• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

coming on nicely jason, but er, taking your time aint ya? lol i was expecting to see this buzzing through marchwood already. lol.

hows it going dude?

Shut up you! :) Its taking time as funds are tight, will speed up nexy weekend when it gets moved to Winchester. Hopefully not long and you will see it buzzing about, after the bloody IVA thing!

Im good though, How's you? I could have swarn i saw you a month or so back driving a pug 106??? I was in the girlfriends yaris so you wouldn't have noticed me ;)

Jason :)

lol, yeah i'm good cheers

you may have done? silver xsi?

sold the starlet and brought a volvo 340, tramp drifter last winter, then in summer looking for a new car and found the xsi, always wanted one so brought it. lol

dont spose ya know anywere to get carbon sheet do ya with all the stuff you have brought. lol. need some flat 1(ish) mm thick sheet for a couple of bits in the pug. lol

lol, yeah i'm good cheers

you may have done? silver xsi?

sold the starlet and brought a volvo 340, tramp drifter last winter, then in summer looking for a new car and found the xsi, always wanted one so brought it. lol

dont spose ya know anywere to get carbon sheet do ya with all the stuff you have brought. lol. need some flat 1(ish) mm thick sheet for a couple of bits in the pug. lol

Yeah probably was you then, was defo silver anyway. Best place for carbon sheet is either ebay or 'carbon mods' but its pretty pricey. Been thinking of doing the sides in carbon on the Demon but its looking to be a a couple of hundred £. I may buy a large sheet anyway and just do the lot in carbon! not like im keeping to a budget or anything :)

Thanks Rob, i try my best ;)

*** Update ***

Well yesterday i got up to JDModified and got on with a little, mainly just cleaning the thing up for the wiring on thursday/friday. Got everything sorted and boxed up as i will be moving the buggy next saturday. Its going to be a long week but should mean i can crack on with this next week more.

James managed to get the rear coilovers all fitted and welded up on monday/tuesday and they just need a little cleaning up now.

Coilovers will be rotated round so the adjusters are on the outside but here's what they look like.

DSC01748.jpg

DSC01749.jpg

She now sits on all 4 wheels at about the correct height, camber is still all over the place though. lol

while i was there i also picked up a set of pallet truck rollers from a mate. I can't thank him enough for these they are perfect for a wheelie bar :) They are like skateboard wheels but only larger.

DSC01750.jpg

Thats it for now, everything is now ready for thursday and friday and with any luck i will be posting up a video next weekend of the engine running :( and will be moved to its new home!

Jason :p

fucking awsome! stabilizers FTW! ;)

cant wait to see this running! when is the IVA? cant be too far away now?

Thanks Mate,

Haha she's only a youngen so she needs stabalizers while she's learning :)

IVA is still a long way off mate, still got lots to do, then im stripping it all down to get the frame powdercoated.

I have decided to do the final build at JDModified and we are going to set an area aside to build it. We are going to try and set up a webcam and record the final build so we can speed it up and you can see the buggy coming together. May be able to just leave it running and people can log in and watch the buggy come to life????

Jason :(

*** Update ***

Well the last few days are finally over and i can sit down for 5 minutes and write this update. Well things didn't go exactly to plan and im afraid to say that the engine didn't get started up :wub: We where so close but came across a problem that was just out of our hands and meant that the engine loom couldn't be finished like we had planned!

Thursday me and Lee @ JDModified spent all day cutting and chopping the engine loom and routing it around the rear chassis to the area we had decided to place the ECU. Thursday went really well and we where in a good position to finish it off on Friday. The amount of original loom that Lee managed to cut out and disscard was amazing and he knew exactly where every plug and harness needed to go. I could not of done the wiring without Lee and he is a wiring legend.

Engine loom being routed....

DSC01752.jpg

ECU area in rear compartment.......

