• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^^^thank-you kind sir!

Indeed Matthew, indeed.

updated pics? feck knows, ages ago lol. last pics were probably of the gauges being mounted about a year ago. still need wired in.

all being well, she's getting moved down to her new home tonight with the kind assistance of Joel and Alan.

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger

it looks......dusty......and empty at the rear lol.

and slutty along the dash.

yeah Chris, the car has been residing at my folks' house since the mrs and I bought a house last september. My one request was that whatever house we bought have a garage for the EP, which it does, and its now time to bring her down home all being gravy.

there may even be the odd update now as we set about investigating what is required for MOT and what is still on the to-do list.

Phil.

it looks......dusty......and empty at the rear lol.

and slutty along the dash.

yeah Chris, the car has been residing at my folks' house since the mrs and I bought a house last september. My one request was that whatever house we bought have a garage for the EP, which it does, and its now time to bring her down home all being gravy.

there may even be the odd update now as we set about investigating what is required for MOT and what is still on the to-do list.

Phil.

Happy Days!

Best way to find out what you need for MOT is to take it and hope for the best, at least if it fails, you will have a check list to work from. Hope to see you on the road soon!

lol i'd say thats a while away yet dude, my aim is to get it into a condition where every yr all it will need is taxed and insured to pull it out of the garage, try and keep the MOT ticking over.

Phil.

Excellent Idea Phil :)

John

movement, denied.

Goddamn Starlets.

Joel and Alan kindly rocked up with a loaner battery, and she fired up first time. no complaints. ticked over nicely for 10 / 15 minutes, no problems, temperature coming up....then, as we're about to think about making a move down the road.....drip.....drip......drip.....drip....oil.

the gents identified it as the sump seal - somehow it had blown out the sump seal. fuck me pink and call me sally.

so, the source of the leak has been patched up with, and this is an NI term, gum-gellachy, it will now sit until sunday evening, when we will try again as we have the loan of the trade plates til then. HOPEFULLY it holds, even if its just long enough to get it the 45 minutes down home. if it doesnt, the sump will need to come off, meaning its stuck there for a brave while yet....leading to an angry Fatherbadger.

as always my thanks to Alan and Joel for their help, but this car conspires to leak. amazing.

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger

Aww man!

What side of the sump is she leaking? Mine was leaking from the crank pulley side and was able to drop it down a bit and reseal the leaky side.

On the other hand it wouldn't be a Starlet if it wasn't leaking oil.

Doesn't want to leave the snug warm garage Phil. She's pulled that trick before lol.

If you need any assistance in getting the baby shifted to her new home just shout. After all, you assisted in getting my baby to it's new home. No towrope this time though - I have faith in the Brothers Evans! :drinks:

cheers Jay, i'll keep that in mind dude. the thing is, she's going from one garage to another lol, i dunno what she's bitching about lol!

i dont have access to a camera really anymore since i moved out, so pics will be a while. nothing to see anyway other than dust lol.

Phil.

piece of shit blackberry camera. wouldnt even pick up the outline of the car. its hopeless. and its buried in dust anyway. i'll have to see if i can find my point and shoot from whatever packing box its still in from moving house.

Cheers Nick, we'll see what happens tomorrow evening.

if i can get it down the road it'll be time to start getting bits and pieces sorted on it, including givin the bay a good sorting.

having been stored for 2 years now has given the paint stripper that some wee cunt put on it years ago the chance to make its presence felt even more. she's now in need a full respray due to paint stripper, poor paint on the ducktail and rear end of the car where it has pimpled and spiderwebbed, poor paint work on the front of the car where it has also cracked, and the bonnet needing replaced. having looked it over with Alan last nite, it aint in great nick, and there's only so much a good polish will do for it.

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger