Browner's GT Turbo with a twist... Rear wheel drive turbo starlet! <3 MAJOR UPDATES FOR JAPFEST UK! :)

Well lads a few members on here have seen this in my shed and said to stick up a few nice shots of it...

It is the only conversion of its type in Ireland and I am quite reliably told there is none in the UK either, but I stand corrected...

Yesterday was the first time the car has seen road in quite a long time as I was busy with other projects. It was great to get out in her again for a bit of messing and RWD fun! :)

I've done a lot of work on this car lately so said I would stick up a bit of a thread on it. The car started life as a bog standard 1.3 4efe. It has undergone a lot of work since and has been fully stripped and painted gunmetal grey with a full oem GT turbo body kit, genuine Livesports spoiler, genuine ZEP front grill, genuine Tom's skirts, genuine Livesports rear lip and a custom fitted front splitter. The rear of the car is left fully stripped to help it kick out easier.

The old square lights were removed and new brackets and quadlights fitted.

The old 1.3 4efe was removed, the old loom pulled and a new ep82 GT Turbo loom and ECU fitted and a fresh GT Turbo engine fitted.

I fitted a new set of Tein Coilovers all round as the old shocks were wanked and banging like crazy. Someone had actually welded the top mount of one of the rear shocks lol. The front coilovers were perfect and went nice and low but the rear sat like a Massey Ferguson tractor so I removed the helper springs and wound the coilover out to it's max.

At the start the car used to overheat slightly and run hot when giving it a bit of shoe so a new triple core alloy half rad was fitted to cure that problem.

I also fitted blue Ultra ignition leads, a blue TRD oil cap, blue breather fitter and blue rad hoses and engine pipe dress up kit.

I also picked up a HKS SSQV dumpvalve off a car I broke for parts.

It's running brand new 13" SSR Star Sharks 4x114 twincam fitment on hub adapters and spacers. They are wrapped with stretched Kumho tyres all round. The small wheels are a must for doings rings and drifting ;)

I fitted matching polished Cusco strut braces in the front and in the rear.

I also got my hands on a full Recaro Starlet fishnet interior... Front and back seats, quarter cards and doorcards with optional extra speaker pods. There was bolster wear on one seat so I left the fronts up to be re-upholstered. They will be fitted this week when they are finished and should really make the car.

The car was filthy but I took it out yesterday morning and fitted new OEM Starlet wind deflectors and new Jap style pressed plates. A good wash, de-tar, wax and polish later... With the help of a friend who was trying to bribe me for a passenger spin we had her looking like this before we set off for Mondello race track for an ae86 track day.

image_zps4ccc9852.jpg

The car got a lot of attention when we arrived... The sneaky Apexi N1 side exit exhaust didn't help and certainly had the non-car enthused pointing lol!

image_zpsa54e640b.jpg

I fitted a custom reg for a few photos :p Here she is in the paddock...

image_zpsdf6020c7.jpg

image_zps6fc66e0c.jpg

The HKS SSQV blow off valve tucked in behind the Tom's grill...

image_zpsb63f86c9.jpg

Stance and stretched rubber... <3

image_zpsfe9f414c.jpg

image_zpsed2a2106.jpg

image_zps940b0ac3.jpg

image_zps32b33b7a.jpg

image_zps213dfc20.jpg

Sunset at Mondello race track...

480031_350618718373735_922739180_n.jpg

And probably my favourite pic of the day...

903881_493835510665939_1630148692_o.jpg

One of many videos in a private yard today! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azlL42nvdfQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

A few hoops they said...!

image_zps0eb5ebe8.jpg

image_zps60069391.jpg

image_zps73c811c3.jpg

Hellaflush on the trailer... Lol

image_zps1adfb80f.jpg

Edited by Browner
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Amjad no I have worse videos than that lol ill pm you a few now for the giggles :)

A friend of mine makes them plates I can probably get you some if you want me to ask?

@pick1 cheers mate yeah I'm starlets on the brain I have quite a collection of them at this stage lol! If I didn't like them after all this time then there's definitely something wrong! Yeah the cars are very clean I am very fussy when it comes to doing things right and keeping things well. Either do things right or don't bother doing it at all that's how I feel

@Amjad no I have worse videos than that lol ill pm you a few now for the giggles :)

A friend of mine makes them plates I can probably get you some if you want me to ask?

@pick1 cheers mate yeah I'm starlets on the brain I have quite a collection of them at this stage lol! If I didn't like them after all this time then there's definitely something wrong! Yeah the cars are very clean I am very fussy when it comes to doing things right and keeping things well. Either do things right or don't bother doing it at all that's how I feel

Would be worth crossing a bit of water to see your collection tbh mate lol n what a collection it is .

How does it ride on the 13's never really seen anyone using such rims on a gt

It spins a lot with the 13's but that's what I want it's more fun :)

The wheels themselves aren't too bad but the coilovers are very very stiff. Any tiny dip in the road I feel it

I've been waiting on this thread for a while !! Theres a really old for sale thread for this car on TGTT, always wondered about it.

So it started life as a EP85 yeah ? How has the front drive been 'bypassed' then ?

Thing is its a 60/40 split on the 85 so surely your not getting the full power at the rear? And yea same as scoobys bin the front shafts and weld up the cups, i guess if you do something about the viscouse coupling you could get more power to the rear. Lovely looking car dude, nice to see a new idea come along.