• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hard work is about to pay off bro.

car is looking great.

Mikey we have looked at them, but prob is the fact that toyota wheel bolts are on the hubs, you just get wheel bolts, where as most others you get wheel nuts meaning if you get spacers you just get longer wheel bolts and prob solved, havent given up yet though.

Jim, its a Zisco c-pillar bar, very good and well worth the money, my GT also has one and great mod.

Mark

Wow that is one nice nanglewagon. I've missed sooo much, but once this turbo is in, its going to move the part as it does look the part. Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiceeeeee!

O, and i've never been a fan of 4 spokes, but i think its pulls it off nicely, dunno if its to do with the 5 spokes at the back, but i love it! Still got my vote for one of my favs phil! Keep it up! :thumbsup:

thanks for the kind words folks.

as Mark has stated, yes the C-Pillar bar is a Zisco item, replicated from a ZEP one.

as for spacers, as Mark states, there could be an issue with the nuts - the spacer would cover some of the threads, reducing the number the Rays nuts can grip too, which i would not be happy with. I have been warned by Alan D that u may only get to take the lightweight nuts off about 4 times before they loose their thread as they are rather soft - im not sure if there is any truth in this but i believe he had such an issue with lightweight wheel nuts before.

Phoned Jay today, plans are afoot.

Phil.

indeed this is true, but with the turbo conversion only around the corner, wiring to sort, and no doubt some teething issues, as well as the added insurance and also MOT, i am not currently in possession of a bottomless pot money.

just got a couple of bits from the FTE inlet mani colour coded there before work, fussy aren't i!

Phil.

i was NOT at jay's today.....................

ok, i was! i lied, its true. i was there!!!!!

Mark, Jay and myself got the engine onto the engine stand and gave her another cleaning. looks much better.

we have also compiled a "To Do" list on good old-fashioned pen and paper! following that, Jay got the exhaust mani, turbo, blitz decat, smoothed fuel rail, air pipe and TRD engine mount all fitted whilst mark and I cleaned and polished some bits and pieces. got the fuel pressure regulator thingy home to polish up nice and shiney.

Next step is MOT as an n/a, wasn't planning to but this saves arguing with the exhuast. Jay has some parts to send for sandblasting, and then its pretty much go time. He also has some pics of our handy work from today which i'm sure he will share with us soon enough!

as always i must express my thanks to jay for his continued hard work and time on this conversion. I mus also make special mention of Mark for company and banter on the lengthy drive to and from, and for his assistance with cleaning the block and polishing stuff when we got home! Siblings, where would we be without them!!!!!!!!

Phil.

edit*** as soon as i posted this the page refreshed and Jay had beaten me to it!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha, i'm so slow!

patience young man, patience, good things come to those who wait.

Progress!

This evening mark and I set about getting the Speedlines all ready for winter funs! two of them have been cleaned, rubbed, cellulose thinnered (is thinnered a real word???), masked and given a first coat of filler primer (good old halfords!). this stuff is gooooooood and heavy so will fill in some of the kerb marks that came on the wheels when i got them. they wont have a pro-like finish, but for winter they should do the job real well. seems Plasticoat have discontinued their metallic back, so I've opted for metallic graphite instead with the blurple lip. hopefully should look good.

also, for Jay's attention, MOT is booked for sat 24th oct, so once she runs through that, we are good to go with the conversion.

Phil.

hah! shows how much i know! i thought i was gettin a blitz item off chris. i'm such a loooooooooooooooooooooser lol!!!!

here's a question for u all.......with it being off a Glanza, will she hang straight onto my UK n/a, or will we encounter hanger placement issues??

Phil.