Nanglebadgers work in progress

party invite?? facebook?? mate, im new to facebook and i fail to understand its ways!! forgive my ignorance of The 'Book!

its ok, i'll get the wheel fixed, its just another thing on the loooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng list of stupid jobs!

and the skydiving, if u can drum up the courage to get in the plane then your laughin man because once your in thats it, you're strapped to a pro so you're buggered if u try to chicken out lol!

Phil.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Parts Update

With Jay's garage being only a matter of weeks from completion, its time I was gathering in the final bits and bobs before the car goes down.

So, this afternoon on the way to Jay's Mark and I popped into a couple of Halfords to get a couple of oil breathers for our catch cans, and i needed some black mesh to protect the WEPR FMIC.

Jay kindly hooked up mark's turbo timer and took a spin out in the GT to ensure it's running as it should, all seems pretty good. He had also picked up a customised fuel rail that he ear marked for my conversion, so he gave me that today so i'm still to square him up for that.

anyway, havnt updated with pics of the recent parts in a while, so here's some of the parts currently in my personal stockpile - honestly, the pile of boxes is getting out of hand now!!!

some of the parts:

DSC_0042.jpg

we figured black mesh would be best:

DSC_0044.jpg

Tuning Developments catch can and smoothed and polished fuel rail:

DSC_0045.jpg

oil breather for catch can:

DSC_0046.jpg

Blitz decat:

DSC_0047.jpg

Hyper Revs from Streetracer, he read it once from new, so when i say its mint, it genuinely IS mint lol

DSC_0048.jpg

that only leaves the TRD mounts, but i forget which box they're in lol!!!!

Once again, my thanks to Jay for his help, guidance and patience!

Phil.

cheers lads!

@Nic - I believe Ryan V (TTE Starlet) gave it to Jay in exchange for something else. It is a stock item that Ryan spent approx. 20hours smoothing down to the finish that u see in the picture. he even did the underside, but most importantly he did NOT touch the internals of the rail, it is merely cosmetic.

i can take additional photos over the next few days if u like. as Jay has said to me, its a shed load cheaper than the HKS rail and will look pretty much as good! i plan to give it a good goin over with autosol prior to fitting to really bring it up.

Phil.

cheers lads!

@Nic - I believe Ryan V (TTE Starlet) gave it to Jay in exchange for something else. It is a stock item that Ryan spent approx. 20hours smoothing down to the finish that you see in the picture. he even did the underside, but most importantly he did NOT touch the internals of the rail, it is merely cosmetic.

i can take additional photos over the next few days if you like. as Jay has said to me, its a shed load cheaper than the HKS rail and will look pretty much as good! i plan to give it a good goin over with autosol prior to fitting to really bring it up.

Phil.

Really a stock fuel rail ??? thats an immense amount of polishing, Fair dues to him,

Ya man if you could take sum more pics of it that would be great...

by the way build is coming along well.....Bet you cant wait for turbo??

thanks lads!!!! Jay PM'd me tellin me he had sourced a nice rail locally but i'd no idea wot he was talkin about lol!!! all credit goes to him for this part!!!

i'll get some more pics during the week, probably around wednesday or so and i'll throw them up for u Nic man, not a problem. i REALLY cant wait, we took my bro's GT down to see Jay yesterday and everytime some W*nker was f**kin about he just hit the hi-boost button and into the rearview mirror they faded!!!! its awesome!! i cant wait til mine does that too!

Phil.

Nice one mate,

Ya cant wait for boost myself, Its been quiet for me on here lately as I've been up the wall with work,

Getting back into the swing of it now, got sum suspension bits nd pieces on the way soon...

Will check back later in the week so mate.

Nic

Getting back into the swing of it now, got sum suspension bits nd pieces on the way soon...

With the help of me Philius my boy :wub:

Nice fuel rail, you've given me some ideas, could smooth and polish the fuel rail I have and then sell it :harhar:

• 2 weeks later...

Hole in the passenger side CV boot anyone????

grease all over the suspension and brake and MY F**KING RAY wheel??

words do not describe how pissed off i be right now. got to work at 1.50 to find this CRAP covering my wheel, a few panicked phonecalls later and we had it narrowed down to CV issue. was meant to be seeing Mrs Badger tonight but NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO my car clearly had plans of its own to be a c**t. so instead its useless ass was brought home slowly and at 11pm we got the wheel off to find a nice sizeable hole in the boot.

pure.

w**ker.

i need the damn thing to go to work, and without knowing when this started its kinda hard to tell if its safe to drive or not. so tomorrow i make calls to my mechanic and see can i limp it down to get a new boot and grease from anywhere! and with tomorrow being my only day off i either gotta get it fixed quick, or i gotta get insured on dads Barchetta.

i dislike this car. i want an S15.

