Nanglebadgers work in progress

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i will endeavour to meet your demands chaps.

the only stop-gap on the road to the FTE from here is tyres for the Volks, had some word from Jay recently about the exhuast and the clutch, weejohn inspected the clutch and it appears to be an aftermarket item of unknown brand, should do nicely thanking you! so, exhaust is almost sorted, that pretty much just leaves an FMIC to arrange i believe and we should be good to go or near enough!!!

still no sign of BT...on the count of three please everyone...1, 2, 3 BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BT!! BBBOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Phil.

• 4 weeks later...

OK.

First things first, landline is in and my 'broadband' should be active by monday nite all being well. that being said, the service where we live now is CRAP, Sky have estimated a speed of around 512k which is barely broadband, possibly up to 1mb if im lucky. the dongle runs at around 256k or somethin rubbish AT BEST tho so any hardline will be an improvement and i can actually start getting back online regularly again and get some pics thrown up.

Project BadgerSport - today i received a Blitz EBC from Sparky that was posted yesterday so thats wot i call service! thats added to the FTE pile.

I have picked up a stone dent on the nose of the bonnet on the motorway of all places, great big pebble, a week after repairs, fuckin sickened with this i really am. If i can ever get a hold of Alan D i will ask him some advice.

I still cant get the storage box fitted so if anyone has any pics could they pleae forward them to me! IMMEDIATELY!

One wind deflector has come off, not impressed at all, so i need to get some GOOD tape to do it myself, Nath has advised me on the right stuff.

Some wee c*nt scratched my bonnet with one of them f*ckin Magnetic red Noses, so again Alan D needs to see the car, its only surface damage but still. so, i have arranged for secure parking for the car from now on when im on evening shifts at work.

My drivers side rear suspension is making HORRIBLE dry grinding noises and tap-tap-tapping noises that has me rather concerned and honestly kinda scared at speed as i use motorways to get to work now. I've checked the ARB and RSR and its not them, the shocks are dry so it must be the spring on its way out. hopefully i can find some replacement suspension before somethin collapses on me. I had planned to order tyres for the 14s this week but this suspension issue may put that back. if anyone has any GOOD aftermarket suspension (either spring/dampner combo or Coilies such as D2s) please contact me on my MOBILE immediately!

On a positive note, i will have a MAJOR starlet announcement in the very near future, those of u who know keep schtum! once i have 'broadband' it will be easier to explain as this connection SUCKS!!!!!!! i promise tho u will like the announcement.

Phil.

Thanks for the update on Project Badger Sport Phil :thumbsup:

I havent the foggiest what this big announcement is so I will wait with anticipation.

Will be awesome to have you back on uksc dude.

Talk soon

Joz

ok, broadband is in and workin quicker than anticipated, at carol's right now tho.

had the car looked at yesterday, suspension is fine, turns out the ARB wasn't lubed at all so was makin nasty noises inside the bushes. also, drivers wind deflector has been stuck on with windowm adhesive as they used to be so that shouldnt come off.

what this also means of course is....tyres for the 14s, which is exactly what im off to do right now!!!! the time has come!

points for harness mounts are also chosen, so just need to get on with that too. i have to say tho, u lot were correct, my mechanic is a rally guy and when i mentioned the crutch strap he confirmed the "degloving" stuff and explained how it happens. i may go ahead and fit the cructh strap anyway and just not use it unless i ever put her on a track as the main threat of degloving comes from high speed (80-90mph) head on collisions, so i may fit it, undecided.

pics of Project BadgerSport to follow over the next few days now we have some real internet again, aswell as the major EP annoucement from the land of the Badger!

now, off to order tyres!

Phil.

Indeed, the Badger Set now has broadband, usin my sis's laptop until i get some home plugs so i can get my own PC online again.

arranged tyres yesterday from MotorSport and Spares Ballymena, so hopefully i'll go get them fitted one day this week or next all bein well, we've gone with 195/45/14 Continentals (as thats wot they had in stock and they assure me they are a damn good tyre, that the rim should look bigger thanks to the 45 profile rather then the 55 we were goin for, and the car should sit even lower....altho, this could be a problem with carol's lane, we wait and see).

so, once, they are on the wheels and nuts will go on and that just leaves the FTE to sort with jay. progress at last!

Phil.

cheers mate, £235 for the tyres i think.

takin wheels up tomorrow, tyre guy is off so i'll have to go back for them on saturday. then i'll repaint each caliper as i change each wheel and fit the Rays nuts.

so, sould have some funky pics with the spats and wheels all together soon.

Phil.

Cheers lads, and rob....fail my ass, its now hammer time!!!

ok pics of when i collected her with dent repaired and HRF spats etc etc etc.

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

and now with the Rays and repainted calipers. please excuse the dirt, it was clean the day before but it rained!

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

There we go now! all up to date ...ish! that leaves the storage box to fit. i must say, drivin on 14s is a total dream! the car is so nimble and responsive, and combined with the ARB etc etc its great fun even without the turbo in yet. and the fact that they are lightweight makes her a TINY bit nippier, its most noticeable when pulling away up a hill, with the speedies she was somewhat laboured, but not with these featherlight babies!!! i want a second set for winter now!

Phil.

That looks absolutely awesome man I must say, my only doubts now are the callipers, mayb they should go grey/black and not too sure on the rear lights now

spats look uber tho, oh also check your pm now!