Nanglebadgers work in progress

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

Phil, i want to kiss you, i've been awaiting this for months! She looks awesome man, I think its now time to get down to Jays somewhat half finished garage and get your engine in :mellow:

si, u dont like the lights now?? ummmm...ok.

as for not fillin the arches, meh, everyone has their own opinions, i love them surprise surprise and everyone at the bangor mini meet on sunday loved them so in general its a warm reception.

anyways, here's some cleaned shots for your viewin, perhaps change a few minds.

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0015-1.jpg

DSC_0018-1.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0021-1.jpg

the improvements to the handling of the car is worth a small compromise of an inch or two gap in the arches for me, so im over the moon.

mini-meet in bangor on sunday nite, al fresco stylee:

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

clearly jay wasn't feelin very well in this VW motor...

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

also, solved the riddle of the OEM storage box:

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

thats pretty much it for now, exhaust for turbo has been arranged with MI16 chris...i think thats his username, and that just leaves the construction of Jay's garage.

Phil.

Nice, i think you need a new signature :D :D

Also a nice touch would be covering the door pillars in a black vinyl to make it more glanza-like. The storage box is nice though, il give you that, fancy taking it off and selling it to moi? :p Really cant wait till that engines in now buddy though, its gonna be going great.

And hows the situation with you now buddy, i hope your back on track with life and the such ^_^

cheers sam mate! i prefer the windows as they are, i aint aimin for a glanza look tbh, i know the rear end contradicts that statement but the front end doesnt lol.

the turbo is just a matter of patience for me now dude, just gotta wait for the go-ahead from Jay and its show time!

things are much better now dude yeah thanks, we have settled into our new home and im currently on the hunt for a GOOD career, which if i can find one will make things much better for me and the car. all i need is some home-plugs to get my own PC online again and i'll be back to my old UKSC self again dude. hope all is well with u mate!

and the storage box aint for sale lol, im tryin to gather up a bunch of the OEM opitions so the box stays with me sorry!

Phil.

Its what im trying to do too, doing well with sourcing parts at the moment - surprisingly.

Im glad everythings back on track so to speak mate, and alls good with me :lol:

Can't wait for you to get the go ahead.. I cant wait for Jay to have the new garage either :p

hahaha cheers jay dude!!!!

i dont think she needs spacers tbh, i have a set of momo hub-centric ones here that are mark's that arent doin anythin, but they arent exactly sunk back into the arches, no one at the meet or who has seen it in the flesh has thought spacers were needed altho i thought before fittin that i may need them, i'll look at her tomorrow and consider it.

Phil.

hahaha cheers jay dude!!!!

i dont think she needs spacers tbh, i have a set of momo hub-centric ones here that are mark's that arent doin anythin, but they arent exactly sunk back into the arches, no one at the meet or who has seen it in the flesh has thought spacers were needed altho i thought before fittin that i may need them, i'll look at her tomorrow and consider it.

Phil.

perhaps its just the pics that make them look a little sunk in the arches and im sure she looks even better in the flesh. she is still my favorite :lol:

@Jag, cheers man, the corner spats are HRF spats that came from SiKillaMart, courtesy of simon. I've seen a Toms set in NI but never seen another HRF set, i wasnt sure how they would look as they arent as big or agressive looking as the Toms ones but i couldnt be happier with them.

@Geo, thank u for your kind words bossman, they really do mean alot to me. i have no plans to change the exterior cosmetics of the car from this point, she is already alot different to anything i ever imagined she would be. the only exterior plans i have are to redo the front number plate as it isnt straight, and a damn good buffin and polish to remove the scuff marks where the lads fitting the spats have rubbed against the car, other than that the focus is on the FTE, some braided lines perhaps as the brakes really arent wonderful and a few more handling parts...oh, and fittin the harness (nearly forgot about that!). u have the same storage box?? have i fitted it in the right place????? i'd love to find more OEM options similar to the storage box, i think there may have been a dash-top unit of some sort for non-passenger-airbag models like mine, similar to the GTs but I've never seen one for sale.

@dalester, cheers dude. the handling is much better on the 14s, i will never question Scutch0 again!!!! he was MOST correct!

Phil.

Phil. your car. I love it. a lot

Is such a unique car now, has been interesting watching it develop in the time I've been on the site (and gone through 5 different cars lol)

As for the spacers, what size are they? (I'm after spacers if they'd be for sale...)

@ Mart, thanks man, great to hear from u!

@MJ, thanks for your positive words mate, they mean alot, she has changed a great deal recently mainly due to the paint stripper damage kickin off a chain of events that led to various changes that would otherwise never have occurred lol. the Momo spacers are mark's mate and they aint for sale, couldnt tell u the size tbh, but i do know they are roughly £100 for a set of 4 which aint half bad at all!

@Si...yeah, u better change your tune Mister or i'll leave Team Clean and stop washing my car!!!!! lol!

@Idrees, thanks man!!

Phil.

Damn that backbox looks familiar :lol:

Its great to finally see the transformation Phil dude.

Really looking unique which is always a good thing.

Lots of nice touches that I bet you are really pleased with.

Hope to catch up soon with UKSCNI.

Kudos

Joz

Phil buddy I'm lost for words :mellow:

For people who don't know me thats no mean feet!!!!

Simply stunning dude, all the new bits and pieces come together beautifully. As you know I'm not a fan of the duck spoiler but I think it looks great on your car :thumbsup:

Bring on the FTE :thumbsup: