Nanglebadgers work in progress

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know man, really lookin forward to seein this damn splitter finally on, will polish off the exterior mods for now, not totally, just for now. And really lookin forward to feelin if the mani has made a difference, thats probably where my mechanic is!!! he's into his rallyin and he has a habit of testin every mod he does on the back roads ound larne to make sure its 100% before handin it back to me! :L :L

Phil.

Project Extreme EP has vanished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah only jokin! Dunno wots goin on, she wasnt left back today, i guess they're just lettin the glue on the splitter sit for as long as possible to give it as good as chance as possible of holdin, hopefully she'll be home tomorrow. No rush really as i aint goin anywhere lol. As usual i'll keep u posted on any developments.

Phil.

ITS BACK ITS BACK ITS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! And all i can say is OH SWEET LORD IN HEAVEN!!!!!!

The splitter just looks so damn tidy i LOVE IT!!!!!! brings the front end together perfectly.

The manifold - i had it colour coded and it looks class. The reason it took so long is that it gave my mechanic some aggro fittin it, the throttle cable caused some problems with not fittin apparently and they had to rape some cable end parts off a crashed saxo in order to get her to finally fit properly. My mechanic took it a spin before bringin it to me and was AMASED at the difference it made (he got the before and after effect as he was the one who collected it on tuesday with the stock mani in place), he said he pulled 80mph in 3rd. I then took her a short spin to feel for myself (even tho i probably shoudnt have lol)...i cant believe the difference in that car, not only are the flat spots gone but she pulls like a bloody STEAM TRAIN now!!!! Acceleration is without question improved! I know some folk have said its only a minor improvement, but not in the nanglewagon, its ALOT quicker, i was pullin over 80mph in 3rd, she revs alot higher than before and alot quicker too!!!! My thanks go to Scutch0 for recommendin it to me and to Geo for providing me with the mani! And u wana know how much it cost me to have it painted and fitted?? remember my old 14" 5spoke speedline wheels from last year??? just gave them back to the mechanic, that was the payment as he wanted them back for his own car!!! SCORE!!!!!!

Update pics:

DSCN0524.jpg

DSCN0525.jpg

DSCN0526.jpg

DSCN0528.jpg

DSCN0527.jpg

close up of the throttle cable

DSCN0529.jpg

Phil.

Mate, Im really pleased for you!!! :)

I saw it and thought HOLY SHIT!! ;)

Really finishes off the front and the sides, especially being an n/a specific front splitter!

She looks so much more complete! And the mani looks like something from another world lol!

Congrats dude!

Fantastic Progress.

Joz

Both the mani and splitter look well smart mate, the front end now looks complete!

And with the mani, it does an excellent difference as my bro has noticed, it hit 86mph in 3rd with 2 passengers! Will get some vids :)

Nice work anyway Phil, liking it. You considered c/coding the rear mudflaps then?

Also need a smaller front plate like an import one to completely finish off the front end!

Cheers man! :)

i have other number plates to go back on, havnt got round to it yet, not import ones tho, as for colour codin mud flaps, no not yet, i have some ideas up my sleeve that would make colour codin them just now a waste of time and paint dude! top secret tho lol!

Phil.