• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Skans, thanks man!! defo try to get your motor into a garage man, better safe than sorry!

@Gerard, thanks buddy, and indeed I have already started, late spec indicators and room bar are fitted, locks bump strips and arial removed. hopefuly repairs will be in the next few weeks, where she is stored I have room to work on her too if needs be, or i can bring her home and work on her here and then take her back again no problem.

Phil.

i'll be honest mark mate, Jay also suggested when i was down with him on sunday that I go matt black...tho the insides and bay would still be blurple!! lol

yeah its nasty shit alright, its still eatin away at the car as i have only washed her down, the damn stuff is still on there!

Phil.

Can you not use celulose thinners on the bad bits...that'll remove the shit. Then rub down the paint and metal with scotch brite (off ebay) to rough up the surface, then apply Halfords metal primer finishing off with matt black paint all over :)

Why people feel the need to do this to other people's property is beyond me. If you find them and are capable of getting medieval on their asses I suggest nitromors to the face.

yeah man i'm sure that would sort it yeah, but if its goin for full respray i'll let him worry about it, the damage is done now.

i know man, its sickening, i wont have my car back full-time unless we can get a second garage built, its SUCH a pain as im not insured on any other cars!

Phil.

• 3 months later...

Jesus I didn't realise this was the reason for the respray, just read through it and can't beleive that happened to you.

I'd of been so pissed off, glad to see you'vegot it looking even better than ever now, but still what a shitter of a hurdle to go over on the way.

Wish you better luck from now on.;)

I've just been through the whole insurance thing too. I know its not nice,, they try and make things as difficult as possible. The only thing iw as impressed iwth was that i showed all teh receipts for the parts on teh car and they gave me a much better sum than market value. So with the money i fixed it all up and resrpayed it and it now looks better than it ever did. Hope something good might come from all teh stress and upset its caused you!