stage 2

new wheels update!

a few months ago i spotted a set of black racing 14inch wheels in red, they were at a bargain price, so i snapped them up intending to refurb them.

DSC00813.jpg

DSC00837.jpg

DSC00898.jpg

here they are fully refurbed fitted to the car! enjoy!

DSC00980.jpg

DSC00975.jpg

DSC00973.jpg

DSC00977.jpg

unfortunately however, i had a re-occuring problem...

DSC00974.jpg

another sheared stud!

o well, i'll be fixing that tomorrow, so should have so good pics ready for the weekend if the weather holds out!

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very smart indeed Rich, hope u get it all sorted

cheers buddy. so do i! it also turns out that the garage who changed my last set of tyres stripped the thread on one of the front studs too! so im replacing that today too!

haha thats minted mate, that looks awsome rich!

thats weard how another nut has sheared, is it off the same hub?

cheers mate. its taken a while to get them ready, but they needed to go on for mot next week!

strangely enough its the other side!

They look pretty smart, nice work :lol:

She needs a slam now though!

Would you sell your old rims to my brother?

nah, its low enough for me, any lower than this and it'll start destroying itself around here. just ask oli! his is faaaar too low for this area!

not too sure what im doing with the old wheels yet. i was considering refurbing them again and using them as winter rims, but i cant decide. i may be interested in swapping them for some speedlines :p

very nice love the red wheels makes it a whole different car and love the front splitter

its contrasting as fuck! and i love it. i totally agree, it changed the whole look of the car! feels a bit quicker too!

Looks nice with those rims :lol:

I know you got uprated suspension but it aint low enough :lol:

cheers sparks. i knew you'd like em!

indeed i have, but with these on the ride is much more comfy, it handles better too but as said before if it is any lower i'l start getting problems.

unless anyone wants to donate a set of coilys for 50p? sparky? :blink:

The more I see the splitter the more I love it, looks cool!!!

50p?? No you cheeky devil how dare you!!! Could settle for £2 though :lol::blink::p

Oh and thats a pretty sweet crib aswell :lol:

not a massive fan of the splitter mate, but its different.

red wheels are definately for the win though :lol:

yeah, i wanted the genuine factory splitter... but they were going for far too much money. maybe if i find a cheap one i'll have it.

cheers buddy. i wanted to spray my old ones red before i found these, but i wanted 14's ideally.

The more I see the splitter the more I love it, looks cool!!!

50p?? No you cheeky devil how dare you!!! Could settle for £2 though :p:blink::lol:

Oh and thats a pretty sweet crib aswell :p

cheers mate, we'd have to see what the splitter look like on your na! would look pretty sweet!

sold on the coilys! that was a delivered price by the way... :lol:

"nah, its low enough for me, any lower than this and it'll start destroying itself around here. just ask oli! his is faaaar too low for this area!"

lol i still want lower and when i get my 14's on il be loving it because i wont be missing a bump!! but ye the roads here are as highly appreciated as gordon brown!

looking sweet rich i forgot to pop up last night didnt remember till gone 8 when i saw steve at sainos, maybe we can meet up saturday afternoon quick im gonig to get my system made up for 12 so after that maybe take a few snaps?!!?!?!?!?

p.s. you can come round mine with that bit of pipe shiznit i need and give me a hand :blink:

yeah, i wanted the genuine factory splitter... but they were going for far too much money. maybe if i find a cheap one i'll have it.

cheers buddy. i wanted to spray my old ones red before i found these, but i wanted 14's ideally.

cheers mate, we'd have to see what the splitter look like on your na! would look pretty sweet!

sold on the coilys! that was a delivered price by the way... :blink:

Actually I got one of them splitters lying around because I was goin to use it (dont know if you have seen my current bumper in progress) i may still try it on my other bumper though just to see :p

Hahaha done :lol:

Oh......my.....goodness....gracious....me...that....is...outstandingly sexual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love that!!!!!!!! no really, u have no idea how serious im bein, that is SENSUAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rich my friend u have done it again!!!!!!!!! your work is nothing short of inspiring each and every time u update!!!!

i'm so stunned by that i dont know wot else to type as it wouldnt capture its AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil.

i can sort all you boys out with coilovers for good money, you should know that by now... :lol:

i have considered asking you to seek me out some coilys, but these are too comfy to get rid of. i love em. altho i am interested in maybe finding a ducktail depending on how much they cost?

"nah, its low enough for me, any lower than this and it'll start destroying itself around here. just ask oli! his is faaaar too low for this area!"

lol i still want lower and when i get my 14's on il be loving it because i wont be missing a bump!! but ye the roads here are as highly appreciated as gordon brown!

looking sweet rich i forgot to pop up last night didnt remember till gone 8 when i saw steve at sainos, maybe we can meet up saturday afternoon quick im gonig to get my system made up for 12 so after that maybe take a few snaps?!!?!?!?!?

p.s. you can come round mine with that bit of pipe shiznit i need and give me a hand :lol:

lol yours was stupidly low on the steelies mate, so be prepaired for the scrapeage!

yeah, could bring out the small camera and take some snaps after work as i finish at 5.

i'll try and remember the pipe, but im shooting out quite early both nights this weekend so maybe sunday?

Actually I got one of them splitters lying around because I was goin to use it (dont know if you have seen my current bumper in progress) i may still try it on my other bumper though just to see :)

Hahaha done :p

nice one you should put it on anywho. be good to see one on a n/a!

Oh......my.....goodness....gracious....me...that....is...outstandingly sexual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love that!!!!!!!! no really, u have no idea how serious im bein, that is SENSUAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rich my friend u have done it again!!!!!!!!! your work is nothing short of inspiring each and every time u update!!!!

i'm so stunned by that i dont know wot else to type as it wouldnt capture its AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil.

:blink: im glad you like it phil mate! i wasnt sure what everyone would think with red on a white car, but it does bring a smile to my face each time i walk up to it!

the funny thing is you knew what was coming! i didnt think you'd be this blown away about it!

but either way, im glad i can still surprise you guys! and there i was thinkin i'd lost my touch! :p:lol:

this still isnt quite the end of the update by the way guys.

there are a couple more small bits left that should be on over the next week! so watch this space!

unbelieveably i sheared off another stud last night trying to torque them up... it wasnt even getting tight when it went.... but ive done it so many times now that it only took me half hour to change!

think previous owner went a bit mad tightening them before. :blink:

unbelieveably i sheared off another stud last night trying to torque them up... it wasnt even getting tight when it went.... but ive done it so many times now that it only took me half hour to change!

think previous owner went a bit mad tightening them before. :blink:

I know it probably sounds silly to you, but...

How new is your torque wrench?

Do you unwind the spring pressure when you have finished using it?

the wrench is about 2 years old, but my dad keeps it in top notch condition, always winding it out after using it... so i wasnt too worried about it.

but i know what your saying.

but this one just went just as it was going from loose to a tiny bit tight... so i dont think it was me being a bit too brutal.

my next update im itching to put on the car but i may have problems getting it thru mot... im so tempted to fit them but i might have to hold out until the 19th of next month!

stage 3

hid kit. ever sinse i saw one of these fitted i wanted one, and ive managed to find one at a price i could afford, so heres a comparison pic fitted.

halogen

DSC00992.jpg

hid

DSC00991.jpg

so far it seems to make a huge difference. really pleased with the outcome, i modified the main beam to be brighter too!

Rich.