hey guys,

well as a few of you might have seen, my beloved glanza v left me yesterday... and i went to pick up her replacement the very same afternoon!

this is my new project, my 1995 manual N/A Toyota Supra...

P1040037.jpg

P1040038.jpg

P1040039.jpg

P1040040.jpg

P1040041.jpg

P1040042.jpg

P1040043.jpg

P1040044.jpg

P1040045.jpg

P1040046.jpg

P1040047.jpg

P1040048.jpg

P1040049.jpg

P1040050.jpg

P1040051.jpg

P1040051.jpg

she is a 1995 Non turbo model, in the same colour as my old V, 040 super white.

basically standard, but with 18" alloys, blitz nur spec, and hks intake. unsure if its been lowered or not.

i'll add some more info later.

Rich.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the kind comments.

got my seal of aproval mate, hopefully you will stick around the forum and not fade into obscurity :o

cheers bud. yeah, i'll still be on here from time to time :)

niiiice! shame it's not a tubby... that would be insane!

still super nice, what you got planned for this beauty?

cheers mate, well tbh, just sort out the few bits that bug me; front number plate needs to be a import job, rear fog has got to go, passenger door mirror needs fixing, and a few little bits needing to be repainted, maybe get a standard airbox too.

then in the long run; new speakers all round, plasma dials, new wheels, hks hi power exhaust, oem rear spats, oem side skirts, maybe a top secret front bumper, and just generally some tarting up.

there are absolutely no plans to turbo this beast, shes plenty for what i need, this project will not be a performance project, she's to be a cruiser... thats why i didn't fancy the tt, thats part of the reason why i decided to sell the glanza, i just found myself not using the glanza for blatting about in (which some might argue is what they're best for) or to its full potential, i was just using it to cruise about in... so i decided that a good supe n/a manual would fit the bill, good bit of power... not horrendous on fuel and a real nice looking cruiser, plus i always wanted one of these when i was a kid, so it was a bit of a dream come true!

she came with a good wad of Japanese service history, pics of it in japan, shipping docs, mileage certification docs, uk buyer receipt, and full uk service history, plus she was garaged for the last five years, so she seems to be a well looked after solid example. :p

How doyou mean "power response" mate?

All I know is that it's quicker than the Glanza, Power delivery is dead smooth but progressive, sucking you into the seat, untill you reach 5k then the engine note changes and a bag load more power hits you, almost a bit like vvti... she then screams her way through to 7k!and sounds the absolute tits...

Don't get me wrong peeps, I did consider a tt, but it'd be another situation like the Glanza, just not using it to it's full potential. This is a bit of a handful so far, so I'd be staggered to see what the tt is like!

Good to see your sticking around and with a Toyota :D

I have complete faith in what you do to this and its going to look awsome, you highlighted some of the key things I dont like about it and glad to say your gonna sort them out, like the nasty rear fog and front numberplate etc :D

Im sure there will be some colour changes to the wheels aswell for sure :thumbsup:

I have to admit I wouldnt own a n/a Supra either, to me its like owning a n/a scooby etc but aslong as your happy :D

All the best with it buddy

• 1 month later...

got some updated pics i took the other day:

P1040161.jpg

P1040162.jpg

P1040166.jpg

P1040167.jpg

P1040168.jpg

P1040169.jpg

P1040172.jpg

P1040173.jpg

P1040174.jpg

P1040175.jpg

P1040176.jpg

P1040178.jpg

P1040181.jpg

P1040182.jpg

things that have changed...

well the proper import plate is now on, and the rear foglight is gone (ive rewired it into one of the reversing lights) my pioneer stereo is in (finally!), new speakers all round as the original toyota ones were shagged, new greddy grex gearknob, stock airbox now fitted, and ive been fiddling with the illumination to get rid of the horrid green... more on that when its finished!

finally got round to giving it a quick polish too, but it was obviously too cold for that as it froze to the paintwork!! so this is just washed at the mo, and as you can see the paintwork is in pretty nice condition!

Rich.

Very nice. :D

I have always loved these, and will have one with a big single turbo one day.

What's it like to live with compared to a Starlet?

It's great so far tbh, nice and comfy, not bad when you put you're toe down either. It's a bit hefty of fuel atm, but should be better when I've given it a good service.

It's totally changed my driving style too...

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely mate, looks real nice and clean.

I totally love the shape of these, the presence, the inside layout and if it were a turbo i'd love it for that reason too. But to be honest I admire it as a N/A which should be fun, less worries about turbo and in general less money to spend on high maintenance and power.