Nanglebadgers work in progress

Try and get ahold of a product called alpha power by selden its a consentrated traffic film remover, it will make your engine cleaning a 5 minute job and your engine will be cleaner than new. Good luck with the turbo.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bloody hell!!! a post from Ryan!!!! WOW!!!!! great to hear from u dude!! thanks for the advice, i'll keep an eye out for that!!!!

@Kev, i couldnt have said it better dude! thank u for your support dude, i greatly appreciate it!

@Joz, u got it man, it'll be worth the wait in the end i hope, i know im melting jay's head, and that Phil (GT Advance in N'castle) helped to stress Jay about my conversion even more, but i just cant help it! I just want it in!! its the summer, its time to get it in and have some fun runnin it in before the crap weather arrives again!

Update - SPS earthing kit arrived from JohnEgan yesterday. looks a good solid piece of kit, not sure if i'll fit it before the FTE tho as its one more thing to remove for the conversion :thumbsup:<_<

Phil.

Update

The weather here tonight was stupendous, so it felt criminal to actually not be in work for once and not tinker at the car in the sunshine! so, mark and I got the earthing kit fitted, fairly straight forward really. nice smart kit, cleaned up a little of the corrosion as best as possible, not mint but it'll do the job its meant to do.

no pics tonight, dad's away with his camera but i'll get on it soon!

Phil.

great progress mate carnt wait to see the fte lump put into your stunning car! is defenatly a worth while conversion! although a can relate to what kev said i still sometimes which i had the 4efe, such a great little engine! 1 thing i would say, and i wish id done is brought more aftermarket parts before i fitted the engine as now its taking ages to save well so it seems!lol good luck :thumbsup:

aye, its just the crap that comes off the road here thats to blame, nothin we can do about it except keep polishin it lol!!! had the autosol at it already!

calm before the storm indeed mate! very good description dude!

@Dean - I&#39;ve got a few aftermarket goodies for the FTE, Blitz decat, an exhaust etc etc, not goin too OTT to begin with, the plan is that it will be standard but with selected extras, that way I get used to life with an FTE before seeking out more performance.

Phil.

Update

After seeing Markoos's new Tuning Developments catch can this morning i couldnt resist buying one for myself (damn u markoos!!) as i gave my red one to mark for the GT. the Tuning Developments one is a LUSH looking adonised blue, looks smart as hell, and all for less than £42 shipped!! cant turn down a bargin like that!!! perfect colour for the FTE bay!!

jay is goin to beat me, i know it!!! "Stop buying more parts for me to fit dammit Phil!!!". thats wot he's goin to say when he reads this! "Damn Phil and his obsession for shiny things!!!"...sorry Jay!!!! hehehehehe!

Phil.

Update

Just to make Jay's life EVEN MORE miserable during the conversion, this evening I have purchased a set of TRD engine mounts from Idrees. Figured I may as well while the engine's out. They havnt covered too many miles and appear to be in good condition so bit of a bargain really, shame postage to NI is such a BITCH on everything. For me the conversion is about rapid response, one second the car's there, the next its gone; so altho the mounts may make life in the cabin EVEN worse than it is now (Sorry Carol!!!!!!), hopefully more of the power will be transfered DOWNWARDS to the road - well, thats my excuse for buying them and i'm sticking to it!!!

I&#39;ve also got a set of Glanza rear inner arch liners coming from Idrees with the mounts to tidy up the rear arches as they are now, he's a very useful young man to know is our Idrees!

im kinda scared to go near Jay right now, i keep buyin all these things to add in during the conversion, he's gonna bitch slap me. HOWEVER, i did promise him that i wouldnt show up with an HKS fuel rail as its too expensive for simply looking shiny, and so far I have kept my word, so he hopefully wont shout at me too much!!!

Phil.

Hehe thanks man.

I'm pretty sure postage to N.I is the same as mainland, but postage is a bitch overall anyway. If it costs less than £20 (they're quite heavy though) then I'll send you the remainder back. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllrighty then, took a trip to the Coasta-Del-Vogie to visit Jay.

spent around an hour and a half cleaning the oil and gunk off the FTE. have to say it has come up pretty well, u cant exactly see your face in it, but compared to the black blob of goo that it was before, both Jay and I were very impressed with how well she has cleaned up with just some engine cleaner and a brush!

I have also agreed to buy Jay's WEPR FMIC from him, as some of u may know it currently resides on his grey GT and is totally unused, i think its covered around 2miles at the very most. it is out of the box mint, and u know how fussy i am so i mean its that mint!

Jay also kindly donated an OEM item that i have never seen before in my life lol! i'm currently cleaning it so i'll add pics later this evenin hopefully.

Also...his garage...is a house! its MAHOOSIVE!!!! and its very nearly finished!!! he does great work does Mr Jay!

Phil.

installed already sam yeah mate, i have the wings neatly tucked under the momo mats, just gotta take a pic which i'll do shortly here.

@CL, you're right it did mate! really cant wait. and the more Jay and I sat and chatted about it and about his experiences in his 5e beast, the more i'm really looking forward to it! esp as i'm now gettin the FMIC that I wanted! very excited!

Phil.