Nanglebadgers work in progress

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this day - what. a. wanker!

over 80miles and like...£60 spent, all to try to get TWO of the threaded eye bolts for the harnesses fitted!!! i wont bore you all with the DULL story of how i covered half the f**kin country in my quest on my only day off for the next week, but after buying things that turned out to be no use, i ended up buying a tapered 10mm tapper which argued with me and the car even more!!!

so, my sisters boyfriend came out to lend at a hand - AND HE KICKED IT'S F**K IN!!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH! was an absolute mission even then, and i doubt it'll ever come out again, but the passenger side mounts were finally all completed thanks to him!!! so now i have the passenger side Willans harness fitted woooohoooooooo and it looks the sex!!!! hopefully over the weekend he's gonna help me with the drivers side one too and we'll get that all finished up! that will just leave the crutch straps to sort out which i'm gonna have my mechaic do as he'll probably have some welding to do for the mounts for those.

so once the drivers harness is in i can get the rear carpet trimmed down and fitted as Mark got some velcro for that today and Carol helped remove the carpet from the rear bench that we'd had in place since Mark and I did the boot install.

The rear towing eye is still proving a bitch as the bolts are rounding off on us, so we have them soaked in WD40 for the night, HOPEFULLY one of them will give in to us tomorrow before i go to work.

Apologies for the essay but you nearly got a serious rant at about 8pm before my sisters boyfriend came to the rescue!!! pure legend!

pics willl follow when the drivers harness is in place, along with additional pics of the polished fuel rail as Jim wants to see more pics!

Phil.

**pre going to work update***

rear carpet is now fitted, trimmed, velcroed into postion and snipped for the eyes to poke through!!! and i have to say, it turned out alot neater than i thought! it wont win any install prizes but it serves its purpose - to be NEAT, SMART, LIGHT WEIGHT and easily lifted to show MOT the eye mount points! and it has achieved all of them, not flashy, but purposeful and clean!!!

rear bolts for towing eye are rounded as fook, so its time to get a stud extractor (Jezza, expect a PM tomorrow re. this!).

and all being well its the drivers side harness tomorrow!!!

Phil.

blue bit????????????????

the stock bolts in the chassis from the OEM towing eye are rusted SOLID and even with 10litres of WD40 they are refusing to move luke, so when u put a lot of torque on the socket wrench it slips off and chews the bolt heads, hence rounding the wee bastards off!!!

i will not be beaten!

i doont have a blow torch, although thats an interesting idea Iddy my friend!!! and i didnt send u a blank PM as we have just discussed lol!!!

Phil.

no no no! silly boy!

ok, pics time!

first up, front towing eye:

DSC_0157.jpg

DSC_0158.jpg

watch your ankles!

DSC_0159.jpg

Passenger Willans 4 point harness:

DSC_0043.jpg

rear mounts for harnesses and redesigned rear interior carpet:

DSC_0046.jpg

After work today my sisters boyfriend and myself, much to my sisters aggravation hehehehe, had a bash at the final drivers side mounting point. In short, we failed, and we ate an eye....or two lol!!! So, all being well on frinday coming I will take the car to my mechanic and its goin on a lift. The nut on the transmission tunnel where the seat rail mounts to will be drilled out smoooooooooooooooooooth and we shall attach a NUT to the other side of the eye, thereby securing it in place! GENIUS!!! why he didnt suggest i just do this first i dont know, would have saved money and mileage, but live and learn and all that! at least I've learnt the lesson should anyone else on the forum attempt fitting competition harnesses. Ordinarily I'd have been pissed off at having to wait til next friday to get it FINALLY sorted, BUT, i got to give the floor a REAL good hover while the seat was out, so it wasn't a total loss lol!!!

Enjoy the pics, rear towing eye and drivers side harness are the next targets on the hit list!

Phil.

cheers dude! hopefully the next week will see an end to the harness and perhaps the towing eye saga too if i'm lucky (altho there's still the vee-crutch straps to fit for the harnesses too, but that can wait a few weeks).

also, I've decided to do the speedlines myself rather than paying a fortune when i still have FTE work to pay for. they're winter wheels, so i'm not gonna get too anal about MINOR dings that they came with, but i think I've settled on a metallic black plasticoat colour with the lip done in blurple colour code. and sparky, before you say a word, i dont care if colouring the lip makes the wheel look small! i dont! i dont!!!!! lol!

Phil.

ah haven't popped my head in here for a while.... nice work el naglebadgerio, shame about all the shit that's happened but all negatives lead to a positive :thumbsup:

rear carpet looks nice, just finishes things of alot better, more smooth less stripped race look.