DSC01753.jpg

Then Friday we where straight back on it and again all was looking good. Lee soon had the relays wired in and we where testing them off of the ignition. Everything worked perfectly and they where all doing there thing and switching on first turn, second turn and the third turn on the key. Then we tested the fuel pump and that worked fine.

Then the problems started, we hooked up the ECU and began testing that and something just wasn't right! The power feed for the fuel pump goes through the ECU so if there is ever a crash the ECU will cut the feed to the fuel pump and stop the fuel continuing to be pumped. We connected a light to the error code output on the ecu and it was lighting up! Lee checked the wiring again and again and all was looking good, the only thing that can be faulty is the ECU. This meant we couldn't finish the wiring off and i was pretty upset, Lee was actually more upset than me!

Then today i got the buggy moved to its new home for the next few months while i crack on with it myself. Didn't really want to move it as the wiring isn't complete but it had to be done so that i can get on with it further. This however means that when i do the rest of the wiring for the rest of the buggy i can get Lee to check that over when it goes back to him to have the engine loom finished.

Here are the pics from today......

Picking up from JDModified..........

You can't see it in this picture but its a real art getting it onto the trailor, the rear wheels are so much wider that the front that it almost falls off the ramps when the front goes up but is fine on the rear. The Buggy is so wide that it almost touch's both sides of my trailor...........haha

DSC01756.jpg

DSC01760.jpg

DSC01759.jpg

Random arty shot.........lol

DSC01758.jpg

and dropping off at its new home.........

DSC01762.jpg

DSC01761.jpg

and in its little corner of the workshop...........

DSC01763.jpg

Now i can really crack on with progress as its near to me. Was awsome having it at JDM but it was 40 miles away so couldn't work on it when i wanted.

Oh and yesterday this arrived, big thanks to Riko for sorting these out, its been well worth the long wait as they look awsome, almost like glass, will get it fitted this week hopefully, along with more progress :)

Clear polycarbonate cam cover..........

DSC01754.jpg

DSC01755.jpg

Well thats it for the moment, shame it didn't get started but will get there in the end, just need to put it out of my mind and crack on with the rest of it!

Jason ;)

Thanks guys ;) , well pissed off about the ECU but need to just move on. :wub:

I need to find someone with a GT that can try my ECU to confirm 100% it is the ECU that is gone :)

Yep Looks almost done and it is getting there, will be more complete over the next few weeks as i do the mechanical side of things, what im best at :(

Hopefully i will get the ECU tested in the next few weeks and then if it is gone i can get another one, there are always loads about :wub:

I actually hope it is the ECU as then i know whats wrong and i can get it replaced. Bit random though as it worked fine when in the car and now its dead! could be the fact its been sat about for well over a year :)

Jase im Pming you now

il send you my standard ecu if you want and see if that solves things

it worked perfect when it was on my car so atlease we can eliminate the problem

Thanks Steve, got your PM :)

Slight problem with that though, now i have moved the Buggy it is not with Lee anymore and he was the one doing the wiring, the wiring is 90% complete and i need him to be able to finish it. Meaning i can't really check a ECU this end without him. I sort of need someone to check my ECU in there car, until i go back to JDModified in a few months time and finish the thing off. There is no rush to check this ECU as im putting the wiring to one side now and getting on with the rest of the car.

Jason :o

*** Its that time again ***

Well since the Demon was moved it has meant that i can spend a few hours here and there when i have the time actually doing some productive work, and this week i have managed to get a little more done!

I spent quite a few hours going through the huge amount of box's i have and actually sorting stuff out. When ever i get time to work on the buggy i spend most of my time actually looking for the parts as they are all over the place. I now have some large box's that have all the stuff neatly packed in them and on the top of each box there is a list of what is contained within. That way i know whats in each box and saves me hunting about all the time and when its removed from the box its simple crossed off the list. works in theory........lol

Monday my stealth black AN6 fittings arrived for the catch can so got them sorted, bit of an arse fitting the braided line into the fittings but got there in the end and they look awsome! Dremel makes light work of cutting the braided lines.