Phil.

cheers Rick, at least i'll know that for the other side mate!!!

i just got a bit pissed because the shit was on my wheel...and my wheels came from you...ergo they are too cool for grease!!!!

all fixed now tho!!! happy days! just gotta clean it again.

still fancy an S15 though!

Phil.

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Today I went a bought myself the passenger side Willans 4point harness and ordered the V-crutch strap to make it 6point, expensive but its about time i had them fitted! I've had the drivers one waitin since Crimbo for feck sake!!!!!!! so, that just leaves bookin the mechanic!

also got the passenger side wind deflector reattached with some windscreen adhesive to make surre its bitch-ass stays on!

could really do with a couple of days off in a row to just sort out annoying bits, and to mesh up the front bumper. damn thing hasnt been washed in about 9weeks because the weather here has been so shit. but it'll get there eventually.

Phil.

lol, ive got to re-do my wind deflectors aswell. They keep flapping about when you have the windows down. :(

How did you re apply them mate, as i have some windscreen adhesive in my garage. Did you just apply to the deflector and then shoved it in place??

hey dude. yeah basically thats how the dude did it, he applied the windscreen adhesive to the deflector and then stuck it to the door and held it in place with masking tape until it hardens a bit.

unfortunately, the adhesive squidges out and has to be wiped off with thinners or something similar, which he did - and it removed the tint spray from my deflector yesterday. so, this morning before work i wet sanded it back a bit and resprayed it....only the spray has now reacted with something THE F*CKER and so i gotta rub the WHOLE deflector right back and start all over again with the tint spray which I've now run out of, WHILE THE DEFLECTOR IS ATTACHED TO THE CAR!!!!!!!!! dangnabit! its always 2steps forward and one step back. I've sent a text to the lad who did my TRD decal to see if he is up for some custom tint filming the wind deflectors but he hasnt replied yet and its been 12hours! he fails! if he cant, wet sand and tint spray all over again!

gonna try to get the harnesses in ASAP now that I've got the second one, tired waiting.

Phil.

hey dude. yeah basically thats how the dude did it, he applied the windscreen adhesive to the deflector and then stuck it to the door and held it in place with masking tape until it hardens a bit.

unfortunately, the adhesive squidges out and has to be wiped off with thinners or something similar, which he did - and it removed the tint spray from my deflector yesterday. so, this morning before work i wet sanded it back a bit and resprayed it....only the spray has now reacted with something THE F*CKER and so i gotta rub the WHOLE deflector right back and start all over again with the tint spray which I've now run out of, WHILE THE DEFLECTOR IS ATTACHED TO THE CAR!!!!!!!!! dangnabit! its always 2steps forward and one step back. I've sent a text to the lad who did my TRD decal to see if he is up for some custom tint filming the wind deflectors but he hasnt replied yet and its been 12hours! he fails! if he cant, wet sand and tint spray all over again!

gonna try to get the harnesses in ASAP now that I've got the second one, tired waiting.

Phil.

Cheers mate, i will be doing that before JAE then, its one of them little things that makes you hate your car :( !! And yeah thats the way it goes with car modifying mate, you think things are going well then something else breaks or goes wrong and you've gotta sort that before more mods. Its gay but thats the way it goes unfortanely.

you said it mate! there are days when i loathe the site of the thing!

@Jay, sounds like we're almost ready to roll dude!

well after work this evening i got the sand paper out and wet sanded it back and rinsed it off, but it got dark so i'll not see how it looks til the morning.

Phil.

nice work so far phil, i hate split cv boot, put one on the other day on athena without that majic airtool was a right messy job with the greeze.

where did you get your catch can from man?

Ok, quick quiz:

Q: At the TGTT RR Day at AI Autosport today, did Phil's car run

1) OEM figure of 74bhp

2) an impressive 95bhp, or:

3) not run because as soon as the wheels dropped into the rollers the car ended up grounded on her chassis and had to be pushed out by 4 people????

Answer:

3) Phil's car did not run because as soon as the wheels dropped into the rollers the car ended up grounded on her chassis and had to be pushed out by 4 people

w*nker!

Phil.

Ok, quick quiz:

Q: At the TGTT RR Day at AI Autosport today, did Phil's car run

1) OEM figure of 74bhp

2) an impressive 95bhp, or:

3) not run because as soon as the wheels dropped into the rollers the car ended up grounded on her chassis and had to be pushed out by 4 people????

Answer:

3) Phil's car did not run because as soon as the wheels dropped into the rollers the car ended up grounded on her chassis and had to be pushed out by 4 people

w*nker!

Phil.

edit/ Just read it again lol