• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice news on the decat bro :D

Are you all set for monday? :D

Looks like its going to be at the same place as last time.

I'll prob get there a bit earlier.

Not much of a response on tgtt but theres still time.

Luke is busy unfortunately.

Talk soon broski.

Joz

something has dawned on me over the last 2days; something a little sad. this meet on monday will most likely be the last outing/gathering for Project BadgerSport as an N/A. it dawned on me earlier that there will most likey be no further updates for the car as an N/A. excluding the fresh headlight bulbs and air freshener I cant see there being any more major purchases that arent made with the turbo in mind, BOVs, catch cans, gauges etc etc etc unless i pick up some more OEM extras between now and the day she enters Jays garage.

and u know wots weird.......as much as i cannot WAIT to get the FTE in as it is long overdue and it will take my project to a whole new level, I am a little sad about it. a 25 yr old man, slightly depressed at losing an old friend in the form of a 1.3 N/A engine, casting it aside for a more attractive model. But as much as the engine has done me proud and hasnt missed a single beat, the time has come to progress to a more entertaining league where new challenges await. so, that being said, role on monday, role on Jay's new garage.

its not often folk pause to consider the step from n/a to FTE in a conversion and to acknowledge for that brief moment the time spent getting to this stage where u are ready for progression, more often they are simply too excited with hearing a "pppssshhhhhhttt" sound from under the bonnet that wasnt there before. in retrospect, it has been a long and sometimes very difficult journey, with some serious obstacles thanks in no small part to the scum that inhabits this planet. there are a few things i would do differently if i did it all over again, but the car has turned out so much better than i could ever have imagined that i cant really regret too much of it.

I will perhaps do a final spec list as she stands as an n/a on the verge of rolling into Jay's new garage, they seem to be all the rage these days, and i think its time even i saw the final list compiled together in one place.

apologies for the rather introspective wandering there, clearly it was too quiet when i was cleaning the car earlier and i had too much time to think.

Phil.

Touching words amigo :)

Agree though that not many seem to pause for thought. Am at a stage where am seriously considering the step to turbocharged goodness, but at the same time love the way the n/a feels (and how bulletproof it is). You have come a hell of a long way though man, and overcome things that would have led to many people giving up, but you carried on and perservered, which you should be respected for. (although at the same time you could also be called crazy for :))

And yeah, would be nice to see a spec list. Could be scary though when you look back at the list and it dawns on you the cost implicated with the amount of parts listed......

Roll on the (boosted) future though!!!

(I'll be flying the n/a flag for a while yet though)

Wow man that is powerful. Here was me singing along and talking on msn and that post just made everything stand still. Taylor Dane - Tell It To My Heart was perfectly on shuffle when I started reading that.

Its stunning, in perspective, that this is how things turn out. Its like you are removing the heart of the ol Nanglewagon and replacing it with a new heart that you don't know, its not going to be the same car anymore. Those words were touching man, it really makes you stop and think of things from a different view and make other problems seem so small and pointless. Those words really hit heart mate.

Touching to see people care that much about a car, that motor is your companion mate.

It takes a bigger man to cry than it does to hide his emotions :)

I can't say I would mock if you shed a tear before you remove the engine on monday Phil. You have proved your heart and soul is in this car, its worth showing her your emotions :)

and u know wots weird.......as much as i cannot WAIT to get the FTE in as it is long overdue and it will take my project to a whole new level, I am a little sad about it. a 25 yr old man, slightly depressed at losing an old friend in the form of a 1.3 N/A engine, casting it aside for a more attractive model. But as much as the engine has done me proud and hasnt missed a single beat, the time has come to progress to a more entertaining league where new challenges await. so, that being said, role on monday, role on Jay's new garage.

its not often folk pause to consider the step from n/a to FTE in a conversion and to acknowledge for that brief moment the time spent getting to this stage where u are ready for progression, more often they are simply too excited with hearing a "pppssshhhhhhttt" sound from under the bonnet that wasnt there before. in retrospect, it has been a long and sometimes very difficult journey, with some serious obstacles thanks in no small part to the scum that inhabits this planet. there are a few things i would do differently if i did it all over again, but the car has turned out so much better than i could ever have imagined that i cant really regret too much of it.

Phil.

