Sparkys EP82 quadlight

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah bad times you can make it up to me at fest (hugs n cuddles) dont sell the cage dude!! You will never find another one! I struggled like fuck to find a sunroof v rear cage. .8 will be ok-ish get the fueling checked as .8 may just run a tad lean top end so best to check it if not .6 will defo be fime but tbh .8 is soo much quicker than .6 its very noticeable.

Yea mate I know, I know someone who can make trick cages so price dependant I might sell it and go all out at a later date :D

Yea not upping the boost until the wideband is in so I can monitor it but yea getting bored of .55 bar already :D

looking sweet mate I miss that sound so bad lol, will have to pop up for a passenger ride soon lol, might get my arse in gear to finish mine

Cheers mate hope you liked the sound of it B) lol

Been a while since i checked up on this, well i say a while, its been flippin AGES!!!!!!!!

Anyway, the work thats gone into this is epic, flippin love this car Sparkdog! I bet your flippin lovin it, been a long time coming!

Just on a side note, you didn't happen to keep that connection block i needed from the old burnt out loom did ya???

Jason

Jase where the hell have you been :D missed you!!!

Cheers dude I am loving it! And I will have to see what I have done with the loom! Doubt its gone far.

Jase where the hell have you been :D missed you!!!

Cheers dude I am loving it! And I will have to see what I have done with the loom! Doubt its gone far.

I missed UKSC too, and you of course you ol man whore!!!! LOL

I could tell ya all about it mate but its probably easier for you to just read the 'project deathwish' thread latest post and that will explain all. Saves spamming up this thread.

Will be a HUGE help if you still have that ecu connection block :D

Really glad this is back on the road, been a long time coming this. That first drive must have been something else!!!!! Im dying to get a first drive of mine, especially as i have never owned a FAST car B)

Just read it mate, house is much more important than the car so congrats :D

Just glad I dont have to make those kinda commitments right now :D

Missed it so much mate you wouldnt believe, its phenomenal!! Not far off where it was when running a bar on the ct9 B)

Just read it mate, house is much more important than the car so congrats :D

Just glad I dont have to make those kinda commitments right now B)

Missed it so much mate you wouldnt believe, its phenomenal!! Not far off where it was when running a bar on the ct9 B)

Yeah, bout time we got our own place! needs to be done, big commitment i know but we have been together for nearly 8 years now so about time i guess :D Will hopefully be about a bit more now, if i get time :D

Its all about that first drive dude, smile on your face must have been huge. When weather is nice you need to get up those black mountain roads and enjoy even more!!!!! :D

Well yetserday we got round to sorting the oil leak from the oil feed, thanks to string for the new banjo bolt :D

And putting it all back together and a poxy water feed banjo snapped, so now the water feed is looped back to the head, something all the time :D

And last night she started randomly idling like shit, when rolling with the clutch in it fluctuates between 1200-1600 and when your stationary its idling like 1400-1600 I had a quick check for vac leaks but couldnt see anything obvious, would there be any other reasons it would idle like this?

Also got round to setting the ignition timing properly and that has made a good difference, spools alot earlier now but seems less aggressive now. Hopefully will be better on fuel aswell!!!

Roll on next week for the new exhaust!! :p

Great work on the car, im really gutted im missing out on Japfest this year, will have to be japfest 2!

I am just looking for a garage to do ny MOT now thats not going to mess me around on the emissions, do you reckon you can get me booked in at your uncles garage. I work up in Merthyr quite regular anyway so its not that far away, could pop it in while im down that neck of the woods.

Do you have a number for him so i can book it in?

Car is looking awsome..

Fastcar pics are good, first one looks like you just landed in that spot...lol

Alignment booked for Friday :D She handles like a pig atm tyre squeels so bad even at low speed lol

Should have a nice bit of negative camber and toe in ready for JapFest.

Then Saturday is Exhaust, boost pipe, screamer pipe and wideband time :D

Also ordered my Millers Fully Sythetic oil ready to do a complete flush and then I can start upping the boost a bit ready for JapFest and I will try and get some videos before hand B)

At first I didnt like it much it makes the gear changes feel longer.

