max speed rods what are peoples thoughts??

Have used a set without issue in the past.

Have heard of a set that still had a wee bit of the metal swarf still attached somewhere - but they just cleaned them up and pretty sure they still plan to fit and use them.

So I would use happily I'd just give them a good check over.

Phil

I beleive people had the same doubts about pec rods iirc but loads use them now

Not that I can recall.

I'm pretty sure the 4e maxspeedingrods have been around longer than the PEC items.

And maxspeeding haven't really had anyone at their price point. PEC priced straight at scat iirc

Phil

Was speaking to an engineer today who has his own engineering shop and he has highly recommended these rods.

Might have slated these in a old thread once... :p

Edited by daniel_g

I will be using these in my 5e build in the next few weeks.

I have also noticed that the reason you dont see any negative feedback is that the company that sells the rods usually contact forums where bad reviews have been posted and demand it is removed.

Not that I can recall.

I'm pretty sure the 4e maxspeedingrods have been around longer than the PEC items.

And maxspeeding haven't really had anyone at their price point. PEC priced straight at scat iirc

Phil

Think he meant in the past people had doubts over PEC which are now considered a trusted brand and the same could apply to these in time.

Think he meant in the past people had doubts over PEC which are now considered a trusted brand and the same could apply to these in time.

Yeah i got what he meant. just thought he was wrong.

no harm no foul though, people can take the same information and hold different opinions.

Phil

Yeah i got what he meant. just thought he was wrong.

no harm no foul though, people can take the same information and hold different opinions.

Phil

I'm not debating that just your reply to the post mentioned price points and how long max speeding rods had been about for which was kind of irrelevant to the theory.

I wasn't debating with what you said or trying to defunct your opinion just seemed like there was a misunderstanding.

I'm not debating that just your reply to the post mentioned price points and how long max speeding rods had been about for which was kind of irrelevant to the theory.

I wasn't debating with what you said or trying to defunct your opinion just seemed like there was a misunderstanding.

No misunderstanding Afaik

The timescale seemed quite important to me. Given that the theory relates to a product being accepted over a period of time. This particular product is quite dissimilar to the model of PEC by all accounts.

PEC immediate uk frontage from an existing company who added 4e rods to their existing product range just a few years ago - versus - maxspeedingrods who have sold cheap Chinese forgings for a long time direct from factory in China. I personally ran a set and made good numbers with them the guts of ten years ago.

All of the above may stil seem as irrelevant to you as the prices point note previous, but just sticking info out there no obligation for any or everyone to grasp or care for its significance.

This a forum, we are in a topic regarding maxspeeding rods and I'm not aiming to pick holes but rather add to the discussion,

what you are adding I've no idea, bar your attempt to clear up a contrived / non existent misunderstanding.

No point in someone coming here and thinking that Maxspeeding and PEC are on a par. Or that any moment maxspeeding are about to prove themselves of a comparable quality, they have been around longer and still send stuff out that could knacker your new forged engine if you weren't careful. (Last swarf locally noticed just a couple of months back)

At the same time if you buy/visually inspect yourself weight/balance and make no assumptions they can be a cost effective part.

And one that I'd happily buy and use again.

Phil

Edited by Phil

No misunderstanding Afaik

The timescale seemed quite important to me. Given that the theory relates to a product being accepted over a period of time. This particular product is quite dissimilar to the model of PEC by all accounts.

PEC immediate uk frontage from an existing company who added 4e rods to their existing product range just a few years ago - versus - maxspeedingrods who have sold cheap Chinese forgings for a long time direct from factory in China. I personally ran a set and made good numbers with them the guts of ten years ago.

All of the above may stil seem as irrelevant to you as the prices point note previous, but just sticking info out there no obligation for any or everyone to grasp or care for its significance.

This a forum, we are in a topic regarding maxspeeding rods and I'm not aiming to pick holes but rather add to the discussion,

what you are adding I've no idea, bar your attempt to clear up a contrived / non existent misunderstanding.

No point in someone coming here and thinking that Maxspeeding and PEC are on a par. Or that any moment maxspeeding are about to prove themselves of a comparable quality, they have been around longer and still send stuff out that could knacker your new forged engine if you weren't careful. (Last swarf locally noticed just a couple of months back)

At the same time if you buy/visually inspect yourself weight/balance and make no assumptions they can be a cost effective part.

And one that I'd happily buy and use again.

Phil

Mate what are you even talking about!? Your literally imagining a debate that isnt there.

I started my sentence saying I'm not debating, so I'd rather not be dragged into a ridiculous arguement over nothing.

Edited by StuDoc 72
  • 3 weeks later...

Mate what are you even talking about!? Your literally imagining a debate that isnt there.

I started my sentence saying I'm not debating, so I'd rather not be dragged into a ridiculous arguement over nothing.

I was putting 'your wrong for a multitude of reasons' in the nicest way possible. And with enough explaination so that if you cared or could understand, you would.

There is certainly no debate or arguement about the product.

Still hold the record for hp on td04 at 1bar to I think.

Phil