Car looks great as always, love this car sooooooooo much!

I know exactly what you mean with putting the 4EFTE engine in! I have sold the 998cc mini engine from my project and seeing that go was a bit weird. I have a real soft spot for the mini and now there is not many mini parts left on my project, a project that is solely based on the mini! I keep thinking 'am i doing the right thing' but every time i see that 4EFTE just sitting there i think i probably am. And the fact that this has never been done before also helps. :)

You will really appreciate it more, at the end of the day it will be something YOU built and its not like you have just gone out and bought a 4EFTE to start with. I admire the N/A guys that do decide to go for the engine swap as it takes alot of guts but im sure it will be worth it! and the fact that you will have something even more unique.

Keep up the good work and keep the updates coming :)

Jason

@Jay, very true mate, it will be an evolution and i honestly cant wait. every time i come across some wanker on the roads i just think "aye, u look smug now bitch, because in two months or so it will be a MUCH different story with YOU in MY rearview!!!!!" if something ever does happen to her (God forbid, AGAIN!) then it would have to be a black or red factory V for me, or the right GT (like your auto!).

@Jason, thanks for the kind words man! now u know your not the only one with fond memories of past engines!

@colin, i havnt had time to get down to Jays yet to clean the engine, my rota changes weekly and the little free time i have i try to see the mrs less i get in trouble lol. dont worry i'll clean it a bit before it goes in, im more concerned with gatherin up parts first lol!

@MJ, good things come to those who wait indeed my friend, this FTE has been a long time comin and its about time, im tired of seein GTs with R plates and me at 25 with NO TURBO!!! not on!

@Ian, thats pretty much how i feel man, i like how the car is now, so its time to take it to the next step, she's too far on to sell.

Phil.

Guest Enzo
I will perhaps do a final spec list as she stands as an n/a on the verge of rolling into Jay's new garage, they seem to be all the rage these days, and i think its time even i saw the final list compiled together in one place.

you should do that dude, with that list layed out in front of you i know you would be surprised at how speked up your ep is, it would be a mile long

every time i come across some wanker on the roads i just think "aye, u look smug now bitch, because in two months or so it will be a MUCH different story with YOU in MY rearview!!!!!

i have the same problems the now with my 4efe and in those situations wish i could just teleport into athena to open up 'that' can of woopass!

cheers Geo man! totally feelin wot your sayin about teleportin into another car! "That" can of whoopass, quality banter man!!!! lol!

@Lewis, thanks man, gettin super excited now!! esp after a blast in Jay's Beast yesterday. obviously mine wont perform like that, but compared to the 4efe it will FEEL the same to me lol!!!

@Sam....because the Momo mats are LUSH!!! i like my OEM options but i also like a little of the classy aftermarket stuff too, hunech the Momo additions in the car. i'll add OEM options all day long, but the OEM mats are fugly!

Phil.

the Momo mats cost me a fortune, and then i added the grills to them, in all there's like £100 invested in those mats lol!

yes yes, engine cleaning, i must get around to that musnt i. I've been too concerned with tryin to sort the additonal components required (like decats and manifold....did some one say Marmalade...no, wait, JAM???? :lol::p ) that i have neglected the cleanin. i will endeavour to make arrangements man, gotta A-ok it with The Boss first tho, find a time that suits for u and me and then get permission!

Phil.

nanglebadger, firstly you car is stunning.. end of discussion.

secondly i can sooooo relate to all what you say.

for instance the fact that the N/A has it's charme to and it's not easy to say goodbye. I drive in my ex-starlet once in a while and it'still is a blast to drive in. brings back so muhc memories!

Also the fact that putting a fte in your own car is so much more meaningfull in a way of forfillment and it being you OWN car/creation. I would have liked to go that road but i didn't have the balls....

and finally that times driving your N/A, and knowing that the turbo-power is coming, having those moments you go:

JUST WAIT UNTIL I HAVE MY TURBO, I WOULD TOTALLY OWN YOU!!

I wish you all the best in the conversion!

MAY THE POWER OFF PSSSHT BE WITH YOU SOON!

Amen to that Kev :lol:

Like I said at the meet bro it's gonna be so worth it.

Take your time acquiring the select parts, I can feel its going to be a very special build.

Take it easy.

Joz