new speedhut oel dial faces

new head unit

new wheelnuts

oem sideskirts

ww front lip

smoothed front bumper

new black crosshatch mesh

small plate

new steering wheel (as my old one was nackered)

full compound using mop

other little fixes

havent had much time to take good pics, as ive spent the last three days non stop getting her ready...

ill let the pics do the talking,

How she used to look

6.jpg

new headunit :D

P1050882.jpg

new wheel and interior shot

P1050881.jpg

Speedhut dials

P1050883.jpg

wheel refurb & d1 racing nuts

P1050887.jpg

exterior pics

P1050889.jpg

P1050885.jpg

P1050886.jpg

P1050888.jpg

im so pleased with how it came out!

It's almost finished, just waiting for some oem spats, some facelift clear indicators, and then im refurbishing the engine plastics as the paint reacted last time.

Rich

Cheers for all the nice comments ^^,

It's taken all winter and spring to get it to this stage, the front of the car was painted shortly after I first bought it and the guys who dd it used the wrong shade of paint, so I've taken the plunge and resprayed the front of the car myself, as I couldn't afford to get a bodyshop to sort it.

I'm just glad it's come out as well as it has.

I'll upload some better pics soon.

How did you make the gauge pod?!?

Looks awesome....if it aint too hard i'd like to try it. :rolleyes:

Mike

It took a bit of time, firstly I laid out masking tape over a section of the dash and used it as a mould and coated it in fibreglass mat, since that was dry I used some plastic foam board to create a gauge holder and then bonded it to the fibreglass.

Then I converted the outside in a thin layer or fibreglass mat to get a rough shape, then a skim of fibreglass filler over it to create the shape, then finally body filler over the top, paint, and the it was done.

Here's the three stages I took pics of.

3169bf7b.jpg

8a159681.jpg

6a55ce32.jpg

• 2 months later...

Well the supra let me down for the first time last week, (2 an a half years of ownership isn't bad I guess!) the starter motor just gave up at half 1 in the morning :(

So I bought a rebuild kit (for £13.50 delivered! :D ) and decided to get it sorted today. Thought I'd document it too.

Firstly, it's a starter motor on a supra, it's not gonna be easy to get to is it?

9b08df92.jpg

It's behind the inlet manifold and is only accessible from underneath, also the bolts are in a rediculious place, and you need an assortment of universal joints and wobble bars to even get to them :@

Once I had it loose I realised that everything was in the way, and I was gonna have to move something else to get it out, so in the end I unbolted the clutch slave cylinder which meant if I spun the starter on its back, and unbolted the fuel filter I could wiggle it out!

e4e5ee3c.jpg

Success!

Next I had it on the bench and started stripping it down.

233163a8.jpg

28e44fcc.jpg

The old plunger was ok, but as I had a new one in the kit it made sense to change it...

6ce4cced.jpg

8e99b628.jpg

New vs old

583b216b.jpg

Contacts out

7c8aa0f5.jpg

Check out the step on the old contact! No wonder it refused to start!

36e7d841.jpg

Rebuilt ready to go!

2cc1e418.jpg

Refitting it was a little easier until I realised the axel stands had sunk into the tarmac and the car was now about an inch lower than before :@

While I had the front of the car up I gave the bushes a once over trying to find an illusive knocking noise, which I'm now pretty convinced are just noisy shocks... And I also decided to give the brakes a once over too, all good so I repainted the calipers as the paint had seen better days :)

Here's how they looked, so I masked up the supra logo and after a quick clean they were ready for paint.

3588d4f2.jpg

Quick coat of silver

80162a1a.jpg

5b4d1999.jpg

Some vauxhall Arden blue and lacquer

7d3632c5.jpg

Then viola!

675c92d4.jpg

82b7ff9f.jpg

Also redoing my engine plastics very soon.

Also fitted my alloy dial rings

6b2da2ef.jpg

And fitted my stainless steel heater bezels and knobs

d3f79458.jpg

8592d7be.jpg

424c0da9.jpg

How it all looks now :)

228c8ea1.jpg