Lines made up with catch can......

DSC01764.jpg

and fitted in place, just need to secure the catch can on its own mount........

DSC01765.jpg

DSC01766.jpg

Then going through my bro's box of old parts i came across some heat protective sleeving so im having that as it won't need it now his car has been broken for spares....

DSC01769.jpg

I ended up staying late on wednesday and wanted to get some welding done but the flippin welder started playing up so the whole evening was a complete waste. Need to look at whats up with the thing but think its about time we got a new one! Wanted to get the rear plate bracket and tow eye on the back but it wasn't playing nice :(

This is what it should of looked like.......

DSC01771.jpg

Hopefully get that sorted soon.........

Also on wednesday my O2 sensor take off arrived for the exhaust so had to remove the exhaust and get that modded ready for the extra bit of welding required. I managed to quickly pop up to James' yesterday and he welded it up for me, as well as modified my catch can.

O2 take off and bung (bung not needed).......

DSC01772.jpg

Exhaust removed and work started.......

DSC01773.jpg

Hammered into place, was such a tight fit that it almost didn't need welding.......

DSC01774.jpg

and all welded up..........

DSC01777.jpg

Hopefully this week i will get the exhaust wrapped and fitted back onto the buggy. I don't really want to cover up the awsome welding on the exhaust but its quite close to the fuel tank and clutch slave so want to protect them from the heat.

catch can with added piece for the breather filter.........

DSC01776.jpg

Hopefully this week coming should see more progress on the buggy. Going to look at connecting up the gear cables and thottle cable next and maybe modifying the brake/clutch pedals to work. Also hopefully get someone to test my ECU in their GT so i can confirm that it is/isn't mullered!

Although i have alot of other projects on the go as well, why am i always so busy..............lol

Jason :D

Awsome update mate looking awsome :(

I would of stuck with the normal colour an6 fittings though to match the fuel reg :(

Thanks dude. Did think about sticking with the normal colour fittings but wanted the oil vapour system to be a different colour, will look good next to the black ssqv and when the frame goes all black :D

*** Small Update ***

Well been slowed up this week by the Snow, work was closed on thursday/friday and i couldn't get there to actually work on the buggy anyway.

However i managed to get a few things sorted.

Firstly i got the exhaust all wrapped up and fitted back onto the buggy. Was a shame to cover up all the welding on the exhaust but its done now. Im still unsure if wrapping the exhaust is the best thing to do! Its close to the fuel tank so in theory should help protect it from the heat. I will be adding a firewall in between the tank and exhaust anyway but the wrap should help deflect a bit of heat.

DSC01783.jpg

Back on the buggy........

DSC01789.jpg

I just need to redo the mounting bracket for the carbon can and thats another thing to tick off the list. :lol:

I have started welding up the gear cable bracket from the gearbox and after having problems with the welder last week i have managed to get it working again. Didn't get as much done as i wanted to do as i spent a little time sorting the welder but it will get finished this week.

not a great pic but you get the idea, the modified washers get welded to the main bracket to accept the new cables.....

DSC01791.jpg

Last week i also sent my ECU off to Stulet-GTT as he kindly offered to test fit it into his car and see if it would start. After doing this he has confirmed that my ECU is dead! Thats great news as now i can confirm 100% it was the ECU and look at getting a replacement and moving on with the build.

I know its not much of an update but its progress :)

Jason ;)

love your work mate , keeping an eye on your build all the time, my brother has a r1 powerd buggy after seeing urs has decided to change his wheels n lower it abit more.....look forward to seeing urs complete

staz034.jpg

Thanks dude :lol: I remember seing the pics of your bro's buggy, i would love a bike engine but in the end i went for the toyota lump. Bike engines where already being used so i wanted to be different :)

Think we need some better pics of your bro's buggy ;)