Nanglebadgers work in progress

jonny there's pictures of the rays a few pages back mate! 14" Volks 5/4s refurbed in Anthracite.

Jay, looks like we should get a dry sunny day tomorrow but as u say, COLD it will be! many coffees needed, milk no sugar baby! i also have THE money! oh yes! i have it!

and yes Si my friend tomorrow sees the start of Nanglewagon-FTE in earnest, tomorrows plan is:

1: Return unneeded wiring to Jay

2: Pinch some bolts from under the centre section to replace the ones under my armrest

3: Remove FTE from that broke down old white thaaang in jay's yard and get it up on an engine stand for a good inspection of conditon to assess requirements for any new parts (gaskets, filters etc etc etc)

4: Remove inlet mani and fuel rail (mu'hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa)

5: remove throttle thingy so I can arrange for the nice shiny blue one from Ramsey

Jay I am to leave Belfast between 9 and 9.30 so i'll see u after 10. Have the kettle boiled!

Phil.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

where the hell do i start today...

BadgerSport Enterprises in association with Jay's Garage and Ceiling Cat (that cat on Jays roof that oversees our work), presents...

Project BadgerSport!!

all went VERY well today, got the FTE removed and partially deconstructed and its currently hanging from an engine crane safe and sound. the engine looks in really good condition, as does the turbo, nothin out of the ordinary goin on, just needs a darn good clean! so far so good.

i have also returned home with possibly one of the rarest parts i have ever encountered to add to my collection of OEM options.......are u ready?? a felt covered coin holder that replaces the ash tray!!!! its awesome!!!!!!! Jay has only ever seen one other before and believes that they are from the ep's that came with the no-smoking signs in them!

I've got a pic of it at home so i'll try to get that uploaded over the next few days!

all i have to add right now is...Jay my friend, I dont know wot else to say other than thank u for today! simple as that!!! thank u mate!

Phil.

where the hell do i start today...

BadgerSports Enterprises in association with Jay's Garage and Ceiling Cat (that cat on Jays roof that oversees our work), presents...

Project BadgerSport!!

all went VERY well today, got the FTE removed and partially deconstructed and its currently hanging from an engine crane safe and sound. the engine looks in really good condition, as does the turbo, nothin out of the ordinary goin on, just needs a darn good clean! so far so good.

i have also returned home with possibly one of the rarest parts i have ever encountered to add to my collection of OEM options.......are u ready?? a felt covered coin holder that replaces the ash tray!!!! its awesome!!!!!!! Jay has only ever seen one other before and believes that they are from the ep's that came with the no-smoking signs in them!

I've got a pic of it at home so i'll try to get that uploaded over the next few days!

all i have to add right now is...Jay my friend, I dont know wot else to say other than thank u for today! simple as that!!! thank u mate!

Phil.

Well done mate really pleased for you :) A bit more JDM goodness and a rare one at that :harhar:

Looks like you'll be boosted well before me :) Oh well :thumbsup:

great hearing you are going FTE aswell :D

and all those little things really make the car YOURS.

i am still suprised by all the lil stuff this Glanza does have and my N/A didn't. Like being able to change the wipers interval speed. LOL

Keep up th egreat work and don't forget to make pictures!!! it's really nice to be able to look back on a great project like this once its all done :D

thanks guys, i had a freaking ball and Jay took the time to explain every little detail on the FTE to me which has helped my understanding ALOT!

no estimated date as yet, gotta get insurance paid, Rays tyred up, the dent and bumper sorted, an FMIC and zorst and BOV arranged, then arrange about 3days in succession that me and Jay are both off and that also suit weejohn.

no rush, gonna do things properly.

Phil.

Project BadgerSport - Visual Update

OK, managed to get some pics uploaded, took ages on this dongle tho.

The moment my very own 4E-FTE (thank u FatherBadger) came out of its former home

DSC_0002.jpg

Beware, do not take your precious Ep anywhere near the Costa-del-Vogie...this is what happens to the ones who wander of the beaten track! like a scene from an Ep themed 'Wrong Turn'!!!!

DSC_0005.jpg

some of the components home for safe keeping:

DSC_0008.jpg

the non-smoking coin holder tray:

DSC_0009.jpg

and then this evening I thought i would tease myself:

Front:

DSC_0002-1.jpg

Rear:

DSC_0003.jpg

thats all folks.

Phil.