• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if she needs adjusted i can run her to Powerflow in Ballymena again

thanks Sam dude, much appreciated.

been priming and sanding, priming and sanding for a day or two on 3 of my speedies (the 4th leaks air which i'm PRAYING is just the seal, so i'm gettin that checked over first before i paint it!). they'll get another sand here this evening and then maybe a coat of grey primer before the anthracite goes on! yeehaaaaaaaa!

Phil.

nice one dude!

not gettin too obsessive over them, i.e. i'm not filling them with isopon or anything. they were lightly kerbed when i bought them. this filler primer has delt with most of the minor blemishes, but its not a professional refurb like the Rays got with metal welding etc. at the end of the day they are winter wheels. not really sure how well the paint will hold up with winter, they may need powder coated next summer to be fair. but time will tell.

for now, 3 wheels have had 3 coats of filler primer and sanding, and they got grey primer thanks to mark tonight. tomorrow whilst im at work mark'll check how the grey has taken and touch up where/if necessary and then tomorrow night when i get home they'll get their first coat of plastikote metallic anthracite. really enjoying doing them up as a wee project, its good craic.

Phil.

hah! shows how much i know! i thought i was gettin a blitz item off chris. i'm such a loooooooooooooooooooooser lol!!!!

here's a question for you all.......with it being off a Glanza, will she hang straight onto my UK n/a, or will we encounter hanger placement issues??

Phil.

the front hangers on the n/a are on the standard rear gearbox mount on a GT/Glanza they are on the chassis a but further back towards the rear, so you'll probs need that modifying... Backbox should fit fine though :)

glad to see it progressing mate ! :thumbsup:

hah! shows how much i know! i thought i was gettin a blitz item off chris. i'm such a loooooooooooooooooooooser lol!!!!

here's a question for you all.......with it being off a Glanza, will she hang straight onto my UK n/a, or will we encounter hanger placement issues??

Phil.

will go straight on as far as i can remember.

thats great Ian, thanks for your input dude! very much appreciated!!!

really itching to get the FTE fitted now. just need MOT cleared up.

3 speedies have 3 coats of anthracite, 4th is away being checked to see if the seal is shot or if its buckled! fingers crossed for seal! quick rub down, then a 4th coat and that should be the 3 painted speedies ready for the coloured lip!

Phil.

cheers bro!

3speedies got a 1200 grade sand this avo, and have just got their 4th and final coat of PlastiKoat anthracite and are now in the house to dry in the warmth! next up is the 8L5 (blurple) lip, not quite sure how i'm gonna mask the rest of the wheel yet tho!

Phil.

edit*** here's a little taste of the wheels so far.

avec filler primer:

DSC_0001.jpg

mit colour:

DSC_0003.jpg

Phil.

cheers jonny.

yeah the rays are too nice to use during the winter! plus they're too light for winter useage, they'd be an even bigger pain than they are right now!

Phil.

aye i know what you mean mate <_< lol

Speedys are gonna look awesome when there done matey. Ive still got to build up the standard V wheels at work so i can put them on for winter useage. Dont want to be harming the paint on my Speedlines there still mint lol <_<

LOL he is slow but its going to be perfect, no point doing it 2 or 3 times

Yes those are 15s Jay, would be good to see what its power is after all the work that he has done.

Is there another rr day coming up?

Mark

the slowness is due to slowass builders drinking tea, munching kitkats and reading the Sun when they should have been laying bricks! i take no responsibility for the conversion pace!

i just work SHIT unsociable hours in retail because retail is SHIT.

i aint bothered about RR'in it, i aint got the days off before conversion time to be honest.

one lip blurple'd up, two more ready to go, fourth to be collected tomorrow after a detour to Saintfield to pay a starlet man for a starlet exhaust.

Phil.