• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking egay!

Ordered more piping and got through the 2 90 bends and there blue 60mm bits!

Also only got through 1 57mm connector so far and I need 2...

So my poor little turbo won't get used to it's full potential til after JAE...

GAY!

Anyway today has consisted in a huge cleaning job on my car inside and out

It now looks pretty lush although could still do with a few bits doing but ran out of time as it kept bloody raining!

On the bright side I cleaned up my headlights so they don't look so yellow then cleaned up my reverse light and resprayed my fog red :p

So it's a lovely bright red again as oppose to a disgusting reddy orange colour...

Next the bad news.

Me being me I decided I need more intake diametre from my new turbo!

On the car was a bit of blue 90 digree piping which i presume is 55mm off the turbo intake, then that was connected to a bit of like 45mm or sumin via an adapter we made out of a 38mm bit of hosing so nice n restrictive...

I decided it would be a good idea to mash a bigger one out of what I had and the new 57mm connector I got threw this morning.

Next I spend hours ramming a 51mm connecter down a 45mm silicon bend which took ages,

then I took even longer to ram the new 57mm connecter down the 51mm end of the silicon bend due to the other end of the piping being tighter as oppose to bigger...

So all was good and I'd managed to do it!

NAAAAAUUUT...

I had a bit of 57-73mm silicon reducer to go from my apexi filter to the 57mm adapter I'd just mashed into my old silicon bend

I jubaleed up the 51mm end then came to do the 57mm end...

The jubalees I had were 40-60mm and wouldn't go over either end of silicone over the 57mm adapter :D

So at 7:50 my sister ran me up to halfrauds and I managed to make it in there before the doors closed to find they were just about to refurb the floor and had blocked in the jubalee clips :D with a shite load of shelving...

I asked some bloke who worked there if I could get at them and he said so chance theres loads of jagged metal down there...

FAIL.

So buzzed up a mate who's got a GT he's dismantled to see if he was in n would have a couple of clips I could borrow and has some!

But was out...

He said he'd bomb some round to me about half 9ish so I'm now sitting waiting eagerly to get the piping on the car as its still raised up on the crap toyota jack with bricks under the wheels...

Just encase the boot jack collapes...

Just wanna get the damb thing back on as I've got work in the morning at 9:30 and I'm on a 14 hour shift so no time to play cars with a 6:00AM start on Friday morning... :s

Anyway...

good stuff mate, cant wait for blaps to JAE on friday

Hell yeah blaps we shall

and DARTFORD TUNNEL!

I havn't been on a tunnel run since fitting the new rocket :D

I may get slightly carried away...

Dammmmn that exhaust looks good on your car! Kinda wish id made the effort to put it on my new car.

Lol at all the bubble wrap in the pic, was a right mission wrapping the bloody thing!

I'm glad u didn't!

Otherwise I'd have a hybrid turbo on a standard exhaust :D

FAIL.

I gotta say tho I did love the amount of bubble wrap it was awesome fun to unwrap :D

The reflets look good... but I would say that!

I wish I had a nice angled exhaust though.

Take your car down to your local exhaust centre I'm sure they can sort something out for you and angle it

car is lush mate simples

Mate when am I going to see this new monster of yours?

Think I've seen a few pics n it looks awesome!

Car looks great mate, exhaust and Reflets look lovely!

See you at JAE!

FUCK YEAH!

see you there sexy boy :p

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Little update perhaps,

like I washed all the salt and dirt from the last 5 months off it... ;)

_MG_1765.jpg

_MG_1764.jpg

_MG_1761.jpg

_MG_1807.jpg

_MG_1796.jpg

_MG_1798.jpg

_MG_1799.jpg

_MG_1816.jpg

Other than that cars been ok over most of winter, minus the last month where the weather when to pot and my MOT came up...

Ignition system started being gay and misfiring all over the place, so now got a set of Magnicor leads on it, another Dizzy cap and rota arm, then last but not least put a set of old plugs back in, due to having a set of Iridium NGK's new in it 6 months ago...

And low and behold problem was spark plugs....

Then it was back to running sweet and I've got another set of plugs ready to go in, was going to put a new set in the other day when I took the above photos but I wanted to play with my camera instead...

Today the weathers all overcast so I'll leave it until another day ^_^

Checking car over for it's MOT and the outer CV boot had split in half and all my break pads were dead...

(Hybrid taking it's toll on the car...)

Got that all sorted and the MOT bloke picked up on, a few bits:

1 being number plates being square... - Same guy had MOT'd it like 3 times before with no problems, so politely explained they've always been on there...

Drivers seat doesn't recline (because he couldn't find the twiddly nob)

And it doesn't move back and farwards, never has since I fitted it, but I've been meaning to have a play and get some spacers in there to rise it up so it doesn't take 2 people to move the seat... ^_^

(Apparently MOT legislation has changed so they check that kinda crap now...)

So all in all another year with no advisory's :thumbsup:

Oh, and I won best Glanza at JAE! :wub:

Yay!

x

Cheers for the comments peeps :thumbsup:

Looks so much fresher with a set of 98' indicators on it imo

Probably won't be spending much money on it over the next year as I'm saving up to go travelling,

But want a front mount and decat lots and lots since the suns come out and my love for the car has been rekindled ^_^

@ Lew - No... ;)

Did I ever send you through that pic in your tag at high quality in the end after JAE?

Edited by JAG
  • 8 months later...

Buy Buy JAGstar...

She's just been driven away... :(

It's proper crushing letting someone else have her,

the amount of hours gone into modding, cleaning her and the love I poured into this car is really hitting,

feels like a piece of me is gone, as it's become part of my identity over the year...

But I can't really complain as I'm off round the world on the money I got for her :)

I'll be back with another 1 one day :)