I don't like doing this, but people need to be made aware of others experiences to help them make the right decision. 

After seeing what where seemingly a few "witch hunts" on Facebook about Tuning Developments, I thought I'd give them a try and make judgment for myself. 

I ordered the solid shifter bushes off ebay on the 28th of January. The order status never changed from "Paid" to "Dispatched" so I decided I'd enquire about the whereabouts of my order, this would now be some three weeks on from the purchase date. No reply. 

Since, i've messaged on Ebay, Emailed and Phoned (all phoning does is prompt you to email then direct you to an already full answering machine) to no avail. 

I've since had a further look on there website and I find it very strange how there's no payment option once you reach the checkout. 

Again, I hate to have to do this, but people need to know. The worst part about it all, is the fact that there are some quality looking parts on the website I wouldn't have minded buying! 

Luckily, I purchased through PayPal, so should get the money back. Think I'll be sticking to the likes of Id works and fensport from now on!

Screenshot_20220309-233204_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220309-233227_Email.jpg

Screenshot_20220309-233304_Phone.jpg

Screenshot_20220309-233154_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220309-235000_eBay.jpg

There may be a genuine reason for the delay, but it sounds like you've been more than reasonable anyway.

If you bought on eBay your covered as they guarantee your item or a refund.

If you want to start the process go to the item in your account, click "I didn't receive my item" and check the I want a refund box. eBay will then contact the supplier to respond. After a few days, if its not sorted then you can ask eBay to step in (there's a button to click) and they force the refund for you.

Hope you get sorted.

1 hour ago, Claymore said:

There may be a genuine reason for the delay, but it sounds like you've been more than reasonable anyway.

If you bought on eBay your covered as they guarantee your item or a refund.

If you want to start the process go to the item in your account, click "I didn't receive my item" and check the I want a refund box. eBay will then contact the supplier to respond. After a few days, if its not sorted then you can ask eBay to step in (there's a button to click) and they force the refund for you.

Hope you get sorted.

Thankyou mate, I had hoped people would see I've tried to be reasonable. If there is a genuine reason, I'd have expected a message on the website, or something along those lines.

Like I say, the most disappointing thing is i would have been looking to place a larger order based on what was on the website. The brake cooling ducts peaked my interest. Maybe its a right and DIY more myself. 

I started a claim through PayPal last night, but I would honestly rather have the bushes. 

If I hear anything, I'll update this post.

Same has happened to me but it's very unlike them as I've had loads of stuff from them over the years with no issues. There must be a proper reason, hope all is well with them to be honest but can understand frustrations.

Just thought I'd post the ending to this. @akyakapotter gave me a second email address for Mike (Again, thankyou for trying to help work towards a resolution mate). I made contact and didn't hear anything back, not even an acknowledgement that there were delays. Again, as stated above, if this was underlined I'd have been more than happy to wait. PayPal have settled in my favour and re funded me. 

As I stated above, this was more of an experiment. I'd seen what I believed to be just people slagging Tuning Developments off for the sake of it on Facebook and decided I wanted to make my own mind up. Well, it's been made 😂

Think I'll order the bushes above, from Tim at TB Developments, as his service was excellent when I purchased my coilovers 

I heard he had shocking service over the years aswell but never used him so couldn't say.

But about the middle of last year I had to chase him up for ages about an order bound for a starlet boy in Finland. Not answering emails or his calls, took me a good while to get the hold of him aswell and then it was still weeks before the stuff arrived.

How can someone have a great reputation and a shite one at the same time lol 

Yeh. Motor sport/proformamce is not a easy thing to do correctly, when ever I have phoned these guys they have always been happy to help anwser question's. 

I've had afew parts off them last year and have never had a problem. It sounds like the move has taken alot of there time up. 

This is mad Phil ordered my injector dynamics 1050xs  from Tuning developments on a Wednesday  afternoon  and no messing they arrived next morning to phils house in the northern ireland  Phil phoned them up and made the order maybe that's the best way to order off Tuning developments 

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve only ever had positive experiences with Mike at td. I can confirm that they are no longer at their old site and I can’t seem to contact them for parts, if anyone has a contact number please can you pm me

21 hours ago, stevie82 said:

I’ve only ever had positive experiences with Mike at td. I can confirm that they are no longer at their old site and I can’t seem to contact them for parts, if anyone has a contact number please can you pm me

Someone put one up on the Facebook pages if I come across it Il post it in this thread

On 4/23/2022 at 6:14 PM, stevie82 said:

Cheers guys, any news on a timeframe of trading again ? Hope it’s sooner rather than later Mike and nick are good guys

They are hoping to be back open in the next 2 - 3 weeks waiting on a new phone number and electric to be installed. 

cheers nick 

On 4/28/2022 at 11:25 AM, akyakapotter said:

They are hoping to be back open in the next 2 - 3 weeks waiting on a new phone number and electric to be installed. 

cheers nick 

Thanks mate hope they are good, was going to go elsewhere but as there close to reopening I’ll wait 👍