, stock 5efe

dyno.jpg

Edited by -Harry-
  • 4 weeks later...

Well it was an eventful end to the year. A very wet track was no good for PB's but I managed to be at least 3 seconds a lap quicker than zuboo and miles ahead of the rest. Another First in Class and First outright for the day. This being the 6th and final round I also received 2 first trophies for the Season. The Zuboo boys cleaned up. There is another 2 trophies from the street series too.

12347677_566107030208868_865274464283008

8FVpt6.jpg

Multiple excursions off the track, including getting beached in the rocks after turn 1. After the final session the engine started to get a be hot. Could be head gasket or could be some damage from the rocks into the radiator. All in all the engine felt brilliant. Couldn't be happy with the $200 block.

njZJ4c.jpg

HzuzNS.jpg

bb5BUu.jpg

bBEH1k.jpg

NmYkvc.jpg

t63RrY.jpg

11179972_906437629447721_106255115662856

2amFyt.jpg

gnWMCV.jpg

mxVxoI.jpg

Now we rebuild for next year biggrin.png

• 4 months later...

Thanks Guys,

I was after something a little different after my last engine gave up. It's a K20Z4 and gearbox. Plan A was a Kawasaki zx14 engine/gearbox + turbo. Was deemed too hard/not reliable enough. Enter Honda power.

I've got a heap more pictures and details I'll update later. It's actually pretty involved getting one of these in there. Especially when you ram it this far back to improve the weight distribution.

Will also have a 125hp shot of nos to get it moving on the drag strip for Jamboree this year,

CXApoY.jpg

1ISZJx.jpg

Edited by -Harry-
  • 4 months later...

Alright it's been a while since I last updated. First up I got it tuned and it currently has 173 extremely linear hp at the wheels. Overlaying it against my 280 hp graph is disappointing. Polished the inlet manifold and added some color. If it's slow at least it can look pretty.

1.jpg

Anyway, took it out to QR for a shakedown. Initial feel and throttle response is great. Lost the bolt which stops the throttle body over extending so that ended the day prematurely.

Next up was Jamboree. I wanted to run the gas but couldnt justify the cost of a new clutch just to run it for 1 day. Threw some old slicks on and straightened the wheels. Ran consistant 12.3's all day with a 12.2 @ 108mph at the end of the day All Motor. Very happy with that considering the hp. The 6speed gearbox feels amazing compared to the starlet box. 4th gear burnouts along with 8500rpm limiter and dump the clutch all day long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra_vTIr9lio

jambo.jpg

j2.jpg

sip.jpg?t=1476511310

I then went back to QR with my issues solved. Also trialled a new light weight splitter. Car is feeling very strong and balanced. Ran consistently all day without backing off. A little bit of understeer in the low speed corners though. Ended up cracking the 300mm rotors on both sides so went home early.

v3%20off.jpg

v3.jpg

rotors.jpg

After that I headed to lakeside where momentum is rewarded much more than outright hp. Took some getting used to as I havnt been back there in 5 years. Got stuck in traffic most of the day. Just when I got a clear run, I hit some debris entering Hungry and went wide off the track. Splitter is destroyed (underneath too) front bar is also heavily damaged.

broken.jpg

So I need to do some repairs and the plan is to get back to lakeside for the end of august. I've bought a 70mm billet TB and some 440cc injectors. Thinking about some cams too. After that maybe a rotrex or a turbo. 450hp on std engine sounds pretty good to me.

Edited by -Harry-