Sparkys EP82 quadlight

Hmmmm hopefully its nothing major then.

Funds are low at the moment so hopefully shes not going to break on me (touch wood) break up for uni this week so hopefully find a nice paying job for the summer for the mods to continue :lol:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

starbogt's gt started loosing water but we couldn't find where from but eventually he found on of the pipes which goes round the back of the engine had split where it joins the engine and the water was running down tha back of the engine and evaporating!!!

standard headgaskets are £39 and are fine for 1.4 bar on td04, have you checked your water pipes at the back of your inlet manifold havent perrished? if your headgasket has gone its not a huge problem, ive done mine twice in the last 2 weeks and its piece of piss,dont need new headbolts etc

Thanks for the info Teedee :lol:

@ Kevin shes not that clean mate dings and dents, none of which my fault but I didnt buy her for her looks B) She does look good on the track though B)

@ Dale she performed well mate, traction was the issue with 185hp, Pradas and the wet track as you can see in the video I made :p

I think it might be the water feed leaking on my turbo, when I fitted the tubby the gasket for the water feed was fucked so we used slicone sealer as a cheap fix :p When I can be arsed I will replace te egasket and see what happens B)

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers mate :p

Not much to update at the moment, few new stickers here and there and rocking with 2 black Speedlines on the front, tried putting them on the back but they wouldnt go all the way on the studs :p

Just want to keep the Prada's and FinalSpeeds tidy for JapShow.

After that its save like mad for MOT as she needs quite a bit of TLC including new coilovers so its not going to be cheap!!

Hopefully she will be at JAE :)

Thanks JK mate appreciate it :p

@ Geo you have to buy them off the Japfest site mate comes in different sizes.

@ Sx cheers mate its hardly the cleanest GT tbh but for £1500 I couldnt have asked for anything else!!

Update- got a CD player fitted after 6months of owning the car :thumbsup:

I didnt have the cage so mounted it where the ashtray would be.

And to cover the nasty double DIN gap I am currently making some EK9 cup holders fit so watch this space :D

• 2 weeks later...

Not much to report mostly bad news :)

Blew a boost pipe on the way to JapShow so no boost all the way there or back ^_^

Actually blew the HDI hotpipe clean off the flange where it joins the turbo!! Thats fixed now though.

I buckled one of my Final Speed's earlier aswell, hit a rock doing a fair bit of speed, hope it can be repaired

And I am having oil pressure issues, after a bit of a ragging when you stop and let it idle for a minute or so the oil light starts to flicker, probably oil pump on the way out.

Great especially when I dont have a job

• 2 weeks later...

OK the GT is off the road.

Engines wanked possibly melted piston or rings.

So time to save for a rebuild possibly forged 5e and new suspension!!

As she stands now wont be back on the road this year I doubt so will leave you all with this picture.

Japshow09Junes079.jpg

• 3 months later...

Shut it you :)

Seeing as smell has bumped this thread may aswell give a quick update, was gonna keep it secret.

I have bought TRD seats on EP82 rails and Sparco harnesses. Should be here this week.

Also should have a 7 point cage at the end of the month, a Greddy Type S at the end of the week and hopefully a front exit exhaust.

Car is a LONG way off being finished got loads to do but I want it on the road for Japfest earliest.

Should be fucking awsome when its done though