Sparkys EP82 quadlight

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well firstly there are no pics, well there are but they arent uploaded and my Dad is in work all week so I'll do a massive update next weekend, should be all ready by then :D

What a long weekend though!!

Dash out, loom out, alarm out, then fitted the alarm to the new loom and got the dash back in got it all plugged in and hey presto alarm works and the sidelights now work for the 1st time since owning the car :D

Got the horn working with the snap off boss now and that was a pain in the fucking ass!!!

Also got the rest of the oil cooler plumbed up correctly filled her with oil and primed the complete system, filled it with powersteering fluid so just need to fill the gearbox when my oil turns up and the coolant system. No engine oil leaks anyway :(

Just need to order some dash bulbs the handbrake light one and another one, I have the bulbs so I'll go to a motorfactor for those but gonna change the dash lights to LED ones while im at it.

Going to order some Prada'a now cant afford AD08's atm and just need a few more clamps for the oil drain and turbo inlet because I must of lost that one :(

Once my exhaust turns up it will be going to have that done and then we can start her up :D

Shame it wont be ready for the meet next week but it will be running hopefully.

Thanks for the heads up Phil, was this after a while or literally blew the circuit board straight away?

Sorry about the lack of pics I'll try my best to get even more this weekend :)

My HKS exhaust is enroute which is the next stage after the weekend :)

dude how did u fit ya td04 in regards to oil lines ? and what did u do about water lines?

im possibly getting GTnomez adapter to fit my power up kit n guna go td04 instead but i need to see how much more wrk money it is lol?

im at work ill look when im home :) is it complicated?

id need a td04 adapt the lines , adapt the fmic route , and will the exhaust side of the td04 fit my wepr power up kit they both look like an oblong D shape but i aint sure

straight away man, well, within 5 mins they literally melted the copper tracking held in the green plastic backing of the speedo clusters. seems the LEDs are just too much for the copper tracking. we repaired one with a chunk of wire that held for a while, must have acted as a resistor but this aint exactly ideal having to patch up melted circuits bro.

Phil.

ah fuck it maybe thats why my lights on the dash are hit and miss :( just though the led had died, bet its fookin melted! sparkster you know anyone with a cam phone? got the exhuast pics but cant get the fookers off me phone :( my email on the phone is taking days to send :)

My sister mate but shes in work, I'll PM you her number and let her know to expect some pictures, no funny stuff though you :) lol

Hmmmmm in two minds to put the bulbs in now, may leave it until the car is from my dads at least because he will go skitz if they melt the cluster :(

Parada's just turned up, didnt go for the AD08's because I didnt think I was gonna be working :( oh well gonna order some heat wrap now seeing as I have work :p

Time for last weeks and this weeks update all rolled into one :p

Dash out ready for the loom to be changed

IMAG0358.jpg

IMAG0365.jpg

The melted wiring

IMAG0366.jpg

Removed the air con matrix while we was at it

IMAG0364.jpg

Both looms laid out being compared

IMAG0367.jpg

The alarm

IMAG0371.jpg

Loom attached to the dash

IMAG0373.jpg

Holes blocked up on the firewall where the air con pipes went

IMAG0374.jpg

Heat wrapped decat

IMAG0375.jpg

The new Enkeis, they are in need of a refurb, going the same colour as the Final Speeds :p

IMAG0376.jpg

Ghetto fitted a parada with tyre levers, caveman style :( Valve snapped on the other wheel so gotta get a new one put in tomorrow

IMAG0386.jpg

AVCR in and wired up, check out the Fuel level :p

IMAG0377.jpg

Vision motorsport wheel nuts, look awsome IMO

IMAG0378.jpg

IMAG0379.jpg

Dash back in and all nice and clean

IMAG0380.jpg

IMAG0381.jpg

IMAG0382.jpg

Seats and harnesses in

IMAG0385.jpg

IMAG0384.jpg

IMAG0383.jpg

Front end all back together

IMAG0387.jpg

IMAG0388.jpg

Back on the ground finally :p Need to drop the front coilys a bit though

IMAG0390.jpg

Rear foglight fitted

IMAG0391.jpg

IMAG0392.jpg

And finally the engine bay

IMAG0363.jpg

Quick question, grill or no grill????

IMAG0389.jpg

Its hopefully going for exhaust tomorrow, decided against the front exit there just wasnt enough clearance so getting a custom 2.5" straight through system mated to the HKS backbox so should look sweet :D

Then its time to start it up, check everything over, bleed the brakes fit the wheels and off for MOT by the end of the week cant wait!!! :p