Its mint when you get used to it though, cant imagine driving without it now tbh.

I do want another one now though, one that is kinked so its closer to the steering wheel. Ideally want a shortshifter now to get the benfits from it.

Cheers for the kind words :wacko:

Well just back from alignment and I was shocked to see that the inside of my tyres are completely gone!!! After 1300miles, gutted lol

Tracking has been set up now though, it was off the gauges! Also got my camber set up, running -1.25 degrees now and neutral toe. Will buy some AD08's after these ones are finished off.

Drives straight and true now but feels weird because of how worn the inside of the tyres are and my diff feels really FUCKING HARSH now? :)

Exhaust being fitted tomorrow, my decent oil is here and exhaust heatwrap, so sundays job is a fresh oil change and get the exhaust heatwrapped and get the wideband wired up and up the boost a bit ;)

Yay more progress!!!!!! ;) Know what you mean about the tyres, the lexus was like that and the insides where destroyed. Thats also one of the first things that will need sorting on the buggy as the camber on the rear is CRAZY!!!!!

Keep up the good work sparkdog, can't wait to see this thing for real! Any luck with that connector? Sorry to keep bugging, :):D

Jason :D

@StarBuck if you got the ones from the group buy then they are plug and play, BUT where they connect to the original headlight loom instead of plugging it in the way you would expect it to plug in, you connect it the opposite way. then I just have my ballasts cable tied to my washer bottle and power steering resovoir.

@ Jase I am sorting my shed out tomorrow so I will try and find the loom then mate!! Need to keep onto me because I keep forgetting :)

Lew if your ballasts are even a little bit loose (enough to move or rattle against something) they could fail, use foam tape or something to make sure they don't move at all :)

Lol on the alignment mate! The amount of times ive aligned cars that are off the gauges :)

Also getting mine done after the coilovers have been fitted tomorrow, im gonnago for -1.25 too as this is what most people set Starlets too. Hows it handling with that camber setting and neutral toe?

Was hoping you'd comment Li :)

It seems weird atm, its like heavy on initial turn in and seems to go light, they said its because of how bad the tyres have worn on the inside so need to wait until they wear a bit more evenly to tell for certain, so glad I didnt buy AD08's the first time around because I would of cried when I seen them today ;)

Lew if your ballasts are even a little bit loose (enough to move or rattle against something) they could fail, use foam tape or something to make sure they don't move at all :)

ive wedged mine ontop of the headlight so its under the crash bar , nice n solid and cable tied up haha

Well aint long got back from having the exhaust done and I am over the fucking moon :D

£190 to have a 2.5" mid section made, wideband bung welded in, back box modded to fit, td04 hot side fabricated and screamer pipe modified and fitted.

Sounds insane now, reminds me of a 200sx or Evo now, so evil sounding and pops like mad!

Its coming off tomorrow to be heatwrapped and the widband installed aswell as an oil change and refit my TD04 water lines so will get some pics :)

Oh and a bird took some videos of a tunnel run we did last night was quite funny because we went flying past some lads in a white EP91 looked like a SR ;)

Will post the vids when I get them

Yeah when they did the alignment did they adjust the camber from the hubs and then adjust it from the top mounts? That could be the problem your getting mate. If they didnt i would get some new rubber and then take it back and ask them to do it that way.

We need pics of this exhaust too mate :)

@ Amjad if you looked in the Jap Special then that was the wrong cruise, I am trying to find the other issue of FastCar out but I cant find it!

@ Liam they only adjusted it on the top mounts, gonna see how they wear now and go from there.

Cheers JAG mate yea hopefully will make JAE this year ;)

As for pics the car is filfthy but may try and get some pics and videos later ;)

Car isnt in my good books though something all the fucking time ;) had a nightmare wrapping my exhaust and ran out with only about 10" left to do!

Plus other bits and pieces going wrong, she is a little slut and will be treated like one tonight!!